Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Cardinals GDT Week 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Steelers @ Cardinals GDT Week 7 Reply with quote

PITTSBURGH STEELERS (4-2) @ ARIZONA CARDINALS (1-4) 4:05pm est TV: CBS

We all know what happened the last time these 2 teams met. We saw the Steelers raise their 6th Lombardi Trophy in a game that had the longest play in Super bowl history and a great 4th quarter comeback by the Cardinals only to have it trumped by an amazing pass and catch by the Steelers with 35 seconds left in the game.

This game by no means is as big as Super Bowl 43, but a win is very important to both teams. Arizona is pretty much in must win mode to stay in sight of the division leading 49ers and the Steelers need a win to stay 1 game behind the Ravens and even with the Bengals.

Arizona is coming off a bye week having time to rest up, heal, prepare for the Steelers and do a little soul searching. They had a players only meeting during that span. Darnell Docket described it as "emotional". I'm sure they will come into this game as pumped as ever.

The Steelers are coming off a 17-13 win against Jacksonville. A Jekyll and Hyde performance by the Offense. They were great in the 1st half and awful in the 2nd half. This could be one of those "trap" games for the Steelers. They must stay on their toes and not take the 1-5 Cardinals too lightly.

IKE TAYLOR VS LARRY FITZGERALD

I know there are other match-ups in this game but this is one match-up that I'm interested in. Ike has been very good this season and has been arguably the Steelers best defender so far this season. You will never confuse Kevin Kolb with the All-Pro/ MVP Kurt Warner, but even so, Larry Fitz is one of the best receivers in the game and is always a threat to take over a game.

Team Stats:

Offense

The Steelers are 10th in Yds per game (373). 11th rushing (122.3), 12th passing (250.7) and 22nd in scoring (19.8 ) points per game. Sacks allowed tied 28th (1Cool.

The Cardinals are 18th in Yds per game (340.2), 21st in rushing (103), 16th passing (237.2 ) and 23rd in scoring (19.2) points per game. Sacks allowed tied 24th (16)

Defense

The Steelers are 1st in Yds per game allowed (270.5), 15th rushing (112.Cool, 1st in passing (157.7) and 4th in points allowed (17). Tied for 10th with sack (15).

The Cardinals are 21st in yards per game allowed (377), 20th rushing (188.Cool, 20th passing(258.2) and tied 16th points allowed (24.2). Tied 19th in sacks (11)

Turnover ratio:

Steelers 32nd (-10)

Cardinals 24th (-4)

Key Injuries:

Steelers:
Quote:
Troy Polamalu is set to start against the Cardinals. He passed his concussion tests. Tomlin talked about Troy on the cell phone and said he was calling his wife to let her know he was okay. He "hopes common sense prevails" when talking about a possible fine.

Doug Legursky will have surgery on his dislocated toe and miss a number of weeks.

Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith are questionable to return the next game. That is what Tomlin said, but I think he means doubtful.

Chris Hoke is also listed as questionable, but his chance to play is higher than Smith and Hampton.

With Legursky out, it appears that Chris Kemoeatu will return from his knee injury this week.

Mike Wallace has a slight hamstring issue and will be limited in practice this week.

Jason Worilds should be healthy enough to play this week, but Tomlin did not guarantee he would start at ROLB instead of Timmons.

Marcus Gilbert will return to practice this week.

Mewelde Moore will also return to practice this week.

James Harrison will not play, but will stand on the sideline and look mean.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/10/18/2498228/steelers-injury-report-post-week-5-game-against-the-jaguars

Cardinals:
Will add later

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no Random hotties because of the Webby ban! Sad

Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
James Harrison will not play, but will stand on the sideline and look mean.

Favorite Laughing

although id much rather he play, and look mean
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

Not really a ban. Just toning it down. No thongs or g-strings. Less butt showing stuff. That's all.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

Not really a ban. Just toning it down. No thongs or g-strings. Less butt showing stuff. That's all.

Thats just un-American.
xjayex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy may get fined? For what? Being so good?
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

Thats just un-American.

Gotta agree, its disappointing.

Jamison. on the sig
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:

For telling his wife that he was ok on the cell phone after the concussion. Rolling Eyes
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:

I'm wonder this as well.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, we played the Cards the following year after we won the SB and they beat us. Can anyone confirm or deny this? My memory sometimes gets foggy Laughing

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
IIRC, we played the Cards the following year after we won the SB and they beat us. Can anyone confirm or deny this? My memory sometimes gets foggy Laughing

We played them the year before we beat them in the Super bowl in Arizona and lost.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

We played them the year before we beat them in the Super bowl in Arizona and lost.

Yeah. Year before. Tomlin and Whiz's first year as a head coach.

The Cards CAN beat us. Based on how we have played most of this season, any team CAN beat us right now, but I think Kolb is crap, they dont have a running game to speak of, and their defense is very mediocre.

This should be an easy win. SHOULD BE. Not WILL BE.

If we lose to the Cards, I wont take this team seriously the rest of the year. Ill follow and support them, but IMO, the Cards are a bottom 5 team still, maybe botom 7 or 8 at best. We have no bisiness losing to them. In fact, this game really has no business being close if we are truly a great team.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

The Cards CAN beat us. Based on how we have played most of this season, any team CAN beat us right now, but I think Kolb is crap, they dont have a running game to speak of, and their defense is very mediocre.

If we lose to the Cards, I wont take this team seriously the rest of the year. Ill follow and support them, but IMO, the Cards are a bottom 5 team still, maybe botom 7 or 8 at best. We have no bisiness losing to them. In fact, this game really has no business being close if we are truly a great team.

I agree. We should beat them in the same manner as we beat Seattle. My question is, which team will show up? The one that beat the Titans and dominated the first half of the Jacksonville game or the other one?

Beanie Wells ran okay so far. He has 6 TD's although 3 came in 1 game. 381 yards ans a 4.8 avg in four games isn't all that bad.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I agree. We should beat them in the same manner as we beat Seattle. My question is, which team will show up? The one that beat the Titans and dominated the first half of the Jacksonville game or the other one?

Beanie Wells ran okay so far. He has 6 TD's although 3 came in 1 game. 381 yards ans a 4.8 avg in four games isn't all that bad.

I actually predicted the Cards would beat us this week. They know our system, and I think Peterson has the ability to almost run with Wallace. Not sure how our run defense will be, especially if Hoke is out. I thought our run defense was a lot worse with McClendon in there. I would try Heyward and Hood at DT. Still debating whether to start Beanie Wells at RB for my fantasy team!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

I actually predicted the Cards would beat us this week. They know our system, and I think Peterson has the ability to almost run with Wallace. Not sure how our run defense will be, especially if Hoke is out. I thought our run defense was a lot worse with McClendon in there. I would try Heyward and Hood at DT. Still debating whether to start Beanie Wells at RB for my fantasy team!

If Ben decides to force things downfield all game again we will struggle.

If Arians mixes things up and Ben takes what he is given, I foresee us kicking their ace.

Sadly, the former is more than likely to happen than the latter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: