Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

possible Rams draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magscivic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a good point. We do need to update the o line. Our RG and C are up there in age, like 33-35. Saipaia will play LG this year and McCollum will remain at center, Timmerman can play RG, we have Tercero, Grant Williams, and Larry Turner to backup the line. That still leaves us an OT short. Tercero or Grant Williams could play RT if we needed them to, so we can pick up either Brown or Barnes in the 1st or use the 1st to get a CB. Then in the 2nd use or 2nd and a 3rd to move up to get Adam Terry(OT), Baas(OG), or Brandon Browner(if we get an OT in the 1st).

The other option is....
We could stay at #19 and get either Brown or Barnes or a CB. Then at #50 pickup Munoz(OT/OG). Then in the 3rd get a C (Carter and Wilkerson?? may still be there) and S or another o line player. There are like 3-4 different ways the Rams could draft this year, but the first pick will either be a OT, CB, or DE. THe remaining picks will depend on the first round.

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but id take an effective passrusher before i take a corner for 1 reason

the year before last we had about the same corenrs same secondary but we had wistrom.

wistrom forced teams to take off blocking on little and those two just hurried the qbs all day. when you hurry the qb it opens up opurtinities for your secondary to make more plays. our secondary wasnt making plays because we had a doubel team on little every game and our other pass rusher jsut wasnt there.

so once again de or o line in the first round.

we are going to get like a 4th rounder as compensation for losing wistrom last year so we could get up to i think 9 picks.
magscivic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its like another 4th rounder or something like that for Wistrom. Also you make a great point though about Little getting double teamed. The problem with this is that Little might be behind bars for part of the season. This means no pass rush. So it might be a good idea to draft a DE in the first so we have some pressure on the QB and not just Anthony Hargrove doing all the work. I heard rumors of moving Pickett or Lewis over to DE a few weeks ago, any news on this?

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: