Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coles Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Coles Update Reply with quote

i was watching epsn this morning and John Clayton reported that right now the Ravens and Jets have expressed interest in Coles and are the front runners for any deals that may go down.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!! I knew that Newsome would go after a trade. The guy is a proven No. 1 receiver, just what we need. If we get him it will make my year.

I hope the Skins can get it together and restructure Chris Samuel's contract. That's the key to Coles being able to be traded.
raven5255

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scratch that last post, it looks like the Jets are much closer then we are:

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/8228173

Seems like the Jets are tying to trade Santana Moss for Coles straightup and its pretty close to being finalized. Hopefully something will fall apart in there for our sake. we better jump in there with another offer.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, maybe Samuel's should stall.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not real good news is it? You'd have to guess that Coles would prefer to go back to NY. He knows what he's got there (Pennington, Herm Edwards).
raven5255

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, bad news for us. Hopefully the Skins will reconsider though or if possible we could give a nicer offer.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Newsome is aggressive and stays involved. What do you think we could offer that would be competitive?
raven5255

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not really sure, other then some combination of draft picks. adalius thomas was the popular trade guy during the Moss rumors but i dont think the Skins have a need for him. im really not sure what he can offer.
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say. You're right about Thomas, they've already got LaVar Arrington and Marcus Washington.

All I can think of is this year's 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder, plus maybe Terry Jones or Dale Carter (apparently Carter is still under contract - Baltimore Sun).
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both ESPN and the Washington Post have reported that the Laveranues Coles Santana Moss trade has broken down. Apparently the Jets have spoke to Cole's agent and aren't willing to negotiate a new contract, something that Coles is insisting upon if he's traded.

I believe the Ravens have been in touch with the Redskins and I can't see this issue being a problem for us. Steve Bisciotti has told Ozzie Newsome to be aggressive, and money won't be a problem when it comes to finding a number 1 receiver. We should be the front runner now.
raven5255

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it look slike the Coles-Moss trade broke down and is "unlikely". We need to jump in their now with an offer for Coles, i think we need to trade for him because the Vikings are probly the other team thats after him and our biggest compeition and they are almost 35million under the cap so a bidding war likely wouldnt work to well with them, plus the Vikings have a much better passing attack then the Ravens. We can cross out the Raiders and Bears, and il assume mason signs with the Jags so that leaves, us and the Vikings for Coles and us, the vikings and Jets for Burress. Somone is gonna get left out of a top WR, hopefully it wont be us.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe gibbs said in the washington post that Coles will return as a redskin next year if they don't get good value for him, meaning they won't release him and we need to trade with him, so having players and draft picks useful for trades is important. Another hitch in getting Coles is the fact that the Skins are in cap trouble, so the only way that Coles gets traded is if Samuels restructures his contract. that is another reason the moss for coles trade broke down. as some of you may have seen in my other thread (titled OZZIE) i have not been happy with our offseason so far, Moose and Mason already off the market and Ozzie not aggressively pursuing them. getting coles would change my opinion for sure. what do you think would be a good trade offer?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
joe gibbs said in the washington post that Coles will return as a redskin next year if they don't get good value for him

Yea, and the Vikings also said more then twice that Moss wouldnt be traded. Coaches and FO people can say anything they want to the media, its hardly ever the full truth is there is any truth at all. I do not see Coles returning the Skins, look what happened last year with McCardell, he was unhappy and sat out untill the Bucs were forced to trade him.(they got lucky with michael clayton showing up big time though) . Im pretty sure Coles will be traded/released as for a Ravens trade offer, im really not sure at this point of what we can offer, Adalius Thomas was the pick for any Moss traded but the Skins dont need Thomas.
rav5220

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don'tthey need adalius thomas. Ha is huge and can play defensive end. Also with starting outside linebacker antonio peirce potentially leaving he could be wut they need.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierce was a MLB and thomas is more of a 3-4 DE i think. the skins play 4-3. as for coles, apparently ozzie hasn't even spoken to the redskins about coles yet, only about rod gardner. although we know that GM's and coaches lie, so you nver know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: