Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remember The Titans : Steelers vs Titans GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Remember The Titans : Steelers vs Titans GDT Reply with quote

Contestants :

Will be hosting....

Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

Kick-off is slated for a 1:05 PM EST start*

How They've Done So Far

Tennessee

Week 1 - Jacksonville - 16-14 L
Week 2 - Baltimore - 26-13 W
Week 3 - Denver - 17-14 W
Week 4 - Cleveland - 31-13 W

Pittsburgh

Week 1 -Baltimore - 35-7 L
Week 2 - Seahawks - 24-0 W
Week 3 - Indianapolis - 23-20 W
Week 4 - Houston - 17-10 L
Injury Report

Tennessee

Coming Soon...

Pittsburgh

(Credit to jebrick for this report!)

James Harrison - right orbital bone fracture - Out for number of weeks
Cortez Allen - right ankle sprain - Questionable
Hampton - shoulder contusion, limited early - Priobable
Mendenhall Hammy, limited early in week - Probable
Moore - ankle sprain more severe - Questionable to Doubtful
Aaron Smith - right mid foot sprain - Questionable to Doubtful
Jason Worilds = left quad - Doubtful
Ben - foot not broken, sprained limited early in week - Probable

Keisel, Legursky, Jon Scott, Mcfadden all expected back this week, McFadden not guaranteed starting job back.

Timmons moving to ROLB, Foote to ILB

Players to Watch

Tennessee

Coming Soon...

Pittsburgh

Coming Soon....

Last But Not Least....

Never Forget This...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im usually not like this when it comes to thinking about other teams,

But i have always had a little bit of hatred for the Titans after they stomped on the terrible towel. I loved it last year when we dominated them (even if the score didnt indicate it).
TitaniumAthens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 4th straight year that these former division foes have faced off with the last 2 games going to the Steelers. I think the Titans got you guys at a opportune time with how beat up you guys are. It should be a good opportunity for the Titans to get a road win in a difficult building. I think CJ will finally break out and have a big game with a few scores and the Titans defense should be able to get to Big Ben and cause a few TO's.

Note: Nice game thread
.AirMcNair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Steeler fans be mad about us stomping on the towels? If the Pittsburgh fans didn't throw the towels at the players, the Titans wouldn't have stepped on them. It's your own fans fault.

^Deadpulse On The Awesomeness^
Adopt A Titan:
Rob Bironas
Shaun Smith
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.AirMcNair. wrote:
How can Steeler fans be mad about us stomping on the towels? If the Pittsburgh fans didn't throw the towels at the players, the Titans wouldn't have stepped on them. It's your own fans fault.

so because they threw them means he had to stomp on it... makes perfect sense.

And we aren't mad... at least I'm not... we won the Super Bowl and the Titans were one and done... not mad at all.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
VYoung10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the towel thing was over?

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
I thought the towel thing was over?

No matter how many times over it gets mentioned, a stupid incident over a putrid dishrag is enough to throw two fanbases into a frenzy. Yeah, let's not go there.

Honestly though...I miss the trash talk because this is the least confident I've ever seen Steelers fans. There's been an oddly low amount of "we have 6 rings from several years ago, so clearly we're better than you this season" talk, which is shocking to say the least.

...okay, okay. For real this time. Laughing

I think despite what some pessimistic Steelers fans have said earlier, this will be a tough game because let's face it, the Steelers will always play us tough. Add that it's at Heinz and I would not be surprised to see us exit with a loss...though I'm hoping for the best of course!

We definitely need to work on bringing the QB down once we get to him. Ben's always been good at shaking off tacklers and will likely be even with a sprained foot. We got pretty good pressure on Colt McCoy last week and really should have gotten 6 or 7 sacks, but our defenders were slipping off him like he was wrapped in cellophane or something. That can't happen this week or Ben will make us pay.

Also, our secondary has been phenomenal at limiting the big play, but Mike Wallace will be our biggest test to date. We need to contain him.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope for a good game, crazy how many guys will be out for the Steelers, supposedly Issac Redman is going to start at RB? Yikes.

Ben is most likely going to be running for his life, like always, while we're not dominating is sacks, we are in pressures and QB hits, I believe.

I see the Titans winning 31-10, but that's why they play the games, and I'm still kind of worried about Tryo Polamalu.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Hope for a good game, crazy how many guys will be out for the Steelers, supposedly Issac Redman is going to start at RB? Yikes.

Ben is most likely going to be running for his life, like always, while we're not dominating is sacks, we are in pressures and QB hits, I believe.

I see the Titans winning 31-10, but that's why they play the games, and I'm still kind of worried about Tryo Polamalu.

No offense, but Titans fans always seem to predict this type of score against us.

Not saying you specifically, but alot of your fans predict to blow us out every game.

Could it happen? This year, sure, but its still unlikely

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
dimeadozen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Redman starting over Mendy? Yikes is right... you better watch out he doesn't go for a hundred on your defense. He's not the one dancing behind the line of scrimmage pretending like he was the one on dancing with the stars.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sensing the Steelers finally kicking into gear this game. Tomlin is doing 2 practices with pads this week, that will hopefully improve our tackling. Remember last year, without Big Ben? We went 3-1, and our team rallied together and played offense-defense-special teams as a team. Even if he plays, he is still pretty injured. Our defense will know that they will need to stop Chris Johnson. On offense, with Big Ben injured, I am looking for our team to grind it out with Redman, who rarely ever loses yards.

Bold Prediction: Our defense gets 3 turnovers.

Final Score Prediction: Steelers 24 Titans 13

Last edited by at23steelers on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both Foote and Farrior are going to be starting for us in the middle I am very worried.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

No offense, but Titans fans always seem to predict this type of score against us.

Not saying you specifically, but alot of your fans predict to blow us out every game.

I can't say for sure that I haven't in the past most because I don't remember whether I did or not Laughing It's slightly different this time, though, wouldn't you agree?

The Steelers wont be facing Vince Young or Kerry Collins, and they will be with an injured Big Ben, having to start a third string RB, missing their best pass rusher, their best run stopper, and starting two dinosaur's on the inside.

This not even mentioning the injuries to an already terrible offensive line.

To top it all off we manhandled a team that destroyed you guys when you were at full strength.

You have to see where the optimism is coming from.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

I can't say for sure that I haven't in the past most because I don't remember whether I did or not Laughing It's slightly different this time, though, wouldn't you agree?

The Steelers wont be facing Vince Young or Kerry Collins, and they will be with an injured Big Ben, having to start a third string RB, missing their best pass rusher, their best run stopper, and starting two dinosaur's on the inside.

This not even mentioning the injuries to an already terrible offensive line.

To top it all off we manhandled a team that destroyed you guys when you were at full strength.

You have to see where the optimism is coming from.

Right now, Redman is the best RB on our team. Who are you saying is our best run stopper? Keisel and Hampton are most likely playing in this game! Who cares who you dominated before? Each week is different. That logic won't take you very far!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27-21, victory to the Steelers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: