Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 - RAIDERS [2-2] AT TEXANS [3-1]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Week 5 - RAIDERS [2-2] AT TEXANS [3-1] Reply with quote

RAIDERS [2-2] AT TEXANS [3-1]

THE HOUSTON TEXANS:

Coming in 3-1. A look at their wins:

Beat Indy who is a mess without Manning. Beat Miami who is just a mess. Beat the Steelers who were rebounding off a narrow win to Indy a week earlier.

At a glance:

You can easily suggest they've played an easy schedule. 2 bottom tier teams and a Steelers team who is showing their age, can't block and just struggled against the same Colts team the Texans blasted.

The Saints however, took them to task putting 40 points up in the process.

Question to ask:

Are the Texans for real? Is the record more circumstance or evidence of a great team?

Why we like the Texans this week

Schaub is an efficient passer completing over 60% of his passes and a 101 rating. He has the benefit of a great running game with Tate and Foster. The latter the league's best rusher a year ago and coming off a great game last week. The Raiders are giving up 5.9 YPC and just gave up a ton to the Patriots

On defense, they are much improved playing in Phillips 3-4 scheme. They are ranked 4th in points allowed with 17.5 despite a 40 point performance by the Saints. Teams are struggling to convert on 3rd down and they are getting good pressure on the QB.

Why we like the Raiders this week

Raider offense has the skill to test the Texans defense boasting an elite RB and speed to get to the next level. The Oline has be good at keeping the QB clean and opening running lanes.

On defense, the Texans will be without their elite WR in Andre Johnson which will help the Raiders struggling secondary. They should return some starters back from injury.

Questions facing the Raiders

-Will they return important starters back on defense?
-Can they bounce back from a humbling loss to NE?
-Can they shore up the defense to stop a powerful offense?
-Can they stop the run?
-Will they be able to move the ball against an improved Texans defense?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With AJ out we must stack the box and force Schaub to beat us threw the air. If we allow Foster to run the ball we will lose as simple as that. I say put 8-9 in the box and play press man and force them to throw, cause without Andre their WR corps is really weak.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
With AJ out we must stack the box and force Schaub to beat us threw the air. If we allow Foster to run the ball we will lose as simple as that. I say put 8-9 in the box and play press man and force them to throw, cause without Andre their WR corps is really weak.

+1. This is a test for our LBs. This ZBS in Houston is as good as it gets. They have to stay home, fill gaps and not allow the cutback lanes to open up.

Shaub needs to be pressured when he throws.

I think Houston is overrated slightly. They are improved, but outside the Saints who beat them, they've played 2 poor teams and the Steelers who have lost their shine. They can't block or execute. Age caught up quick on them.

Huff, CJ and company need to get back quick. They are needed on defense. If they are healthy, I like the Raiders to do enough to win on the road.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when GDTs didn't start up till Thursday or Friday. Laughing

Stuffing the run has to be the first priority. Foster and Tate are as good a tandem as there is.

I do fear that our safeties, mainly Branch, are susceptible to the play action pass. Daniels could have a big game. Schaub runs the bootleg almost as well Brees but he can be rattled much like Sanchez.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I remember when GDTs didn't start up till Thursday or Friday. Laughing

Stuffing the run has to be the first priority. Foster and Tate are as good a tandem as there is.

I do fear that our safeties, mainly Branch, are susceptible to the play action pass. Daniels could have a big game. Schaub runs the bootleg almost as well Brees but he can be rattled much like Sanchez.

I like to move on after a loss. Plus, I'm confident this team can be beaten.

The Raiders did a great job containing Gronkowski a week ago. Hopefully that continues.

Bottom line is, we can't have Joe Porter and Girodano running around out there. Huff and CJ need to get back quick. Key to the success of the defense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Andre for sure out?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at the game representing the RAIDER NATION! Cool ,I think we can win it,Houston should have a letdown after a big win,and we will be hungry,We can definetly move the ball on their D,The key will be to stuffing the run with Andre Johnson being out.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like this match up at all. We have made much lesser RBs then Tate and Foster look good, and Schaub can kill you through the air.

We will have to run the ball effectively, control the time of possession and limit the Texans offensive opportunities. Andre being out will help the defense, but they have other weapons that can kill us.

Hopefully the coaching staff will rally the team around the loss to NE and we come out to play. We cant afford to let them jump out early and force us to pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making the GDT so early, BP. It's time to move on. No need to linger on the loss.

dmac505 wrote:
is Andre for sure out?

Gary Kubiak confirmed WR Andre Johnson will not face the Raiders this week and will miss "substantial time". They're also trying to get other expert opinions on the injury. Sounds pretty serious.

I like our chances this week. I feel pretty confident that this team actually learns from their mistakes. Still nervous about the defense, though. NO MORE PENALTIES.
nap26

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think we're gonna lose by atleast 10 points. The Raiders really havent had much success against the Texans. I dont see the Raiders defensive struggles going away anytime soon. I think its the worst defense in the NFL. How this team has absolutely sucked against the run for 10 years now, its mind boggling. I'm sure lots of people are gonna jump on me for saying this,but our linebackers are pure garbage. I see what I see every sunday, and Rolando is horrible. He looks like he has cement shoes on. I hope Im wrong, but I see him as a complete bust. And I could careless if he drops back and deflects 1 pass every other game. How bout attacking the line of scrimmage and blowing someone up? And blame the scheme all you want (which sucks)..but cmon,hit someone,instead of jogging behind all game long. This team will never get deep into the playoffs,if they give up 150yds rushing a game

*deadpulse on the sig*
raidersnation90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
I dont like this match up at all. We have made much lesser RBs then Tate and Foster look good, and Schaub can kill you through the air.

We will have to run the ball effectively, control the time of possession and limit the Texans offensive opportunities. Andre being out will help the defense, but they have other weapons that can kill us.

Hopefully the coaching staff will rally the team around the loss to NE and we come out to play. We cant afford to let them jump out early and force us to pass.

Obviously time of possesion is not that big of a factor. We beat the patriots in That by 11 min... What we need to do is beat them in time of possesion and have to score on every drive pretty much.

Adopt a Raider- Kevin boss- 48 catches, 850 yds, 7 tds
Catches-2...YDS-36...TD-
Cdubs14 on the sick Sig
nap26

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we lost to the Texans in Oakland last year...and Johnson didnt play in that game either

*deadpulse on the sig*
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nap26 wrote:
I personally think we're gonna lose by atleast 10 points. The Raiders really havent had much success against the Texans. I dont see the Raiders defensive struggles going away anytime soon. I think its the worst defense in the NFL. How this team has absolutely sucked against the run for 10 years now, its mind boggling. I'm sure lots of people are gonna jump on me for saying this,but our linebackers are pure garbage. I see what I see every sunday, and Rolando is horrible. He looks like he has cement shoes on. I hope Im wrong, but I see him as a complete bust. And I could careless if he drops back and deflects 1 pass every other game. How bout attacking the line of scrimmage and blowing someone up? And blame the scheme all you want (which sucks)..but cmon,hit someone,instead of jogging behind all game long. This team will never get deep into the playoffs,if they give up 150yds rushing a game

Tend to agree. McClain just isn't cutting it for me. He was brought to shore up the run defense with his leadership and clout from Alabama. It's been anything but.

If the Raiders insist on playing this scheme, they need a solid MLB to make it work.

Back in the Gruden era, Greg Beikert was nothing short of brilliant for the Raiders in this scheme. Why? He could react and ALWAYS made the tackle. I miss that. Since then, it's been a bunch of underwhelming prospects that can't tackle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
nap26 wrote:

Tend to agree. McClain just isn't cutting it for me. He was brought to shore up the run defense with his leadership and clout from Alabama. It's been anything but.

If the Raiders insist on playing this scheme, they need a solid MLB to make it work.

Back in the Gruden era, Greg Beikert was nothing short of brilliant for the Raiders in this scheme. Why? He could react and ALWAYS made the tackle. I miss that. Since then, it's been a bunch of underwhelming prospects that can't tackle.

We'd need a HOF calibre MLB. We already have a solid one.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
nap26 wrote:

We'd need a HOF calibre MLB. We already have a solid one.

Who is the solid one? McClain? If the bar for solid is running around out of position, whiffing tackles and not playing down hill, then yes I guess we have one.

At least Kirk could tackle ball carries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 1 of 85

Jump to: