You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top QB's numbers for passing distances. ((UPDATED))
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated to include PDE for 21+ yd passes.

Brees 09 season was crazy efficient for 21+.

But season by season, Matt is the most efficient throwing the ball 21+
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10115
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting work KOS. Make you rethink a few things, especially regarding Brees? I ask in light of a rather heated conversation we had earlier.

ok, I ask in light of "one of the many" rather heated conversations we've had earlier. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
interesting work KOS. Make you rethink a few things, especially regarding Brees? I ask in light of a rather heated conversation we had earlier.

ok, I ask in light of "one of the many" rather heated conversations we've had earlier. Laughing


Sorry you gotta refresh my memory on what the argument or conversation was that we had about Brees.

I tend to forget with all the heated conversations I have on here. Laughing
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10115
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingofSTATS wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
interesting work KOS. Make you rethink a few things, especially regarding Brees? I ask in light of a rather heated conversation we had earlier.

ok, I ask in light of "one of the many" rather heated conversations we've had earlier. Laughing


Sorry you gotta refresh my memory on what the argument or conversation was that we had about Brees.

I tend to forget with all the heated conversations I have on here. Laughing


NAW!!!! I don't believe it for a second!

we were discussing the last few seasons and I think it was "who was better over the last (3?) seasons" and I said Brees and Rodgers definitely deserve mention up there and I think we got into a specific discussion about Brees' 2009 season as well

to be quite honest, I don't remember the exact nature, but you were rather dismissive of how well Brees played that season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6930
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking requests...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
KingofSTATS wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
interesting work KOS. Make you rethink a few things, especially regarding Brees? I ask in light of a rather heated conversation we had earlier.

ok, I ask in light of "one of the many" rather heated conversations we've had earlier. Laughing


Sorry you gotta refresh my memory on what the argument or conversation was that we had about Brees.

I tend to forget with all the heated conversations I have on here. Laughing


NAW!!!! I don't believe it for a second!

we were discussing the last few seasons and I think it was "who was better over the last (3?) seasons" and I said Brees and Rodgers definitely deserve mention up there and I think we got into a specific discussion about Brees' 2009 season as well

to be quite honest, I don't remember the exact nature, but you were rather dismissive of how well Brees played that season


I honestly don't remember that argument. I know I have argued that the past 3 years Rivers has out played every QB and I firmly still believe that.

I think I do remember you saying something about Brees 09 season and doing maybe a break down of season vs season for Rivers/Rodgers and Brees.

Rather than what I was doing and taking their 3 seasons combining the numbers and seeing who has had the best 3 year stretch. Because consistency to me is significant over having a overwhelming season.


Anyways some things that surprise me about this is how bad Peyton has been at going vertical.

I thought Rodgers would be much better.

Surprised at how much Schuab doesn't go deep. More than Brady, which I was convinced went deep less than anyone, but apparently not.

Not Surprised Ben and Rivers go deep more than anyone.

Surprised at how dominantly efficient Brees is at going deep, especially 21+.


Ranks for QB's who go 11+ yds the most.

1. Rivers
2. Ben
3. Eli
4. Romo
5. Peyton
6. Rodgers
7. Brees
8. Brady
9. Schaub


Ranks for QB's who go 21+ yds the most

1. Rodgers
2. Rivers
3. Peyton
3. Eli
4. Ben
5. Brees
6. Romo
7. Brady
8. Schaub


Ranks for QB's who throw for 10 yds and shorter the least.

1. Rivers
2. Ben
3. Eli
4. Peyton
5. Romo
6. Rodgers
7. Brees
8. Brady
9. Schaub


Ranks for QB's with the best PDE for 11+ yds AVG for 3 years

#1. Brady
#2. Rivers
#3. Brees
#4. Romo
#5. Schaub
#6. Ben
#7. Rodgers
#8. Eli
#9. Peyton



Ranks for QB's with the best PDE for 21+ yds AVG for 3 years.

1. Brees
2. Romo
3. Schaub
4. Rivers
5. Ben
6. Brady
7. Rodgers
8. Eli
9. Peyton


Ranks for QB's with the best PDE for 21+ and 11+ combined avg for 3 seasons.


1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Rivers
4. Romo
5. Schaub
6. Ben
7. Rodgers
8. Eli
9. Peyton



OVERALL

Rivers = 13

Ben = 21

Brees = 25

Romo = 26

Brady = 33

Eli = 33

Rodgers = 34

Peyton = 39

Schaub = 39
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

Leave it to the biggest Chargers homer in the planet to conveniently leave out how the Chargers entire offensive system is predicated on airing it out deep to their massive WR targets downfield.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
LOL.

Leave it to the biggest Chargers homer in the planet to conveniently leave out how the Chargers entire offensive system is predicated on airing it out deep to their massive WR targets downfield.


SO you mean Rivers plays in the toughest offense and is still very efficient?

Cool story.
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphins82


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 13686
Location: The 2015 Parade
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivers may be a changed man, he said we've had the number 1 offense and defense for years. it's not working. we just need find ways to win.


but prolly not
_________________

[]_[] Family
Not 1, not 2, not 3...........it's not a joke, it's a threat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious what was Rodgers PDE score for this year for 21 plus yd passes. Passes that actually travel 21 plus yds.

The previous highest PDE of the years and QB's charted was Brees at I believe like 3673.77.

Rodgers for this year so far. 14,951.99 Four times higher than the previously highest PDE. I had to double check it just to make sure the numbers were right. They are! If anyone cares.


The one negative is it is the 5th lowest percentage of passes that travel 21 yds or further. Only Brady's 2010, Romo's 09 and Schaub's 2010 and 2009 had low percentage of passes that went that far. Rodgers is at 8.60%

Still 14,951.99 is system breaking.
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 10115
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so translate that por favor?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9297
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
so translate that por favor?


While Rodgers hasn't thrown as deep as others have in previous years, in fact the 5th least of 27 seasons tracked, he has been by far the most efficient at stretching the field. BY ALOT!
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 14691
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingofSTATS wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
so translate that por favor?


While Rodgers hasn't thrown as deep as others have in previous years, in fact the 5th least of 27 seasons tracked, he has been by far the most efficient at stretching the field. BY ALOT!


He has been crazy effective. 11 QB's have thrown long ball(20 or more yards down the field) more than Rodgers. 8/11 of those also have more attempts than Rodgers.

Brady has not been good pushing the ball down the field this year...He has around the same attempts as Rodgers but hasn't completed them. Matt Ryan surprisingly has a few more attempts down the field but again.......has completed far less than half of Rodgers' completions down the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Distefano


Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Posts: 102
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense. Rodgers is only 3rd in yards this year but has almost 100 less attempts than Brees. The theme of the Packers' offense this year has been to get the ball and score with it. They convert their opportunities and so they end up with less total opportunities.

Specifically with the 21+ yard passes, Rodgers probably doesn't have very many attempts because he completes so many of them. A long completion will often result in your team being in a position where you can no longer attempt a long completion (as in, a long completion will result in a TD or getting in the red zone)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so misleading


Is morning, I saw that right now, Tebow had the best percentage in the deep pass
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group