Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Homeland (Showtime) ~ *Spoilers Inside*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished season 1. I'm def excited for season 2 now. Wondering how Brody is gonna go with the running for congress thing now he has a direct line to Abu Nazir. When this show comes to an end the climax is going to be huge.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to read any of the comments in this thread because I don't want any to ruin it for me!! I am curently on Episode 5. My wife and I started watching it two nights ago and we love it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Holy cow, this show is intense. Wife and I made it through the first four episodes over the last two days. Gonna buzzsaw through the rest of the season in time for S2 now.

Wow, this show is great.

I hear this a lot, I was pleasantly surprised by the show as well, looking forward to the second season.

TAKING THE NFC NORTH BY FORCE - 2014
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we finished watching season 1 last night and man is it addicting! We are pumped for season two! I knew something was going to go wrong with his bomb, either malfunction or him wussy out. It wouldn't be a series without Sgt Brodie!!

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so wife and I have the season finale tonight and we're caught up...but curiosity got the best of me, and I've been reading a few of the most recent posts. Kind of figured the overarching results, but I'm glad some of you didn't go into GREAT detail on how things played out. This should still be a thrilling finish, even if I know how things work out.

Now, the obligatory ***SPOILERS*** line...and...

Quote:
- This show has quicky jumped into the 2nd spot on my current faves list. Breaking Bad is #1, and The Walking Dead was firmly planted in the 2 spot, but Homeland has taken over with a great vengence, and furious anger.

- Claire Daines is nothing short of AMAZING. I never really thought of her as some great actress, but you can see her pull off the dual natures of Carrie in such a fantastic way. One minute she is a calculative CIA Agent, a hardened field op who is amazingly resourceful. The next minute, she is a lonely woman who really wants to find the love...and feels pain when she doesn't have it. The next minute, she is panic-induced mess, a paranoid woman who is making her tinfoil hat as she is scribbling in green pen. All of those sides of Carrie were thrown in your face at various points in the season, and each time - Daines nailed it in spades. The final scene in the 2nd to last episode was nothing short of brilliant; You saw the pain of a woman obsessed with her job, a woman who was falling due to her ailment, and a woman who knew she was an inch away from the truth, a truth that she was being forcibly held away from by her superiors. The expression on her face as they started to clean off her timeline? Priceless, perhaps some of the greatest acting without the use of a single word. It captured who Carrie is - ALL of who she is - in a single glance.

(She has a nice set of legs in that skirt she wears, too).

- Why is it that the greatest characters are named Saul? You have Saul Goodman on BB, and now you have Saul Berenson on Homeland. He's also an amazing resource the show has, and is a bit of a flash forward to what Carrie will be one day as long as she is working for the CIA; Intellegent beyond what others can see, resourceful, cunning - but at the end of the day, you see a person who is struck down by love, someone who just wants to spend his days with Meera...but knows that the call of the job is too much for him, and will always be held back from what he wants, because of what he is asked to do.

- Nicholas Brody is one conflicted man. You can see he loves the life he has back at home, despite the shortcomings that were imposed upon him upon return. However, he is driven by something more, and that is crushing him on the inside, a real struggle as to what he should do, and what he is prepared to do. He IS a Marine, and that hasn't changed a bit...it's now about who he is a Marine for, you know? His percieved faith and goal is to be the best he can be for his country - his actual faith and goal is to bring justice to those who caused an internal loss that can never be recovered. Who knows how far he is willing to go, and who knows if he will have another flashpoint - one that gets the percieved faith and goal back in his mind.

- More Tom Walker, please. I know I don't know the whole story, as I have the SF to catch...but I need to see more of this guy. I am not going to say that his introduction feels rushed, because there is more to the show than I am seeing at current. But, when it DID happened and he was introduced, I kind of arched my eyebrows a bit. They showed images of him being beaten to death (near death, at least) and they even showed Nick digging his grave as the insurgants dragged him to his final resting place. How did THAT all play out? How did they get him to the point to where not only is he alive and able bodied, but he is actively coming at the US, sacrificing his relationship with his family in the process? We've seen the development of Brody in his time in country, the driving reasons for his potential turn, his conflicts as he goes about his mission. Where is the breaking point for Walker? Was it his best friend and sniper spotter, beating him into oblivion? Was it the belief that his country and family had turned their back on him? Maybe the SF will tell me, but I would love to see the development of his character, and how he fits into the overlying plan of Abu Nazir.

- Jessica Brody is SMOKING HOT. When I first saw her, I thought she was Bridgette Monayhan, who I think is very attractive (moreso attractive than Giselle, if you were to ask me). Her conflict - finally moving on after so many years of believing her husband was alive, only to find out when she moved on, he WAS alive - is gut wrenching. I don't blame her for losing hope, but somewhere in there, I kind of do...I don't know. Conflicted on this, I am.

- Isha looks like an older version of my son. My son is about a year old (One year in October) and Isha has the same type of facial features. My son will look a lot like him, only with a lighter complexion and wavy brown hair. So, it's safe to say that tears were welling up in my eyes during the drone strike, and Brody's frantic search for the child he loved. My wife, on the other hand...she was BAWLING at that scene, just a mess.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully caught up:

Quote:
- Ok, I'm still doing things in spoiler format, because there are a few members of the site I have been talking to about this show. They're watching as we speak, so best I do so as so, until they're caught up.

- Anywho: REALLY didn't like how they killed off Walker already. He could of been a very strong 2nd character, one that could of been the yang to Brody's yin. One is a welcomed war hero, in position to take on great roles within the US Government. The other is an outcast terrorist, living off of the grid and wanted by every major agency in the free world. BOTH share the same goal, and both have unique paths to get to their goal. I know Abu Nazir had to kill him off, I get that...but there is literally NO buildup to who Walker was. I mean, we have a huge understanding of how Brody got to the point to where he is ready to kill for his beliefs, and how he views the powers that be as the enemy...but how did Walker share that same view? HOW did Nazir turn him? All we know about him is that he's a turncoat, who still loved his wife and child.

- Dana just KILLED it in the SF. When she was on the phone with Brody - pleading, begging her father to promise that he would come home - I lost it, was crying. No clue as to why, really...just her voice, the sheer terror as to what has transpired, what she had heard from Carrie, what she had seen with her own two eyes. She knew Carrie was right, given her father's behavior and the revelation of his conversion. She didn't want to believe it, and I think that is what she was conveying. Not "Promise me you will come home, dad" but "Tell me this isn't the truth, PROVE to me this isn't the truth..." and this was what Brody needed to hear to get cold feet.

- Saul is getting in front of some power players, and someone is gonna come after him soon. Either him or Meera. Someone from the US, at that. He's always walked on thin ice, and now he is finding out some really damaging information on a man who is slated to be the POTUS, as well as the future Director of the CIA. As we progress, I feel as if these two guys will feel as if Saul is too big of a threat to them, and look for him to vanish.

- On that...I REALLY wanted to like David Estes, but he makes it really hard to like him. At first, I saw hard nosed Deputy Director, someone who had his share of battles, knows who he trusts, knows who he doesn't trust, and is smart enough to make the decisions to keep everything safe. The SF showed me the truth - he's gutless, spineless, and only interested in getting his portrait up in Langley. I HOPE he finds his demise, or finds himself in cuffs by the end of this show, but safe to presume that he will end up on top more often than not as the show continues.

- The lady who got shot? I didn't like her to begin with. I'm not "glad" to see her get shot, but...I mean, it's a TV show, so I don't feel bad that I don't feel bad that she got shot. TV shows like this has to have Redshirts, you know?

- Carrie, Carrie, Carrie. We hardly knew ye, and now you hardly knew ye. Electroshock therapy like that? No way she is able to remember what briefly flashed to her while sedated, and after she had her brain friend by electromagnetic pulses. Even though she was under anesthesia, that looked unbearably painful. The expression on her face, like a nuclear bomb just went off in her head. Well, maybe not a nuclear bomb, but the EMP flash that follows. Like a few of you said, I see Saul knowing that her instincts - not her mind - never leave, and he will recruit her to go off the grid and solve this before it gets completely out of hand.

- I hope to goodness this show has an "end game" already in mind. I don't wanna see this show get dragged on too long, like The Sopranos or Entorage. This show has to come to an end, and they have to have an idea on how they get there. If this show extends past 5 seasons, I will go stale and I'll probably lose sight on how interesting it was to begin with.
[/url]

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said earlier in the thread I have heard discussion about 4 seasons but not sure beyond that, I just rewatched everything in setting things up for S2 start on Sunday!!!!

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hours away... any predictions for this season?

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:

More greatness.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:

More greatness.

First episode delivered.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeland is the best show on tv by far. EASILY

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Eksynyt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a good first episode. The writing is so tight. Episode seemed to go by in like 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Homeland is the best show on tv by far. EASILY

QFT. I've thought that Boardwalk Empire was the best for a while, but Homeland beats it.

Good season premiere. It opened up some new story lines, and still didn't abruptly close any of the other mysteries. Good writing fo sho.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eksynyt wrote:
Such a good first episode. The writing is so tight. Episode seemed to go by in like 10 minutes.

It took me a while to see it, but that's because I was paying such close attention. I didn't want to miss any facts whatsoever.

Good episode fo sho.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super start

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 6 of 42

Jump to: