Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Patriots(2-1) vs The Raiders(2-1) Week 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: GDT: Patriots(2-1) vs The Raiders(2-1) Week 4 Reply with quote

Big Big game this week for our team. This game could be the turning point for a franchise that hasnt been able to turn the corner in about a decade. We need this game more than ever and is pivital in us being able to make the playoffs. Now is the time to show we are for real. We are coming off a great win vs the Jets but good teams win those games on a regular basis and we need to show we are moving in that direction.

Patriots are coming off a tough loss at Buffalo which was very similar to our game against them last week. Brady is going to be pissed and ready to go off on us. We need to limit Gronkowski and Welker if we are going to have any chance of beating this team. McClain will have to step up if we are going to contain either one of them. I see this being a close game much like it was against the Jets. The score will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-28 i just dont know who to pick yet.

Let the discussion begin
Some stats on both teams.
Offense
Pats 34.7ppg(2nd) Raiders 30.7(6th)ppg
Pats 540.3 yds pg(1st) Raiders 375.3 yds pg(15th)
Pats 437.7 pass yds pg(1st) Raiders 190.3 pass yds pg(26th)
Pats 102.7 rush yds pg(13th) Raiders 185 rush yds pg(1st)

Defense
Pats 6 sacks Raiders 10 sacks
Pats 377 pass yds given up pg Raiders 289 pass yds given up pg
Pats 91 rush yds given up pg Raiders 120 rush yds given up pg
Pats 468 yds given up pg Raiders 410 yds given up pg
Pats 26 ppg given up Raiders 27 ppg given up

Tom Brady's sexiness adds at least 7 points to their score that we will have to make up for.

Sigged by Jamison

Last edited by daineraider on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a very tough test for the raiders. Check your post again the images didn't come up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some image hosting problems Laughing

I don't think this game is a "pivotal" as you say. However if we win it really says this team is playoff ready. If we lose it doesn't say we're not playoff ready, just means we have work to do. Pats are one of the best teams in the league right now.

I consider myself an optimist, but I expect us to lose by about 8 points or more. I think Brady is just too much for our secondary and no matter how much traction our offense gets, Brady will be able to get more. Only way I see us winning this is if we dominate the turnover game, like Buffalo did.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
raiders4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

I don't think this game is a "pivotal" as you say. However if we win it really says this team is playoff ready. If we lose it doesn't say we're not playoff ready, just means we have work to do. Pats are one of the best teams in the league right now.

I consider myself an optimist, but I expect us to lose by about 8 points or more. I think Brady is just too much for our secondary and no matter how much traction our offense gets, Brady will be able to get more. Only way I see us winning this is if we dominate the turnover game, like Buffalo did.

How can you say it isn't pivotal, yet if they win then they are playoff ready? Isn't that pretty much the definition of pivotal?

Sorry for nitpicking, but I do agree with your post. I'm not expecting the Raiders to win, but if they do I'll obviously be stoked. If they win get ready for the ESPN bandwagon to be in full motion.

For the Raiders to win, they will have to really control the game entirely. Long drives, no turnovers, then forcing Brady to have a performance like he did against the Bills. This is way easier said than done.
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders4life wrote:
NickButera wrote:

How can you say it isn't pivotal, yet if they win then they are playoff ready? Isn't that pretty much the definition of pivotal?

Sorry for nitpicking, but I do agree with your post. I'm not expecting the Raiders to win, but if they do I'll obviously be stoked. If they win get ready for the ESPN bandwagon to be in full motion.

For the Raiders to win, they will have to really control the game entirely. Long drives, no turnovers, then forcing Brady to have a performance like he did against the Bills. This is way easier said than done.

i dont think they need to win to be a playoff team.. i think as long as they are competitive in a loss and dont go flat then we will be fine. its been a long time since weve gone a season without being blown out. that is the first thing that needs to go if you wanna be a playoff team IMHO

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
latinraiderfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very importan game, n.e is maybe one of the best teams for me in the nfl, and if we are able to win , its seems to me that we are ready for good thigns
mo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win it will because we had the last posession and scored. Campbell will need to have his best day as a raider by passing for over 300 yards and we will need dmac to go off. The patriots will have no problem putting up 35 points so we would need a flawless game on offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the game is that important really. Hope we don't rush guys back from injury or play guys who aren't 100%(McFadden).
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Daine whats up with those patriot cheerleader pics, damn near lost my dinner on the keyboard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
I don't think the game is that important really. Hope we don't rush guys back from injury or play guys who aren't 100%(McFadden).

on a second thought i think youre right , this game is not that important for our record, but for me it will be amazin gi f we win because like i said , even i know that many people here hate the patriots, i respect them for been on the top so long,

lets go raidersss
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
OMG Daine whats up with those patriot cheerleader pics, damn near lost my dinner on the keyboard.

Sorry they were the cutest Pat fans i could find(lol).

To the others. I really dont know how you can say this game isnt that important. It is a chance to win back to back games against one of if not the best team in the NFL and at least one of the most potent offenses the league has seen in the last few years. Not only that but its a chance to get our stadium sold out more often than not this year and get a good vibe going early in the season. We havent looked this good on offense in 10 years and though i dont see us as a super bowl team by any means we really need this game or the Texans game to make the playoffs IMO.

Sigged by Jamison
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
raiders4life wrote:
NickButera wrote:

------because if we lose, it doesn't mean we're not a playoff team

i dont think they need to win to be a playoff team.. i think as long as they are competitive in a loss and dont go flat then we will be fine. its been a long time since weve gone a season without being blown out. that is the first thing that needs to go if you wanna be a playoff team IMHO

This is why I don't think it's pivotal. We've already beaten one of the leagues better playoff teams. We don't need to beat the Pat's to prove it. If we lose, it just means we've got more work to do. The definition of pivotal is the moment your team begins to turn it around. That's already happened IMO. Last week was our pivotal game. Now we just need to maintain a level of great play.

Beating a team like the Pats or Jets says a lot. Losing to one out of 2 doesn't necessarily mean that much. Like I said, if we win, I think it shows that there is a great, almost spot on chance we are going to be a playoff team. If we lose it doesn't really mean we won't be. What would be pivotal is if this game is more divisive. But it's not.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should come with a disclaimer. Some horrid pictures in the original post. Shocked
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
raiders4life wrote:
NickButera wrote:

------because if we lose, it doesn't mean we're not a playoff team

This is why I don't think it's pivotal. We've already beaten one of the leagues better playoff teams. We don't need to beat the Pat's to prove it. If we lose, it just means we've got more work to do. The definition of pivotal is the moment your team begins to turn it around. That's already happened IMO. Last week was our pivotal game. Now we just need to maintain a level of great play.

Beating a team like the Pats or Jets says a lot. Losing to one out of 2 doesn't necessarily mean that much. Like I said, if we win, I think it shows that there is a great, almost spot on chance we are going to be a playoff team. If we lose it doesn't really mean we won't be. What would be pivotal is if this game is more divisive. But it's not.

i agree we have started to turn the corner, but i think you have to prove it with more than one game. Had we beat Buffalo my opinion would be different, but we lost a game we should have been able to close out on the road. If we cant beat 2 great teams in a row at home and we cant close out close games on the road how are we ever going to get further than just a low seed in the playoffs. We need to show we can win these teams often and not just every once in awhile. Just look at last year. We showed we can dominate our division opponents but couldnt beat anyone outside of it. I guess i just expect more if we want to be considered a contender and not a bottom feeder like we have been for the last several years. We obviously have shown we can play with good teams now we need to show we can beat them somewhat consistently.

Sigged by Jamison
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results against the Pats won't make or break our season, losing someone like McFadden will. Broncos, chiefsx2, Chargersx2 are far more important. I'd also consider @Vikings, @Phins more important. We know this team can beat solid teams at home and play well. Can this team go on the road outside the division and win though? Pats, @Texans and @Packers don't worry me. The players shouldn't suffer any negative feelings if we lose to those teams, however if we lose to the chiefs/broncos/browns/vikings then the playrs will be hurting far more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: