Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 4 Steelers @ Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the better WR for the Game?
Mike Wallace
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
Andre Johnson
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 38

stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: GDT: Week 4 Steelers @ Texans Reply with quote

(2-1)

@

(2-1)

When: 1 p.m.

Channel: CBS

Where:

Last Week

Texans:-Lost a high scoring contest with the Saints

Steelers-Won a tight game over a Peyton-less Colts.

For more analysis to how things are going on in the land of mess, or mess with us, or something about mess, I asked the illustrious ET80 a few questions:

EliteTexan80 wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
So, how is life? I hear you're going to be a dad soon?

Why, yes...yes I am. Little mini-ET is fast on his way...three weeks away, give or take a few days. I'm geeked. Very Happy

Quote:
One of the Steelers forum members had his son join recently (and become the forum sig maker Cool), what will you tell your kid when the time comes to join FF?

I'm going to gently remind him that any infractions on the site will lead to him not getting food for a week. If he's anything like me, he will like food...so hopefully that should shake him up into following the rules.

I can see the day he joines as a rite of passage: One day, ET will sit mini-ET down and ask him if he wonders what daddy does on the computer for 8-10 hours a day. At that point, I will tell him about the wonderful land where Jermichael Finley is the greatest man known to man, a magical world where LT might be overrated because he might get injured, a beautiful place where we punt raccoons and take long and much-needed trips on the beermobile to pass time...I'll also tell him to bookmark JDs ladies thread in TAST; Mommy already doesn't like that one particular thread, so daddy is verboten to view it as of late. However...daddy can possibly gank mini-ETs laptop, check out the hotties and have mini-ET take the blame. Mini-ET can do no wrong in mommy's eyes...so, might as well take advantage of it.

Quote:
OK on to football.

Good. Lil' brat ain't even born yet and he's eating into my football time. Evil or Very Mad

(In case you ever read this, Micah...daddy is joking. You're the apple of my eye, and daddy loves you very much...except when you're pooping or throwing up on my AJ jersey).

Quote:
I bet your happy Peyton Manning isn't around to make problems for the Texans?

I'm in the minority on this one, to be honest; Even though he's a division rival, I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning and I feel as if he's the best QB I've ever seen with my own two eyes. He makes all of the throws, commands the team like nobody else and is just a maestro when on the field. Such a treat to watch him, even when he's putting up 400+ on the Texans.

On top of that...I don't want people having to put an asterik on any accomplishments made by the Texans. If the Texans win the division and make the playoffs this year, most people will go "Oh, it's the year that Manning wasn't there," instead of giving it the proper credit where it goes. While Manning is a great QB, we've all known that he's a limited commodity that the Colts would be able to depend on. I mean, he has a limited shelf life...he wasn't going to play FOREVER. This happened sooner rather than later, and the Colts never prepared for life after Manning.

A win is a win, and beating the Colts with Kerry Collins still means a "1" in the win column. See it for what it is, as opposed to reaching for excuses. Manning doesn't play defense, Manning doesn't provide coverage on punts...and it was the offensive explosion as well as a great PR by Jacoby Jones that provided the margin of victory for the Texans. It would of been closer with Manning in the game, but I personally don't think it would of completely changed the outcome of that game.

Quote:
How is the Mario to 3-4 OLB experiment going?

It's a mixed bag of sorts. I think he has three sacks so far; Two against the Colts and one against the 'fins. Honestly, the guy who is benefitting the most from this change is DE Antonio Smith. The Ts on teams are so geared up to stop Mario that Smith is either getting a free lane to the QB, or he's matched up against a G, and Smith will win that battle each time. He's had a sack in each game, including two yesterday (I THINK it was two. ET had a lot of tequilla and Dos Equis during the game yesterday, so things are a wee bit fuzzy).

Quote:
How is the Texans defense in general? Last year it was the team's biggest weakness. Any improvement?

Oh yes, for sure. Going into yesterday's game, the Texans had the #1 D in the NFL...and while some might discount this because of the level of competetion, the Dolphins have been looking pretty good when they are facing a defense not named the Texans. Yesterday, Chad Henne had another brilliant outing, which further displays he's not that BAD of a QB. Not elite by any stretch of the word, but someone who can throw the rock when given a chance. The Texans also forced Drew Brees into throwing his two first INTs this season; Both were some great plays by our two newest aqusitions, Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning. (You're welcome for the Joseph signing. That just weakened an already weak team in your division).

The key thing with this defense...there is an attitude adjustment from top to bottom. It just...I dunno how to explain...it FEELS different. These guys come out with a chip on their shoulder now, they come to play and they are looking to lay the wood this year. They have confidence now. Save for Brees (who was playing in one of the best homefield advantages in the Superdome) this defense goes out and says "We are better than you, you can try anything against us and we're going to stop you..."

This change has really brought out the best in Brian Cushing and the aforementioned Smith. I've went over what I've seen in Smith, but from watching Cushing...it seems as if he's reverted back to his rookie form, just working his way into the backfield, sniffing out plays left and right and attacking the offense when he makes a good read. Either the change was good for him, or he's back on the juice (which I wouldn't put past him, to be brutally honest).

The only real weakness are the depth in the CB department; If a team goes five wide, we're spread out thin and a QB will have a quick read-and-throw that can't be defended as well as we'd like...and it also means that Kareem Jackson has no real competetion at this stage. My goodness, that guy is bad. Rarely can you look at someone and say he's a bust this early in his career, but...wow, is he a bust.

Quote:
Is the offense as good as it was last year?

Yes and no; Yes in the fact that we can get yardage as if we were at some sale in the lawn department at the Home Depot, no in the sense that our RZ offense isn't nearly as potent as it was last year. That issue, my friends...can be narrowed down to one name: Arian Foster.

You see, Ben Tate is a fantastic RB. Really good runner, runs with a good pad level, shakes off tackles, has good acceleration. Everything you'd really want in a workhorse, just a fantastic option. Just like Foster. Two big differences in the two, however: Tate isn't nearly as good as Foster in the passing game (in Foster's season last year, few remember that he had 66 receptions, #1 amongst all RBs) and Tate does not have that "sixth sense" in regards to finding that cutback lane before it develops and hitting that lane when it presents itself.

It was on display yesterday, as the Texans went 1/5 in the RZ against the Saints: We would go with the run game, Tate would head to the hole and the entire Saints D would flow to the hole. It was in these instances where Foster would see the backside lane develop and break towards it a split second before it completely opened up. As Foster made his cut, the defense would overpursue and the lane would start to open up, giving Foster that clean area to start to sprint to the end zone. Tate would see the lane, but he would either continue his run to a sealed lane, cut to it TOO quickly which would allow the defense to seal it up, or cut to it too late...and by the time he got there, the lane was clogged again.

It's a trait that is overlooked, but it is such an important aspect of the ZBS run game. Tate - for all of the things he does well - just doesn't do this as well as Foster, who might be the best in the NFL at doing this. Chris Johnson has the blatant speed and acceleration, Adrian Peterson has the bruising power and great breakaway speed, Foster has the vision to see things develop before they present themselves and time his break to the backside to where nobody can get him.

That's how I see it at least. In the passing game...Matt Schaub can still all make the throws, AJ can make all the catches, Owen Daniels is getting his knee back after an ACL injury two seasons ago...and FB/TE James Casey is quickly becoming an X-Factor on offense, someone who can exploit some big plays when he releases out into a route.

Quote:
How are your rookies doing?

I'm gonna ask JJ Watt to Prom. I'mma build him a cake. Very Happy

JJ Watt has been one of the most impressive rookies I have seen...ever. The guy is already a force to be reckoned with along the Texans DL, and he is going to impose his will on anyone who gets in front of him. The guy plays at 200 MPH, never taking a down off...and he's just got so much power, plays rough and tough, just latches onto a blocker and drives him backwards towards the play, disengaging right when he can to put up a hand to swat down a pass or make a tackle.

I've seen him chase down screen passes towards the opposite side of the field, I've seen him string run plays wide and keep step for step with RBs such as Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, I've seen him manhandle guys such as Jake Long and Carl Nicks...the dude is the real deal. It's funny, because I was SO upset when the Texans picked him over CB Prince Amukamara. Like...I was nearly in tears. But, he's earned my fandom for a while. Allow me to do my best bannanas impression: JJ Watt WILL be a Hall of Famer...

...playboy. Very Happy

Outside of him...well, Brooks Reed looks and plays a lot like GB OLB Clay Matthews; He's only been in a few times this season, but he just goes buckwild after the QB. Just attacks when the ball is snapped. I think he's still a bit raw, but a few more weeks/months and I think he will be a top-tier OLB. Brandon Harris hasn't played much, but he needs to eat his Wheaties and study his playbook, because it's only a matter of time before he gets some snaps instead of Kareem Jackson (I hope).

Quote:
You snagged Jonathan Joseph. A guy many Steelers fans wanted. Is he paying off?

Yikes, didn't know you wanted him. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Yeah, Joseph has been a leader in regards to the change with the Texans D. He plays with a lot of aggression and makes proper reads through the play, putting himself into a position to make a big play. He had a pick in the Saints game as well as the Miami game, so he's giving the Texans D something it's never had before, and that's a presence that can create turnovers. The only issue is that he's got nagging injuries that force him out for moments in the game. He never misses a game...but you can see that the injuries hamper him. It's early on, but I'm worried that Joseph will suffer a big injury, right as the Texans make their final push.

Quote:
Any notable injuries yet?

Joseph is a gamer, but as stated...he gets nicked up more often than not. The biggest injury to speak of is that of Arian Foster. Most people lament this injury because it's sinking MANY fantasy football teams...but I didn't draft in the top 3, so my angst is just due to the lack of a RZ presence that Foster brings. As stated earlier, Ben Tate is getting the yards that Foster would get, but there is a clear lack in the RZ department with Foster sitting out with the "anti-awesome" in his hammy.

Quote:
Thanks for your time!

Anytime; Let's hope for a good game with no injuries and a lot of good moments for all of us to enjoy!

Last but not least, random hotties:

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Last edited by stillersenat on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
SacTownSteeler7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly I'm in the minority picking Wallace to be the best receiver!
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SacTownSteeler7 wrote:

It all depends on who is covering Andre. If Ike covers him there is a chance that Wallace outproduces him, but anyone else and it's just the matter of Andre having a big game.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
SacTownSteeler7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
SacTownSteeler7 wrote:

It all depends on who is covering Andre. If Ike covers him there is a chance that Wallace outproduces him, but anyone else and it's just the matter of Andre having a big game.

Well if Gay is covering Andre we might as well not even make the trip Laughing
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread SUPER MOD!

Love the sig! Where did u get it? Wink

ET, congratulations on your upcoming addition! May he bleed BLACK N GOLD! Wink Seriously Congrats and good luck.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
xjayex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game scares me alittle.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:

scares me a lot!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
mosteelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
xjayex wrote:

scares me a lot!

This is a great game to see if the Steelers can "step up". This early in the season, this team, can exploit a lot of our weaknesses. If we can overcome those we have a chance as the season goes on.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in the game Steelers fans. Hope nobody on either team gets hurt. And as for you question in your thread, I think Wallace will have the bigger game IMO. If Arian Foster comes back this week, we might be relying on the run game more than the first 3 weeks, and if we are in the redzone, Foster is our biggest threat in that area.
I respect your team, and hope to see you guys again, maybe in the postseason. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beyond scared for this game.

I'm also hoping that last week was just a case of us playing down to our competition. Here's to hoping we step it up with the protection this week.

As for the Mike v. Andre debate, I don't think there is any. Andre Johnson has it all, and is a threat to cash in big EVERY game. That's not to say that Mike Wallace can't, but Andre's more of mismatch vs. any CB in the league.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreasyApples wrote:

I'm also hoping that last week was just a case of us playing down to our competition. Here's to hoping we step it up with the protection this week.

As for the Mike v. Andre debate, I don't think there is any. Andre Johnson has it all, and is a threat to cash in big EVERY game. That's not to say that Mike Wallace can't, but Andre's more of mismatch vs. any CB in the league.

Is Kareem Jackson there #1 CB? I would take Wallace against Jackson over AJ against Ike.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
GreasyApples wrote:

Is Kareem Jackson there #1 CB? I would take Wallace against Jackson over AJ against Ike.

Johnathan Joseph

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
GreasyApples wrote:

Johnathan Joseph

I forgot about him!!! Laughing Ok, I should have voted for AJ then, because he has the bigger advantage!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV coverage:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk4.html

Most of the country will get to see the game.

CaptainParker wrote:

stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
GreasyApples wrote:

Johnathan Joseph

I forgot about him!!! Laughing Ok, I should have voted for AJ then, because he has the bigger advantage!

AJ may be one of the best, but guess who is playing some of the best football at the CB spot so far this season?

CaptainParker wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: