Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qwikslant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: 1st Round Pick Reply with quote

If we are able to sign a free agent corner, our first round pick should be Marcus Spears. We need a great pass rusher who can also stop the run and this guy looks like the strongest all-around DE in the draft. However, the way things are shaping up, we will be lucky if he falls to our pick at #15.

Jared Allen will continue to develop as a pass rusher, but he hasn't shown much when it comes to stopping the run, although it appears that he hasn't been asked to do much to this point except get after the QB.

In today's game, the best way to defend the pass is to get to the quarterback.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. We need to improve the LBs and CBs more than the the line. I would almost welcome a DT over a DE. Eric Hicks once had 14 sacks in 14 games and could put up those numbers again if the Chiefs had a DT who commanded a consistent double team.

Jared Allen showed tremendous promise. Given an offseason to add some muscle he should improve against the run.

Not one of our CBs and LBs is a starter on any other NFL team. Not one.
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on value. Between Spears, Rolle, James, Merriman, Cody, and Jones, there will be someone there who can really help our defense. There is no position where we are stacked, and there is no position that we can't use help at . I like Merriman who would give us our most versatile pass rusher since DT.
kcbamm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: 1st round pick Reply with quote

i agree that our biggest needs are cb and lb. what are they gonna do about all the d-lineman. hicks is big $$ that needs inside help. sims is one of those #1 that if gets released will probably star elsewhere. like a lot of our other #1"s. daultonplayed well i think but he is a jouneyman for a reason. wilkerson maybe just need a chance. siavii i think is a keeper,fricking huge!! nrowning i think is nearing the end but is a guy who plays both de/dt. i think he is the - vermiel team player that goes about his business quietly, steady. any thoughts??
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can live with our d-line as is for another year. . next year i do believe a top flight d-end should be at the top of the list . . IF we have handled the cb and lb positions effectively this off-season. i think siavii will begin to emerge next year and he is so huge . . if he can become a force that will make sims, hicks and allen all better ! and with dalton, browning, and wilkerson we have a fair amount of depth and rotation to keep people fresh. [inappropriate/removed] to that the better coverage in the secondary making qb's hold the ball longer by even just one second or two is gonna help those d-lineman get sacks.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if the Chiefs are to improve defensively Junior Siavii has to emerge as a force in the middle. Sims hasn't done it and probably never will here or anywhere else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: