Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Steelers vs. Colts GDT...sorry it's late.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Week 3: Steelers vs. Colts GDT...sorry it's late. Reply with quote

vs.

Where:

Lucas Oil Stadium
Station:

Keys to the game:
Kicking Game
Sepulveda and Sushi need to put Collins and Company in position to go the length of the field. Collins isn't Manning by any means, but he isn't Tavaras Jackson either. Collins seems to have played well against this team historically.

Receiving Corps

Ward, Wallace, Brown and Miller need to get it done. If either is given the opportunity of a mismatch then they need to capitalize. The Colts defense is soft and should be easy to exploit provided the next point gets taken care of...

Scott and Gilbert
The youngsters will have their hands full with the likes of Mathis and Freeny. They need to keep Ben upright as much as possible. Ben is Ben and will expose himself from time to time...and again on occasion. The poor boy doesn't need help from the bookends too.

Prediction:

Steelers 27
Colts 13

Random Hotties!!! Very Happy

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we approach this game like we did the San Diego game from 2009: They know we're going to run, we know we're going to run, and come the start of the game, we're going to ram it down their throats. If Ben lines up in shotgun all day, Mathis and Freeney will destroy our offense and embarass the team on national TV.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news. Go Steelers! Looking forward to late games. Means the wife and I can go to the local bar for cheap drinks to enjoy the game! Very Happy
mosteelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we pitch two shutouts in a row? The Colts' defense isn't as good as teh Seahawks. Maybe we can hold onto the ball even longer this game!

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
Can we pitch two shutouts in a row? The Colts' defense isn't as good as teh Seahawks. Maybe we can hold onto the ball even longer this game!

Doesn't Freeney and Mathis automatically make them better?
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:

Their defense is definitely better. Their issue is their cover-2 zone makes it very easy for us to exploit it on the run.

Also sucks for them because we've got speedy weapons like Sanders, Wallace and Brown who can own their zone defense with quick slants.

This is going to be a fun game to watch Very Happy
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this game isn't a walk in the park like some people think it is going to be. It could be if we are mentally prepared. I could see us being overconfident since they don't have Peyton Manning. Mathis and Freeney could overwhelm our offensive lineman and force us in 3rd and long situations. We could easily avoid this by calling the right plays though. We all know if McFadden is beat by Boldin, he can be beat by Collie or Garcon. I am feeling pretty sure about this one, but I also felt that way last year against a few weak teams and we even almost lost to the Bills. I would say this team is more talented than the Bills team we faced last year.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers need to make the Colts and Collins go 70 yds or more on almost every drive. The Steelers need to run about 60+ plays from scrimmage and with that I think they can easily control this game. I don't think the Steelers will ever under-estimate a opponent having that Ravens game still fresh in there minds. I expect them to come out aggressive early and try to get a lead early to take the air out of the ball. Keeping Freeney and Mathis on there heals instead of on there toes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Colts LB's better than any they've had for some time. They are not fully developed but good potential. Pat Angerer was a stud at Iowa and as I've seen is doing well. Another prospect I liked, Kavell Conner is also playing the opposite side. They are both very active and are both gamers, especially Angerer.

That being said the soft spot is still up the middle. Those OLB's will attempt to fill quickly but some pulling action should break their will as the game goes. As the safeties continue to sneak up to assist it will eventually leave some properly timed opportunities for wideouts. Slipping tight ends out occasionally should soften that up as well.

I think that should be our game plan as well as the Colts strategy. If they don't focus on our run with the LB's and safeties it will be a very long day as we run all over them.

I think Collins isn't getting very fair consideration from Colts fans or the media. Thrown right into the fire, would be difficult for anyone. He's a good pro in my opinion and will do an adequate and better job the more he gets to know his offense and personnel. Don't think for a minute that he will just lie down because nobody expects much from them because Peyton is gone, he's much more of a competitor than that and really seems under appreciated historically.

...you have a forum resume?
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you how we can easily win this game....

Get Redman the ball, a lot.

They are weak right up the gut. Freeney and Mathis are going to keep the pressure coming from the edge. Exploit it by attacking their weakness up the middle. Let Redman wear down their defense. Even if we get 3 and out drives, getting him 3 hard runs in their is going to kill that defensive unit.

Soften it up for Mendenhall to do some dirty work on the outside, and use it to tire out their corners and pass rushers to give Ben more time in the pocket to get deep slants out to Wallace and Sanders. With their scheme and slow corners, it'll only be a matter of time until Wallace takes a deep ball to the house.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we play a lot of 2 TE in this game, we can bring the game to our advantage. Maybe not 2 TEs but at least one for sure, with a running back in backfield like Redman to take up a block or play a lot of screen passes. We should win this game, at this point I'm 97.9% sure we will. the remaining percentage are the miracle.

Also people seem to forget that our O-line for some reason play better against traditional 4-3 than 3-4. I think it's because of the blitzing scheme, with 4-3 it's easier to diagnose and find a man to block.

Bottom Line: Don't give away any TO, don't need takeaways, be consistent with our offensive attack, play hard on defensive side, and play adequate on special team and it will be good enough for other shutout.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown bikini....... must have her in my thread...... who is she!?!?!?!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:

So this is what GD thread have come down too!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

You're complaining.... Why? Laughing
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

we could always discuss how bad the offensive line is some more! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: