You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Carolina Panthers 1PM E.T.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Carolina Panthers 1PM E.T. Reply with quote

Week Three. The sky is falling!

Your Jacksonville Jaguars(1-1)

@

The Carolina Panthers(0-2)

Things to watch for:

1. Maurice Jones-Drew vs 11 in the box: Regardless of who starts at QB this week, this game is MJD's game to shine. The Panthers are missing their heart and soul on defense, Jon Beason, and the front 7 is missing some other key players as well. Jones Drew wants the ball? Give it to him. Can he produce against however many players that the Panthers put in the box?

2. Steve Smith vs Derek Cox: It's no secret who Cam Newton's favorite weapon is. With 334 yards, Steve Smith leads the league in yards and YPC (for starting players). Half of his catches have been for for 20+yards. Can our young, upstart CB keep him in check? One positive is that Cam seems to lock onto Smith more than he should. He will force throws into Smith when Smith isn't open. Can Cox make the plays when these opportunities arise?

3. Blaine Gabbert vs Cam Newton: Cam Newton is the early season lock for AP Rookie of the Year. And for all intensive purposes, no one has a chance to unseat him from winning the award. No one, except Blaine Gabbert. Forget the running backs and the WRs, nobody wins ROTY when a QB is playing even slightly competent. Andy Dalton has already shown himself to be at least a step below, and guys like Jake Locker won't see enough action to warrant consideration. This could be Gabbert's first start. Maybe it should be Gabbert's first start. If it is, can Gabbert put in the work to begin unseating Newton as the shoe in for ROTY?

*special bonus*
4. Luke McCown vs the bench: Last week, in a game where he had a chance to prove himself, Lol McCown choked. Will he choke on his sideline snack this week?

Key Questions for the Game:

Can we bounce back from a loss, the way we did for much of last season?

Will Lewis and Kampy make their way into the lineup this week? Will they make a difference?

Who starts this week at QB?

The Jaguars have everything but a passing game, the Panthers are missing everything but a passing game. Which of the two team set ups will prove to be more viable this week?

Important Links:
Injury Report
Panthers GDT
Weather
NFL Gamecenter <- Link may change.
Jaguar's Website
Coverage Maps

Cyan, that's us.

Live like you're down 3-1

Last edited by iPwn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Blaine gets the start, this is a great game to start his career with. The exposure of the two QB's playing head to head, the 9 or 10 in the box-which will allow him plenty of passing lanes to work with. The closer we get to Sunday, the more right it feels for him to kick this thing off. Just think, if he plays well, the blackouts (at least the next couple weeks) will be a memory and the fan base will be energized. That's huge for Jacksonville.

This is a winnable game, both o and off the field.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Cox even be back? I thought he was out for a couple of games.

Jamison. on the sig
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY iPWN! YER TEAM IS STUPID AND YOUR FACE IS STOOPID!

Should be an interesting game. Newton's been slinging it like mad, but we're still winless. Hopefully, we can get the run game going. Our run defense is definitely weak, but the pass defense has actually been pretty solid (despite giving up a few big plays).

I haven't had much of a chance to watch any Jags games this year yet. I know your QB play was brutal this weekend. What's the dilly with the Jags?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
What's the dilly with the Jags?

Pretty much the passing game. The receivers are having problems getting separation and Luke started to force balls against the Jets. To this point, the rest of the team has been pretty strong.

The offense here is one in which the quarterback can't make too many mistakes and he made 4 big ones on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Hopefully, we can get the run game going. Our run defense is definitely weak, but the pass defense has actually been pretty solid (despite giving up a few big plays).

I haven't had much of a chance to watch any Jags games this year yet. I know your QB play was brutal this weekend. What's the dilly with the Jags?

We are like complete opposites lol.

This season:

Panthers pass offense- good / Jags- bad
Panthers rush offense- bad / Jags- good
Panthers run defense- bad (according to you) / Jags- good
Panthers pass defense- good / Jags- meh (better than last season but still could be better)

Should be a good game. Hopefully we get to see Cam vs Gabbert.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:

YOUR TEAM STINKS AND YOU SMELL LIKE FEET!

Live like you're down 3-1
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Heart.

Should be a fun game. I'm feeling pretty good about where Carolina is headed. Obviously, Cam needs to cut down on the rookie mistakes (he is forcing the ball and throwing off his back foot too much). But the guy is clearly talented.

I've always kind of liked the Jags (kindred expansion spirit, I suppose). Here's to hoping for a good game, gents!

And no more frickin' injuries. Seriously. Beason and Thomas Davis done for the year (Davis maybe for good Crying or Very sad). Man, I remember when we had a ridiculous group of linebackers. It was two weeks ago. Meh.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
jagsr4real

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Heart.

Should be a fun game. I'm feeling pretty good about where Carolina is headed. Obviously, Cam needs to cut down on the rookie mistakes (he is forcing the ball and throwing off his back foot too much). But the guy is clearly talented.

I've always kind of liked the Jags (kindred expansion spirit, I suppose). Here's to hoping for a good game, gents!

And no more frickin' injuries. Seriously. Beason and Thomas Davis done for the year (Davis maybe for good Crying or Very sad). Man, I remember when we had a ridiculous group of linebackers. It was two weeks ago. Meh.
so in other words u should EXPECT MJD GONE WILD

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stop Steve Smith, i think we win, but thats a tall order even though he is 5'9''

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
If we stop Steve Smith, i think we win, but thats a tall order even though he is 5'9''
lol double him with 2 corners like lowery and mathis

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsr4real wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

that just sounds weird doubling with two CBs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
jagsr4real wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

that just sounds weird doubling with two CBs

As long as his RAC stays under control, I'll be happy. The guy is too quick not to get open, no matter the coverage. The secondary just needs to make sure they don't get caught out of position.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonesDrew32 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
Hopefully, we can get the run game going. Our run defense is definitely weak, but the pass defense has actually been pretty solid (despite giving up a few big plays).

We are like complete opposites lol.

This season:

Panthers pass offense- good / Jags- bad
Panthers rush offense- bad / Jags- good
Panthers run defense- bad (according to you) / Jags- good
Panthers pass defense- good / Jags- meh (better than last season but still could be better)

Should be a good game. Hopefully we get to see Cam vs Gabbert.

Not in the slightest. The Panthers are 26th in the league and so far give QBs the highest QBR across the league 124.7!!!! How is that anyway near good?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a case of watching them play and not looking at stats. We did a very good job against A-Rod last week; just broken coverage have hurt us in two games. That is fixable.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: