You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "Make A Movie Draft" VII (Discussion Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: The "Make A Movie Draft" VII (Discussion Thread) Reply with quote

Welcome, welcome. Unless you are knew to these parts, you probably know how these work by now. We are accepting first time noobies, as well as returning participants to be a part of the biggest event on the entertainment forum!

The object here is for each participant to draft both a director and all of the actors to appear in a single fictional future film. The idea and story behind your film is all up to you, as you will be giving us the basics behind the story. Obviously the first part of this process is the draft itself. You will pick your director first, in the exclusive director round. You will then be drafting in a typical snake style format across seven more rounds to pick your cast. In the final two rounds, you will be making two selections per pick. After the draft is over, you will PM me your write-up, do not post it in the discussion thread like we have done in previous drafts, although you may still give us small details there. Write-ups are pretty flexible. Depending on how creative you want to be, writeups can be as long or short as you want them to be. The only things that are required in a write-up are

Quote:
1. A title

2. A list of characters, short descriptions, and the actor playing them

3. A One paragraph description of the movie

4. (Optional): A full plot description, for those of you really in the mood to bring your movie to light.

Also note these rules....

- You will be On The Clock for 6 hours. Once skipped, you may make your pick at any time to make it up, but you can't stop other people from picking once your time is up. The time between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. CST is a dead period for this time. Time slots may be implemented at any time.

- If you trade any picks from the double-pick rounds, note that you must trade both of those picks together as a package. They cannot be traded as "Round 7a/7b" for example.

- You will be taking your director before the rest of your cast in an exclusive round of drafting. The director round will have a completely separate draft order from the rest of the draft, and will not be a part of the snake.

- After the draft is over, you will be allowed a 1 day long UDFA signing period. You can cast some of the very minor roles left in your film. You will post your picks in the draft thread like usual, and it will be first come first serve.

- Trades are also being brought back. The rules for trading selections and draft picks are listed here, please read them.

Trade Rules wrote:
- The steps for setting up a trade are as follows. Find another member of the draft who would like to make a trade with you, either negotiate in the discussion thread or through PMs. Once you have made an agreement, both of you must send me a PM giving me the details of the trade. Once that is done, I will make the announcement, and make it final.

- You cannot make trades WHILE you are on the clock if the trade involves the pick you are on the clock for. I don't want you looking to trade down and chatting up people while you are on the clock and slowing the draft down. To prevent this, trading picks must be done before that pick comes up in the draft.

- Obviously, if you trade your director, it must be in return for another director. You need one. You may also drop the director you have at any time and pick an undrafted one. You can however have any number of actors that you would like, depending on what kind of film you want to make. That's the reason this whole system is in place.

Changes from the last draft:

- One round was removed. You will still be drafting two actors per pick in the final two rounds though.

Winners from last round:
Quote:

Most likely to win Best Lead Actor: Ed Harris, Disenchanted Kingdom
Most likely to win Best Lead Actress: Scarlett Johansson, Lost in Translation II
Most likely to win Best Supporting Actor: Bryan Cranston, The Defense
Most likely to win Best Supporting Actress: Alison Brie, Liquid Sunshine
Most likely to win Best Visual Effects: Dr Who: The Time War
Most likely to win Best Original Screenplay: Liquid Sunshine
Most likely to win Best Adapted Screenplay: Heavy Rain
Most likely to win Best Director: Lars von Trier
Most likely to win Best Picture: Disenchanted Kingdom

Links wrote:

Links to Draft Related Threads

Make A Movie Draft I

Make A Movie Draft II:
Discussion
Draft

Make A Movie Draft III:
Discussion
Draft
Final Products

Make A Movie Draft IV:
Discussion
Draft
Final Products

Make A Movie Draft V:
Discussion
Draft
Final Products

Make A Movie Draft VI:
Discussion
Draft
Final Products

LET THE SIGNUPS BEGIN! I'll be shooting for 20, as always, but I will take what we can get. If you're new to this, and it looks kind of confusing, I assure you it is not, and I'll answer any question you might have.

1. Greg_Jennings
2. tinoynk
3. Darrelle Revis
4. dabears32
5. thrILL!
6. Buckrock101
7. Its A Sabotage
8. james.mcmurry13
9. B.Y.
10. Favre4
11. NextBigThing
12. mgoblue44
13. rabbisson
14. The Gnat
15. Chg91

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Last edited by Greg_Jennings on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 18 times in total
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't hesitate to put in time slots this time. In fact, its almost inevitable, but I'll keep it at the 6 hour limit for the first two rounds or so. Also, I did give thought to the idea of Screenwriters, but I'm not sure about it yet. A lot of people just have their director as the main writer, and other people just consider themselves the writer (if its original). I'm not against adding it, but if you guys want it, show your love.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in as always, and I have a really cool original idea.

Not sure who I want to direct though.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
dabears32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in! Really excited to get involved in this.. I'm a total film freak.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for another film altho after the Academy darling film, I think I'm going to do a straight up action film or something.

Written & Directed by:

Darren Aronofsky

Jeremy Renner as Colonel Jackson Dane

Gary Oldman as John Lynch

Daniel Day Lewis as Armand Waering

Keira Knightley as Mother One

Eva Green as the Blood Queen

Chris Pine as Jester

Mark Strong as Prince Drakken

Vin Diesel as Dozer

Sam Worthington as Lupo

Donald Sutherland as Miles Craven

John Ortiz as Grail

Evangeline Lilly as Persephone

Kelly Hu as Pilgrim

Emile Hirsch as Johnny Savoy

Michael Imperioli as Draxis

Ernie Reyes, Jr as Flattop

Dante Basco as Crossbones

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.

Last edited by thrILL! on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Cast:
>Joe - Lee Pace
>Yuri - Shia LaBeouf
>Pitt - Cillian Murphy
>Blond - Ben Foster
>Brown - Channing Tatum
>Theo - Nic Cage
>Melanie - Evan Rachel Wood
>The Girl - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
>The Stranger - Michael Shannon
>Krause - Ryan Reynolds
>Baxter - David Strathairn
>Sam Sullivan - Michael Douglas

Also featuring:
>Anton Yelchin
>Chiwetel Ejiofor
>Peter Sarsgaard
>Kim Ok-bin
>Michael B. Jordan
>Lindsay Lohan

Last edited by Buckrock101 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 am; edited 3 times in total
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In. I have several ideas, so the director round will seal my fate.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longstanding Ties
Directed by Vince Gilligan
A GJ Studios Production

A single mother's family is put into danger when her criminal father returns to England after fleeing the country on the run from his old gang.

Character List (minus any UDFAs)

Naomi Watts as Eva Harris

Eva is a single mother of one 10 year old son. Her family has long been linked to criminal ties in their coastal town in England. Her father fled the country, and his family, almost 30 years ago. She was raised mostly by her father's younger brother, and her Uncle, Jackson, and since then, the two of them have attempted to distance themselves from the criminal life. Eva is extremely protective of her son, and her family. She wants to live a simple life, but if it comes down to it, her family's safety comes first.

Ryan Gosling as Quinn

Quinn is Eva's half brother, but not to Eva's knowledge. Quinn was raised his whole life in the States by their father, Tom. Through snooping over the years, Quinn knows more about his father's past than Tom knows, and follows him to England without his knowledge, when Tom goes back. Quinn arrives at Eva's doorstep early on in the film, to warn them that they might be in danger. Quinn is a pretty hard individual, getting into his fair share of criminal activity back in the States. He is a resourceful, but moral individual.

Ian McShane as Tom Harris

The father of both Eva and Quinn, and older brother of Jackson. Tom has been involved in criminal activity and drug running in England for a very long time now, and over that time, has gotten in pretty deep with the gangs. He was a prominent member of a drug running gang a long time ago, before he betrayed his boss by stealing a large shipment of weapons meant for the club. When the gang found out about this sooner than he had hoped, Tom stashed the weapons, and fled the country to America, barely making his escape, and killing his boss in the process. He hadn't been heard from since.

Hugh Laurie as Jackson Harris

The younger brother of Tom. Jackson did his best to lead an honest life while the rest of his family was running drugs and getting into trouble. When Tom fled the country, Jackson took it upon himself at a young age to take care of his daughter, Eva, and help her get an honest footing. He is extremely resentful of his older brother for his actions.

Jared Harris as Freddie McCalman

A while after his father's death at the hands of Tom Harris, Freddie took the reins as the new leader of his fathers old gang. Freddie now runs the drug smuggling operation rather smoothly, and is good at his job. When Freddie finds out that Tom has returned to England, he sets out to do whatever it takes to not only recover the stolen weapons, but get revenge on Tom for his father's death, even if it means threatening his daughter's family to do so. Freddie is not an honest criminal by any means, often doing whatever he can to get an upper hand.

Guy Pearce as Milo

Milo is Freddie's second in command when it comes to running the drug smuggling operation. He is more calm tempered than his boss, and likes to keep things strictly professional. He is known amongst some as the brains behind Freddie's success. He is against the use of violence in their business when it isn't necessary, and recently has been disagreeing with his boss' business strategies more and more.

Javier Bardem as Alvaro

One of Spain's most dangerous and infamous criminal masterminds. Alvaro is the head of one of the biggest Spanish cartels around, and his intimidating presence and ruthlessness has become legendary. Despite his fearsome nature, Alvaro puts business first, and its the reason he has become so successful. Alvaro is known to have connections within the law that have kept him out of prison for a long time. Alvaro enters the picture when Freddie begins searching for a buyer of the shipment of stolen weapons.

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Florence McCalman

Freddie's trophy wife, of sorts. Florence is spoiled, and often tiresome of her husband. She's never really cared for him in the traditional sense, but has grown very used to her upgraded lifestyle.

Last edited by Greg_Jennings on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Favre4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN FTW
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Bryan Cranston winning an award is epic. Massive props.

I literally consider him for a role in every single one of these I do, I've drafted him twice.

B.Y.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants one of the types of badges in my sig lemme know I can whip it up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: