Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I don't like all this attention!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zappaz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: I don't like all this attention!!! Reply with quote

I'm starting to not like all the attention the Chargers have been getting lately. I much prefer being the underdog and playing the spoiler role rather than going into games getting talked up about how "great" we are.

We all have been through it before, sitting near the top of each power ranking with momentum on our side going into "an easy matchup"... only to laid an egg and shoot us back to reality. I'm nervous as heck that we are at that point. With all of the Rivers for MVP talk, power rankings saying we are 3rd at worst including some places saying we are the #1 team, and now we head to the lowly Raiders.

I want to believe this year is different, that this MM/TT built team is different. I just can't help but think that each game will be a laugher, that the Norv Turner era mistakes will pop up again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team mentality is different and while I don't think anyone on the team cares about where they're ranked, this team certainly has a different feel to it than the Norv teams.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As opposed to all the accomplishments and superbowls we got while we were "playing the role of the underdog"....lol

This team is of the humble sorts, especially the leaders we have in place, they know that the rankings at this point in the season don't matter, the one at the end of the season does.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: I don't like all this attention!!! Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
I'm starting to not like all the attention the Chargers have been getting lately. I much prefer being the underdog and playing the spoiler role rather than going into games getting talked up about how "great" we are.

We all have been through it before, sitting near the top of each power ranking with momentum on our side going into "an easy matchup"... only to laid an egg and shoot us back to reality. I'm nervous as heck that we are at that point. With all of the Rivers for MVP talk, power rankings saying we are 3rd at worst including some places saying we are the #1 team, and now we head to the lowly Raiders.

I want to believe this year is different, that this MM/TT built team is different. I just can't help but think that each game will be a laugher, that the Norv Turner era mistakes will pop up again.

I feel ya, I like it when we are floating under the radar and would like that to continue. When people treat us as the best, yeah it feels great but when it comes to those important games, We just end up getting let down.
game3525

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
As opposed to all the accomplishments and superbowls we got while we were "playing the role of the underdog"....lol

This team is of the humble sorts, especially the leaders we have in place, they know that the rankings at this point in the season don't matter, the one at the end of the season does.

Pretty much, this team is well-coached and is loaded with veterans. The extra attention isn't going to affect them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: