Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeMVP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Anyone here ride motorcycles?

I just picked up my first street bike last week and went for my first ride this afternoon. Spent my childhood on dirtbikes but went a good 10 years off of 2 wheels. Finally got the urge to find a decent bike and found this 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja. High miles and not a beauty queen but runs like a champ. Alittle more of a bike than I had originally wanted but at $1400 it was a hell of a deal imo. It came with an extra set of fairings, another swing arm, a stiffer shock/spring set (guy was 140lbs and said it was bouncy so he switched back to stock, should fit my 265 self good I think lol) and another +1 rear sprocket.

I just cant get the grin off my face now... I'm hooked on 2 wheels once again!

I've got a 2001 ZX6. Real good bikes. Very fun. Just keep your head on a swivel.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
In my nearly 8 years of marriage

Really? I always thought you were one of the younger guys around here. Early 20's maybe.

Since most of the intro thread disappeared, maybe we should all do a little self intro again?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
Anyone here ride motorcycles?

I just picked up my first street bike last week and went for my first ride this afternoon. Spent my childhood on dirtbikes but went a good 10 years off of 2 wheels. Finally got the urge to find a decent bike and found this 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja. High miles and not a beauty queen but runs like a champ. Alittle more of a bike than I had originally wanted but at $1400 it was a hell of a deal imo. It came with an extra set of fairings, another swing arm, a stiffer shock/spring set (guy was 140lbs and said it was bouncy so he switched back to stock, should fit my 265 self good I think lol) and another +1 rear sprocket.

I just cant get the grin off my face now... I'm hooked on 2 wheels once again!

I've actually been on the precipice of the age old battle between husbands and wives. I want a bike (I've had my license for over a year and a half, just you know... that whole engagement ring thing had me set back for a while)... she wants a baby. She's probably going to win. I'm going to see if I can milk a motorcycle out of it for myself though (I'm a master bargainer!). Would definitely go cruiser over crotch-rocket personally though, but that's entirely personal preference and all I've ever ridden.

You're gonna get told that you have to wait until you're 40, like I did. She's ok with me having a mid-life.

I do have a trump card I can play in this... it's just a matter of whether I want to or not and lately I've been leaning towards "yes."

I can always sell my Barracuda ('68 Formula S that I finished the restoration on about 3 years ago and have really only kept "show" insurance on since). If I went for the quick sale I could likely get ~$20K for it which would give me enough to buy a bike, start a "college fund (i.e. "investment" through my life insurance policy) for "It Better Be a Boy or I'm Suing," and seed money for a new project car (I say seed because it may take another year of scrounging some personal savings aside here and there... but then it may also take me at least 9 months to settle on another project that really says "make me pretty").

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
In my nearly 8 years of marriage

Really? I always thought you were one of the younger guys around here. Early 20's maybe.

Since most of the intro thread disappeared, maybe we should all do a little self intro again?

I'm 28, got married fairly young I guess. Realized I never actually posted in the intro thread but its in there now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my luck...

I've been working a ton of hours lately, been doing 6 days a week for a few months now with the occasional Sunday as well. Looks like this week I will finally get a full weekend off of work..... and the weather man predicts it to be 105 both Saturday and Sunday with high humidity... FML. Really wanted to go ride my Ninja some but I cant imagine how hot it would be inside a helmet and wearing my armored riding gear. Looks like a full weekend of my tail in the recliner with the AC maxed out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a cruiser amercian bike type of motorcyvcle. Had my license since I was younger but didn't really ride all that much. Then the divorce hammer came down and I'm at like 30k miles or so on the new bike.

Bike story of the day: I'm riding home on the 91 west right as the sun sets. The light was just reflecting off the pavement and it was like you were riding to heaven.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
KobeMVP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Just my luck...

I've been working a ton of hours lately, been doing 6 days a week for a few months now with the occasional Sunday as well. Looks like this week I will finally get a full weekend off of work..... and the weather man predicts it to be 105 both Saturday and Sunday with high humidity... FML. Really wanted to go ride my Ninja some but I cant imagine how hot it would be inside a helmet and wearing my armored riding gear. Looks like a full weekend of my tail in the recliner with the AC maxed out.

You'll be fine. I'm in Tucson, AZ. 111 degrees on Friday. I'll be out riding this weekend. SO WILL YOU!
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KobeMVP wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
Just my luck...

You'll be fine. I'm in Tucson, AZ. 111 degrees on Friday. I'll be out riding this weekend. SO WILL YOU!

LOL, Well its 108 right now with 75% humidity and I just got in from riding the bike home from work.... SERIOUSLY doubt I'll be going for a joy ride this weekend. It was miserable, if I plan to go anywhere its definitely going to be in my Mountaineer with the AC cranked lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KobeMVP wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
Just my luck...

There's a HUGE difference between 111 deg of that dry head in AZ, and 105 with 75% humidity....

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
KobeMVP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
KobeMVP wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
Just my luck...

There's a HUGE difference between 111 deg of that dry head in AZ, and 105 with 75% humidity....

Actually, we are in our "monsoon" season right now. It's not so dry.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weatherunderground says Tucson, AZ is 106 atm with a heat index of 101. They say Wake Forest, NC is 106 atm with a heat index of 116.... humidity SUCKS! lol. Its that feeling that you cannot breathe because the air is so thick which makes it hard to cool off, except when you're inside with the AC cranked Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out and ride. They aren't made to be garage beauties boys.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego i get it, its hot down there. So I'm here to explain the amazing perks of Kilt wearing to you, don't be surprised if this changes your life.....

1. Shiver me Timbers

There is nothing worse than on a hot day then wearing shorts and underwear, who needs it am I right. With the kilt it's no longer an issue, even the gentlest of breezes feel like a nice cold beer on a hot summer day as you legally free bird in public. There is really no feeling like it.

2. The Look

It's hard to beat the look of being in a kilt, it instantly makes you look 25.78% more manly. Most bars in the states, someone will buy you a drink because of it. The Kilt is the male equivalent to yoga pants for woman, every woman looks a bit better in yoga pants....and so can you if you wear a kilt. Speaking of woman......

3. Woman made easy

There is perhaps nothing woman find sexier than a man in a kilt. They have an urge to take a peak, who can blame them, and because of it you will have your pick really of whomever you want. The kilt is an immediate conversation starter, makes you seem more interesting than other pant wearing schmucks who might be around, and cuts the time of the discussion to get out of there and go to her place by 37%

I hope I showed you the light Chargers fans, this was my gift to you.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
San Diego i get it, its hot down there. So I'm here to explain the amazing perks of Kilt wearing to you, don't be surprised if this changes your life.....

1. Shiver me Timbers

There is nothing worse than on a hot day then wearing shorts and underwear, who needs it am I right. With the kilt it's no longer an issue, even the gentlest of breezes feel like a nice cold beer on a hot summer day as you legally free bird in public. There is really no feeling like it.

2. The Look

It's hard to beat the look of being in a kilt, it instantly makes you look 25.78% more manly. Most bars in the states, someone will buy you a drink because of it. The Kilt is the male equivalent to yoga pants for woman, every woman looks a bit better in yoga pants....and so can you if you wear a kilt. Speaking of woman......

3. Woman made easy

There is perhaps nothing woman find sexier than a man in a kilt. They have an urge to take a peak, who can blame them, and because of it you will have your pick really of whomever you want. The kilt is an immediate conversation starter, makes you seem more interesting than other pant wearing schmucks who might be around, and cuts the time of the discussion to get out of there and go to her place by 37%

I hope I showed you the light Chargers fans, this was my gift to you.

Waaay ahead of you!

I already own one actual one (though wool/tartan isn't very forgiving in terms of heat even when you've got quality ventilation going on down below) legit kilt and about three make-shift ones for more knock-around type activities (most recent was my college buddies and my annual "river" trip down the American River - which largely involves tying 5-6 rafts together, sticking a minimum of 4 kegs and 50 people in said rafts, assinging a costume theme - which this year's was Braveheart, and floating down the River drinking and sunning it up for roughly 5-6 hours).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked myself here on accident while scrolling, so..what's up guys?

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 15 of 26

Jump to: