Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germanbolt wrote:
Great idea for a thread.

I'm actually travelling in Australia right now and just checking internet every once in a while, but I will sure try to do my part in boosting activity once I return to Germany

Bundesliga is a damn underrated football league by the way. Werder Bremen all the way!

I was in Germany this summer and saw a game in Köln vs. my Arsenal Gunners. It was a pretty great, rowdy atmosphere to say the least Smile
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
mgoblue44 wrote:
Anyone else watch hockey?

I wish I had enough time to watch more. I'll catch a few games a year, and I've been to a couple since moving to CO. I do play though, roller hockey anyways, but that's all you get in CA.

Egh... I dunno about that. Both of the colleges I went to had collegiate (not NCAA but they did play other non-officially NCAA teams from school that play plenty of NCAA D1 sports... like USC and each other) ice hockey teams and both were very much "beach" communities. A lot of Southern California cities have ice hockey clubs that high school age guys and girls (or in the case of one girl I knew growing up, a girl on the guys' team) play in against city to city.

I was always into minor league hockey more than the NHL. A large part of that was probably because I could never get into the Kings (growing up I just always associated their logos and colors too much with gangs and wanted no part of it) and the Ducks were ruined for me by the fact that I could never get into them since tickets at the Pond (now Honda Center) were so ungodly expensive ($50+ for nosebleed seat that you couldn't even see the puck or the numbers on guys' backs... and this was back in the 90's) and hockey is one of those sports that you get into because you experience it live.

I was a huge supporter of the Long Beach Ice Dogs - my wife actually interned with them while she was getting her Sports Medicine masters - shortly before the team folded. And as far as pro teams, I've got a soft spot for the Blackhawks (only non-CA team in American sports I support) because Stan Mikita was just such a beast.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
mgoblue44 wrote:

I wish I had enough time to watch more. I'll catch a few games a year, and I've been to a couple since moving to CO. I do play though, roller hockey anyways, but that's all you get in CA.

Egh... I dunno about that. Both of the colleges I went to had collegiate (not NCAA but they did play other non-officially NCAA teams from school that play plenty of NCAA D1 sports... like USC and each other) ice hockey teams and both were very much "beach" communities. A lot of Southern California cities have ice hockey clubs that high school age guys and girls (or in the case of one girl I knew growing up, a girl on the guys' team) play in against city to city.

I was always into minor league hockey more than the NHL. A large part of that was probably because I could never get into the Kings (growing up I just always associated their logos and colors too much with gangs and wanted no part of it) and the Ducks were ruined for me by the fact that I could never get into them since tickets at the Pond (now Honda Center) were so ungodly expensive ($50+ for nosebleed seat that you couldn't even see the puck or the numbers on guys' backs... and this was back in the 90's) and hockey is one of those sports that you get into because you experience it live.

I was a huge supporter of the Long Beach Ice Dogs - my wife actually interned with them while she was getting her Sports Medicine masters - shortly before the team folded. And as far as pro teams, I've got a soft spot for the Blackhawks (only non-CA team in American sports I support) because Stan Mikita was just such a beast.

Hey, remember the San Diego Gulls? I used to go to there games all the time at the Sports Arena (I lived right by there in OB). I actually remember watching a game vs. the Ice Dogs. Fun times, fun times.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
mgoblue44 wrote:

Ok, if you live outside of the LA metro, Anaheim, Oxnard, or San Jose, you're gonna have a hard time finding an ice rink to play hockey. I had never even been on ice skates until I moved to CO. The closest ice rink to me was the one in Oxnard, which was 90+ miles away. The two closest colleges were UCSB, and CalPoly. They only play baseball, and drink.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best news I've heard all week
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrested Development coming back finally gives me a reason to actually watch it.

I was reluctant to watch, but now I want to watch to see what made it so great, even though I have a small idea
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
Arrested Development coming back finally gives me a reason to actually watch it.

I was reluctant to watch, but now I want to watch to see what made it so great, even though I have a small idea

Go make Netflix your best friend and WATCH! The show will change your life!

I so rarely say this about TV shows - yeah sure there are some good ones but very rarely are there ones that just never seem to let you down from episode to episode, which was one of the reasons why I could never fully get into Seinfeld. AD was brilliantly inane, and that's really the best way of putting it. It's so stupid, it's genius.

It, SOA ,and Dexter will be the shows that my wife is simply not allowed to delete from the DVR without my expressed written consent.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Germanbolt wrote:
Great idea for a thread.

I'm actually travelling in Australia right now and just checking internet every once in a while, but I will sure try to do my part in boosting activity once I return to Germany

Bundesliga is a damn underrated football league by the way. Werder Bremen all the way!

I was in Germany this summer and saw a game in Köln vs. my Arsenal Gunners. It was a pretty great, rowdy atmosphere to say the least Smile

If you think that game was rough I'm going to have to disappoint you. That's a friendly and the so called "Ultras" usually don't go to these games. If you ever got the chance to see a rivalry game in a standing area, go for it, but keep cautious and try to switch into neutral gear after the game if you can't read the signs of trouble brewing after a football game. I love football to death though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just browsing this thread randomly.

Why aren't all you soccer fans in our new soccer forum?!

mgoblue44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

Not trying to start a riff or anything, but the Soccer thread is pretty much dominated by the EPL, English National Team and Balotelli Haters.

Dont really fit into any of those categories
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

To be honest I lurk sometimes, but don't feel like I have my "credentials" yet to start making educated posts. I've been periodically recording random games on fox soccer channel to learn more about teams outside the EPL and FC Barcelona
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Not trying to start a riff or anything, but the Soccer thread is pretty much dominated by the EPL, English National Team and Balotelli Haters.

Dont really fit into any of those categories

Thread?

We have a forum with over 100 topics?

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

To be honest I lurk sometimes, but don't feel like I have my "credentials" yet to start making educated posts. I've been periodically recording random games on fox soccer channel to learn more about teams outside the EPL and FC Barcelona

Look at Dr Philly, his first 20-30 posts in there were just questions about soccer.

And now he is reaping the rewards.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just ask

How do you guys have like 10 legit posters, but almost no posts in here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: