Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's planning on getting Madden for the 360 when it comes out I'm running a league on here and we've got 15 people so far, the link is in my sig Very Happy

CallMeBarrett wrote:
The Legion of Whom*
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newest purchase, well will be tomorrow.. havent signed the papers yet. Its a 06 Yamaha Vstar 1100, only 2400 miles. Trading in my 99 Ninja 600r, profiting by about $400 on the Ninja, bought it for $1400 and invested about $500... they are giving me $2200 for it trade in! lol. Went cruiser this time since all my buddies have cruisers not crotchrockets and my wife wants to ride.

Last edited by Zappaz on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys just did a write-up on the Chargers. Check it out:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14526624

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looks beautiful Zappaz.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
She looks beautiful Zappaz.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying the bike so far and so is my wife. She really like riding around with me, much more comfortable than the crotchrocket that I had.

I already have a ton of ideas for the bike, more ideas than money though! First thing it HAS to have is new exhaust. The stock pipes have 3 baffles each making it painfully quiet, almost sounds like a lawn tractor at the moment Crying or Very sad . Probably going to go ahead and do a custom intake as well since I'll need to rejet the carb for the exhaust anyways, no sense in waiting for the intake then paying to rejet a 2nd time. Got a local customizer ( Widowmaker Custom Design and Repair ) who I've talked to about doing a 1 off exhaust and intake setup but it wont be cheap. Looking at spending right around $900-$1000 I think, and that isnt going chrome either which would be another $200. I'm actually going to be eliminating alot of the chrome on the bike as well actually. It just requires ALOT of cleaning to keep looking right, especially since I live 1 mile down a dirt road and ride nearly every day (commute on my bike).

Eventually I'm going to see about lowering the bike, getting hard shell saddlebags, a batwing front fairing, different fenders... and the list goes on. Will be fun!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list of what you can do goes on and on. Originally I threw some baby apes on my Victory but went back to stock due to just not liking them enough. I should take a picture of her one day after I clean her but I am a bum and almost never wash the chrome off her. It loses the point when she is a daily driver.

I've actually really considered stripping most of the chrome off and going with the powder coating instead just to save me the labor but that becomes a bit expensive as well as labor intensive. Are those bags the quick release? I love the convenience of my bags but the quick release is EPIC for those days where your just putting around and not carrying a ton of stuff you don't need with you.

As for the exhaust, it's always a balancing act where I live. Recently the coastal cities have passed noise ordinances where I almost have to bog my engine to be in compliance, it's annoying to say the least and I wish sometimes my pipes were a bit quieter. Add in the recent legislation in California that makes any new bikes or bike parts have to be EPA stamped and approved and you can see the direction my state is going when it comes to bike laws and loud pipes.

Keep me in the loop with what you end up doing though and if you run into mechanical problems I may be able to walk you through some of them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea there is just so many possibilities, only thing stopping me at the moment is my pocket! lol

Mine is my daily driver too for the most part, had it for 4 days and already put 500 miles on the bike. Really enjoying it and looking forward to making it mine.

The bags on it are actually just throw overs, I haven't looked to see how hard it will be to take off though but it shouldn't be bad. I REALLY like the bagger look so in the future I'm going to want some big hard bags for it. Its nice to carry around a rain coat, my day and night visors, and what ever else I need... but bad when my buddies always want to throw crap in them!

I went to a friend of a friend's place today to check out his V Star 1100 with a custom exhaust made by the same guy I'm getting mine done from, WOW what a difference it makes in the sound. It just makes me what it done that much quicker!!! Unfortunately I'm atleast 3 weeks out before I get my chance at the customizer.

I'll definitely keep things updated, I'll be keeping track of all the changes and recording stuff for sure. Tons and tons of pictures!

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why must we discuss motorcycles when my dream of buying one must now be dashed because, you know that age old battle between the wife and I that I was talking about several months ago... she won.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should have prefaced this all by saying we're (sounds so weird using the first person plural - but that's just probably the English teacher in me fighting my knowledge of biology) pregnant.

So... now I realize that we're all trying to pool together our good juju in hopes of there not being another slow Bolts start out the gate... but anyone who can spare a little extra my way to ensure this child is a boy (for the love of God, it's not in the better interest of humanity to let me raise a daughter first), I'd really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Why must we discuss motorcycles when my dream of buying one must now be dashed because, you know that age old battle between the wife and I that I was talking about several months ago... she won.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should have prefaced this all by saying we're (sounds so weird using the first person plural - but that's just probably the English teacher in me fighting my knowledge of biology) pregnant.

So... now I realize that we're all trying to pool together our good juju in hopes of there not being another slow Bolts start out the gate... but anyone who can spare a little extra my way to ensure this child is a boy (for the love of God, it's not in the better interest of humanity to let me raise a daughter first), I'd really appreciate it.

Make him an account the day he is born (IT WILL BE A HE). It'll be like those people who make a FB for their baby, but on a place better than FB.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Sounds like she wins all the arguments. No bike, kid before 30. Welcome to the wonderful world of marriage.

Congratulations, but please don't be the guy to say "we're pregnant".

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Make him an account the day he is born (IT WILL BE A HE). It'll be like those people who make a FB for their baby, but on a place better than FB.

Just mash his hands on the keyboard and post in here....lol, thatd be awesome.

But Congratz LBC! But i agree with MrDrew, dont be THAT guy...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats LBC and my condolences on the bike. We'll try to rub it in your face one morning after you get done changing diapers that we are going riding. J/K. There is a greater joy in watching your offspring develop then anything a machine can deliver. Few years from now the wife will soften up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats LBC!

As far as my bike goes.. seems there has been an unexpected change of plans. Unfortunately I found out yesterday that the factory I'm working at will be closing, ending the jobs of around 100 people employed there currently. While the actual closings and layoffs won't start for about 3 months then done in waves with the final wave being in the March-April area, I have to put the bike mods on the back burner for now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Congrats, man!
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Congrats LBC!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: