Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Bolts Talk! (v. 1): Your SD Tourism Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Wait, what the hell, ur from Portugal?????

hahahahahahaha

This whole time, for some reason, i thought you were from Germany... Embarassed Laughing

That would be Germanbolt. The name is usually a dead giveaway. That and kramxel's location being Portugal.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

hahahahahahaha

This whole time, for some reason, i thought you were from Germany... Embarassed Laughing

That would be Germanbolt. The name is usually a dead giveaway. That and kramxel's location being Portugal.

Well obviously...for some reason i thought they were both from Germany... Think d'oh!

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:
Any other soccer fans here? I'm an Arsenal supporter so this is a pretty bleak year, but I've latched onto FC Barcelona because my girlfriend is a huge fan (and I suspect she has a crush on David Villa)

I think Barcelona might have one of the best football clubs in a loooong time

As an Arsenal supporter you should know that you're required to loathe Barca, especially after this recent "Catalan blood" Cesc Fabregas three year saga.

And yes, I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8 years old... and I'm a charter member of the Orange County (CA) Gooners, officially recognized as a supporters branch by Arsenal America.

Barca is very quickly placing itself as the #2 team to despise as a Gooner, the first and most obvious being Tottenham; typically the 2nd depends on which other local supporters group among ManUre and Chelski are the most annoying or smug ('round these parts it's Chelsea, though the LA Spurs supporters group put the d in the proverbial bag).

I don't know...honestly I just can't blame Fabregas for leaving. He is one of my favorite players and he wanted to go back to his home country and be part of an all-time great football team. Nasri's transfer is the one that hurt me the most because I LOATHE Man City and their throw-oil-money around philosophy.

I know I'm supposed to hate Tottenham and when I visited the London I got the impression a Spurs loss was as good as a Arsenal win, but I just don't feel the hate. I think it's a London borough feud more than anything.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:
Any other soccer fans here? I'm an Arsenal supporter so this is a pretty bleak year, but I've latched onto FC Barcelona because my girlfriend is a huge fan (and I suspect she has a crush on David Villa)

I think Barcelona might have one of the best football clubs in a loooong time

As an Arsenal supporter you should know that you're required to loathe Barca, especially after this recent "Catalan blood" Cesc Fabregas three year saga.

And yes, I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was 8 years old... and I'm a charter member of the Orange County (CA) Gooners, officially recognized as a supporters branch by Arsenal America.

Barca is very quickly placing itself as the #2 team to despise as a Gooner, the first and most obvious being Tottenham; typically the 2nd depends on which other local supporters group among ManUre and Chelski are the most annoying or smug ('round these parts it's Chelsea, though the LA Spurs supporters group put the d in the proverbial bag).

I don't know...honestly I just can't blame Fabregas for leaving. He is one of my favorite players and he wanted to go back to his home country and be part of an all-time great football team. Nasri's transfer is the one that hurt me the most because I LOATHE Man City and their throw-oil-money around philosophy.

I know I'm supposed to hate Tottenham and when I visited the London I got the impression a Spurs loss was as good as a Arsenal win, but I just don't feel the hate. I think it's a London borough feud more than anything.

I don't blame Fab for leaving. I don't hate him. As I stated in the Arsenal thread in the Soccer forum, short of saying he was going to stay and honor his contract and just quashing any and all rumors of him going back to Camp Nou there really wasn't any better way Cesc himself could have handled the scenario.

Barca on the other hand, I now loathe. They have this ungodly sense of entitlement and their president/owner is straight up hypocritical and insufferable - and it rubs off on a number of his players too (Xavi, Puyol, and Alves most notably). He makes it seem as if it should be some international crime not to sell Barcelona the Catalan player they want at the price they want (in fact, he effectively said as much calling Arsenal refusing to sell Cesc for his desired price "hostage-holding" and "kidnapping"). Then he flips around and as soon as Fab's played a few matches for them celebrates that he wants everyone to believe he trolled Arsenal because Fab is worth 50+ million (after saying only back in July that he wasn't worth 40).

Nothing against Guardiola, I actually respect him as a manager. Sandro Rosell can rot in hell for all I care though.

I'm by no means a Real Madrid fan, but I find myself rooting for them in La Liga just to spite Barca.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I didn't know how entitled Barca's owner is. Throughout history I know that people from Catalan believe to be superior to the rest of Spain so it makes sense it would translate to soccer.
kramxel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:

hahahahahahaha

Lol
Born and bred in Portugal!

I don't even speak german... Wink

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling I might be the only person remotely interested in the following topic but...

So who does everyone think is going to with the Sprint Cup Chase this year? I'd love nothing more than JR winning it to silence (or strengthen) the haters but I think Gordon has to be one of the favorites this year as much as I hate him. Dark horse has to be Krashalotski who has been hot recently but I'm not sure he can keep it up.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
I have a feeling I might be the only person remotely interested in the following topic but...

So who does everyone think is going to with the Sprint Cup Chase this year? I'd love nothing more than JR winning it to silence (or strengthen) the haters but I think Gordon has to be one of the favorites this year as much as I hate him. Dark horse has to be Krashalotski who has been hot recently but I'm not sure he can keep it up.

Sprint cars... and now we're talking, but I could never get into NASCAR. Not that I don't love auto racing, but ovals bore me to DEATH. I follow Indy/Champ Cars and Formula One far more... heck, I follow the GT and Le Mans series far more; just way more road courses.

Edit: Pretty sure MrDrew follows NASCAR... or maybe that's just me wanting to lump people that live in Denver as hicks and just assuming he likes NASCAR.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love about any form of auto racing from street stock oval to watching the LMP cars zoom around roadies. I follow NASCAR more though, being from NC I think its just natural. I've been to a few cup races but its been YEARS since the last, would like to go to another pretty soon though... maybe Rockingham next year when the trucks go.

When I was younger I was huge into NASCAR, once Dale Earnhardt Sr died I lost touch in the sport as it just didn't feel the same without my childhood idol racing. I've recently gotten back into it, especially since I'm a pretty active member of iRacing and get to chat/race against some of the guys.

I don't understand how people like F1 today though. With the rules and team orders the racing has gotten fairly bland for the most part. Back in the Senna days when the cars didnt have so much electronic help the racing was amazing though. So much horsepower in such a little car with FAT tires, took alot of skill to race those things and alot of balls to race them fast.

Being an IZOD fan, what's your take on Danica leaving? Good for the sport or bad?

My personal opinion is that it is bad for IZOD because while she isnt the best driver she definitely brings the casual fans and money to the sport which seems to be dying anyways. Hopefully the new car can help with the racing and bring more people to the sport.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Edit: Pretty sure MrDrew follows NASCAR... or maybe that's just me wanting to lump people that live in Denver as hicks and just assuming he likes NASCAR.

1. I don't live in Denver, just work there.
2. I only moved here 5 years ago.
3. I grew up in Rancho Cucmonga/Ontario, and then moved to a town in between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo. I was 27 when I left CA. Still consider CA home.
4. I don't dislike NASCAR, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan.
5. You're stereotype isn't totally correct, but you're not too far off.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know LBC will enjoy this but I gotta say......

GOOOOO DUCKS!!!!!!!

Just moving back up here today and I'm goin to the game today!

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan is 3-0, Michigan State is down 14-3 to Notre Dame.

Im all smiles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love NASCAR I just want to see Hamlin win. I pretty much hate everybody else but he just goes out there to have fun and live the dream.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I love NASCAR I just want to see Hamlin win. I pretty much hate everybody else but he just goes out there to have fun and live the dream.

I hate Hamlin... lol. He's on the short list of people I never want to see win.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how this forum is ahead of the Colts forum

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: