Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 2 GDT: SEATTLE AT PITTSBURGH!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: WEEK 2 GDT: SEATTLE AT PITTSBURGH! Reply with quote

THE SUN HAS COME OUT.... The world is not ending, the season is not over.... All is certainly not lost!

Time to dust ourselves off.... lick our wounds ... and get ready for our HOME OPENER!!!!

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2011
1 PM EASTERN (1200 my time!)
HEINZ FIELD, PITTSBURGH PA

SEATTLE.....

oops.... wrong Seattle....

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (0-1)

VS

YOUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!! (0-1)

I know its an old pic.... had trouble finding another pic like the Seahawks one
NFL.COM Game Center Seattle at Pittsburgh

KEYS TO THE GAME...

1. RUN AND NO RUN...

Last week the Seahawks as a team ran 22 times for 64 yards.... 1 yard more than back-up RB Ricky Williams did against the Steelers on 12 carries.... and less than twice as much as one of Ray Rice's runs on his way to 107 yards!!! Rashard Mendenhall managed 12 carries for 45 yards, with 23 coming on one run.

2. PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!!!!!!!
The "tough" Steeler defense managed only one sack in their embarrassing loss... guess they were tired from chasing Rice... The Seahawks gave up 5 sacks against the 49ers. Tavaris Jackson is still young and inexperienced... need to get after him and stay after him!.... Alex Smith threw for 15/20 124 yards and didn't get sacked once...Ben got sacked twice in the time it took me to prepare this gameday thread!!!

3. Can I GET (not give) a damn TURNOVER!!!!!!!!!!
Seven... seven... seven turnovers!!! Not 3.... not 4.... SEVEN!!!! Can't do anything when the ball is tipped I understand that... or when a train hits you two seconds after you get the ball I guess, but need smarter decisions and from Ben and harder hitting from the defense! SEVEN!!!

STEELER NEWS AND INJURY REPORTS:

SEAHAWKS NEWS AND INJURY REPORTS:

And now your moment of zen...

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed this...

...you have a forum resume?
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the team has got all the BS out of their system and are ready to take the NFL by storm!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks have some ugly cheerleaders....

Thank God JDL found some hotties to save his GDT Laughing
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

not sure if you're joking but those aren't their cheerleaders... they are from the LFL Seattle Mist.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get a blitz please!! I live in the DC area and was watching the game with one of my buddies who loves the Ravens. I was not a happy turtle.

I went to the game last year where the Pats came to Heinz Field and it looked like I was watching the same exact game. The DL, LBs, nor Troy could get pressure on Flacco. Then on offense the OL is falling apart again with injuries. How they can't fix this problem... I don't have a clue!

Couldn't run the ball and it puts so much pressure on Ben and the passing game that he starts forcing throws. Seriously, Ben, protect the football man.

Anyways, sorry for bringing up old crap. Just had to get it off my chest.

I don't see how the steelers lose to the seahawks. They should get back to running the ball and they should dominate the OL of the seahawks which will make it a long day for TJack and company.

21-10 Steelers Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I want some of that cupcake.... ummmhmmm Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

not sure if you're joking but those aren't their cheerleaders... they are from the LFL Seattle Mist.

My bad .... They probably play as good as the Seahawks anyway Laughing

Seriously though, they aren't that great looking, at all.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steelers don't even have cheerleaders... Do they? I remember when I was 6 or 7 and told my dad I was going to like the redskins because my friends did, he said the steelers don't have cheerleaders! They are all About football, a man's team. My parents grew up like 45 minutes outside Pitt in Ohio and have always loved them.

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The steelers don't even have cheerleaders... Do they? I remember when I was 6 or 7 and told my dad I was going to like the redskins because my friends did, he said the steelers don't have cheerleaders! They are all About football, a man's team. My parents grew up like 45 minutes outside Pitt in Ohio and have always loved them.

You're right. Never had cheerleaders. But we have hot female fans!!!

Where in Ohio? I grew up 20 min from Pittsburgh in PA but real close to WV and Ohio.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your expecting Mendenhall to have a big game, tone down your expectations. Our run defense is comparable to yours, 2nd behind ye until Bryant got injured.

So hopefully our pass defense holds up. Ben threw a few interceptions, let's hope it continues Wink

Unfortunely, your going to murder our offense which will hamper our D. Angry Steelers D vs worst OL in the NFL = pain, pain and 3 & outs for TJax. Its not going to be pretty.

Good luck in the game.

Oh, and Bill Leavy is the ref and the game was meant to be in Seattle. Prove the NFL hates us Mad .

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You're right. Never had cheerleaders. But we have hot female fans!!!

Where in Ohio? I grew up 20 min from Pittsburgh in PA but real close to WV and Ohio.
Belmont County. Bellaire, Oh. Right across the river from wheeling, wv

greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
If your expecting Mendenhall to have a big game, tone down your expectations. Our run defense is comparable to yours, 2nd behind ye until Bryant got injured.

So hopefully our pass defense holds up. Ben threw a few interceptions, let's hope it continues Wink

Unfortunely, your going to murder our offense which will hamper our D. Angry Steelers D vs worst OL in the NFL = pain, pain and 3 & outs for TJax. Its not going to be pretty.

Good luck in the game.

Oh, and Bill Leavy is the ref and the game was meant to be in Seattle. Prove the NFL hates us Mad .

Granted we got shallacked in week one. Comparing last year's numbers it's not even close, but that was last year. Let's wait and see how this year pans out before making such a bold statement.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
If your expecting Mendenhall to have a big game, tone down your expectations. Our run defense is comparable to yours, 2nd behind ye until Bryant got injured. .
Laughing that was last year bro... Just saying Wink

Last year you had Hassleback as your qb, this year Tjack! That's like a 180 in efficiency. You couldn't handle the 49ers, how you gonna beat the steelers?

I've been saying all preseason Bevelle needs to quit playing favorites and start whitehurst. He's you best chance at winning and a qb who actually has a future in the league... Unlike Tjack. I can't believe you all signed him. Laughing

whit09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a big win.

And inevitable complaints about the officiating.

...Thanks to UofMfan909

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: