Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions should seriously think about trading down.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much my thoughts have already been stated. The Lions will entertain the idea of moving down and may find a suitor but everyone would like to trade down this year because for the most part form 10 to 25 the talent is about the same. I think it will be hard for teams to trade down this year! The only way I see this happeing is if somebody of magnitude drops to 10 otherwise we are probably stuck at 10 where we will probably be looking at Roelle, Davis, Barron,Spears, James, etc.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly. And of those choices at 10, only Davis or (and I hate saying this) Heath Miller would fill needs. I really don't think TE is that big of a need, but if we dont take Davis or trade down, he'd be the only player worth drafting. DE is maybe our 4th or 5th biggest need and Rolle would be nice, but we already have too much money in the position. Unless we move Bryant, we don't draft a top notch corner. Trading down would be tough, but nice if we can still be guaranteed either Davis, Shazor or Pool (with Pool we would have to move Holt to SS, which may work) and Baas or Brown in the first two rounds. I think as long as we get a LG and a DS in the top two, we're alright.
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I agree. If we draft Davis at #10 it would be a slight reach but he is a top 15 pick so its not that big of a reach and we have to get a bonified safety. If we "rolle" the dice ad get Antrel in the hopes he will make a transistion to safety or Bryant would move thats a possibilty. He is on the bubble to making it to #10 but I dont think he will make it to us! If we dont draft a safety in the first then I would start getting nervous because there re no gurantees that Shazor or Pool will make it to #41. Chances are Pool will make it but he could just as easily be gone. I dont think Shazor makes it to #41 but it will be close! Heath Miller is a good player but there is no way we could take him at 10 we would have to trade down. He is lasting to the bottom of round one in most mocks! The earliest I see a team taking him would be the Jets! I would love to get Davis and Baas with our top two picks. That would really solidfy us. Problem is I dont think Baas will make it, he may end up going at the tail end of round one. If he is still on the board, I like Chirs Kemotu of Utah in round 3 if we have not drafted a guard in the first two rounds!
JJones21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad parcells wont trade his pick unless we get a first round next year

Soup Nazi wrote:
I say Roy will be a good player again next season. You can quote me on that.

I quoted you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baas seems to be impressing a lot of people at the combine, it's getting very doubtful that he lasts to #41. How bout trading back into the bottom of round 1 again?
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for trading down to aquire a extra pick in the 2nd round, and maybe 3rd.

I still want a 1st rounder but I believe that we still have holes to fill and the 2nd, 3rd round are still starting type picks.
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea. We say screw it and just turn in a pick every time someone else is on the clock.
Yeah...we just say screw the cap, screw the other teams picks and we aim to have every player in 2005 we want.

Laughing
Sorry...I have a touch of the flu bug and the medication takes me to funny places.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: