Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2011 Recruiting Class REranked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: 2011 Recruiting Class REranked Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140213/recruiting-class-2011-re-rank/

Quote:
The problem is that the recruiting rankings don't really matter when they're released. At that point, they're only educated guesses. Puberty, culture shock and chemistry can make all the difference as a group of 17- and 18-year-olds grows into a group of 20- and 21-year-olds. That's why, after each National Signing Day, SI.com looks back three years to see which recruiting classes truly deserved praise. This is a measure of coaching evaluation as well as player development. That's why it's no accident that the Jim Harbaugh/David Shaw staffs at Stanford appeared on this list a couple of years before they began appearing near the top of Signing Day class rankings. The Cardinal have remained a fixture ever since.

Georgia and their top 5 ranking 3 years ago doesn't even make the new list.
gl81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these re-ranking articles, simply because Michigan State always shows up on the list. Also pretty interesting to look at.

^daboyle250
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care much for re-rankings of drafts or recruiting classes the more I learn about the game of football.

Michigan State doesn't always show up higher than they were initially ranked because they landed an outstanding recruiting class, it's because of how they bring players up through the system.

It's all about player development.
gl81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I don't really care much for re-rankings of drafts or recruiting classes the more I learn about the game of football.

Michigan State doesn't always show up higher than they were initially ranked because they landed an outstanding recruiting class, it's because of how they bring players up through the system.

Of course, but I think it's also an indicator of talent evaluation. MSU's hit rate with 2 and 3 star guys has been ridiculous.

^daboyle250
1King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Of course, but I think it's also an indicator of talent evaluation. MSU's hit rate with 2 and 3 star guys has been ridiculous.

What is there hit rate on those guys (legit question)?

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

1 Trillion Percent

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

#JDI
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

It's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13. Tennessee Way off: Offensive tackle Tiny Richardson and linebacker A.J. Johnson were excellent, but the majority of this class has struggled to make an impact in the SEC. (Though dismissed tight end Cam Clear may do it all at Texas A&M in 2014.)

Sounds about right. Way off might be an understatement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a little harsh on Georgia. Of course Isaiah Crowell being an idiot doesnt help, but we've gotten some dang good players from that class. Ray Drew, Sterling Bailey, Ramik Wilson, Amarlo Herrera, and Damian Swann are all starters on defense for the 2014 season. Malcolm Mitchell, Justin Scott-Wesley, Chris Conley, Jay Rome, and David Andrews will be starters on offense this year, and John Jenkins is already in the NFL. Besides Crowell, Christian LeMay seems to be the biggest bust from the class.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Here's a list of guys who were 3 stars or under and have made it to the league:

QB Kirk Cousins 07 3 star
TE Garrett Celek 07 2 star
WR BJ Cunningham 07 3 star
LB Greg Jones 07 3 star
CB Chris Rucker 07 3 star
CB Johnny Adams 08 3 star
WR Keshawn Martin 08 3 star
S Trenton Robinson 08 2 star
DT Jerel Worthy 08 3 star
RB Le'Veon Bell 10 2 star
DB Darqueze Dennard 10 2 star

There are others in the 09, 10, and 11 classes who either will definitely be drafted or have a pretty good shot. This also doesn't take into account that QB-RB combo we made the Rose Bowl with was a 3 star QB and former 3 star converted DB.

^daboyle250

Last edited by gl81 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

It's ridiculous.

Don't be mad.

^daboyle250
1King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

LB Greg Jones 07 3 star

There are others in the 09, 10, and 11 classes who either will definitely be drafted or have a pretty good shot. This also doesn't take into account that QB-RB combo we made the Rose Bowl with was a 3 star QB and former 3 star converted DB.

So you don't actually have a hit rate or any #'s to back up your statement (I'm not disputing your claim that MSU has had some success, was wondering if you had #'s to compare the various programs)? These type of things scream teams like Iowa and Virginia Tech to me.

Didn't realize/forgot that bum Chris Rucker made the league.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 07-12, MSU has had an average class rating of 34.6 according to Rivals. Since 2010 (most of 07 class's senior year), MSU has won 11 games 3 times, and two big ten titles.

And even if I did come up with some number and compared it to other schools, other variables would have to be taken into account, such as what constitutes a "hit" and whose "hits" are stronger.

On MSU's 2013 Rose Bowl squad, they started just three players who were 4 stars on Rivals. Blake Treadwell, Isiah Lewis, and Max Bullough.

Two 2*s received all-america honors in Dennard and DE Shilique Calhoun.

^daboyle250
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
jshowers wrote:

LB Greg Jones 07 3 star

So you don't actually have a hit rate or any #'s to back up your statement (I'm not disputing your claim that MSU has had some success, was wondering if you had #'s to compare the various programs)? These type of things scream teams like Iowa and Virginia Tech to me.

Didn't realize/forgot that bum Chris Rucker made the league.
Don't forget Wisconsin. 3 stars or lower who have made an NFL roster or will be on a roster for this upcoming season...

OL Kraig Urbik
FB Chris Pressley
LB Mike Newkirk
K Taylor Mehlhaff
DB Jack Ikegwuonu

DE Matt Shaughnessy
LB DeAndre Levy
LB Jonathan Casillas
TE Garrett Graham
DE O'Brien Schofield
HB PJ Hill
S Chris Maragos (transfer)

OL Gabe Carimi
OL John Moffitt
QB Scott Tolzein
OL Bill Nagy

WR David Gilwreath
QB Russell Wilson (transfer)
DE JJ Watt (transfer)

DB Marcus Cromartie
TE Jack Byrne
K/P Brad Nortman
FB Bradie Ewing
OL Kevin Zeitler
DB Shelton Johnson
OL Ricky Wagner

OL Travis Frederick
LB Chris Borland (projected)
TE Jacob Pederson (projected)
OG Ryan Groy (projected, will at least make a practice squad if not drafted)
RB James White (projected)
WR Jared Abrederis (projected)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: