Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2014 Georgia Bulldogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
If Richt is canned who are the top candidates for HC position.

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

How would strong work here, I get an idea for the other two.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you are askIng why he fits, then here goes.

Of course before he became the head coach at Louisville, he was a long time assistant at Florida, where McGarity came from. He is very familiar with the SEC, McGarity is very families with him, he has Louisville turned around and going the right way in one year, and he is using all his recruit

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you are askIng why he fits, then here goes.

Of course before he became the head coach at Louisville, he was a long time assistant at Florida, where McGarity came from. He is very familiar with the SEC, McGarity is very families with him, he has Louisville turned around and going the right way in one year, and he is using all his recruit

That's what I meant and thanks, someone unexpected may come though

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

Of course before he became the head coach at Louisville, he was a long time assistant at Florida, where McGarity came from. He is very familiar with the SEC, McGarity is very families with him, he has Louisville turned around and going the right way in one year, and he is using all his recruiting ties in Florida to bring tons of talent to the middle of nowhere Kentucky. He also brings a toughness that Georgia hasn't had since BVG was th defensive coordinator.

I think they would be the top 3 candidates. Some other guys I could see getting looks: Skip Holtz, Gus Malzahn, and maybe Al Golden if the U gets hit hard.

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

1.Dan Mullen
2.Charlie Strong
3.Kirby Smart

Of course before he became the head coach at Louisville, he was a long time assistant at Florida, where McGarity came from. He is very familiar with the SEC, McGarity is very families with him, he has Louisville turned around and going the right way in one year, and he is using all his recruiting ties in Florida to bring tons of talent to the middle of nowhere Kentucky. He also brings a toughness that Georgia hasn't had since BVG was th defensive coordinator.

I think they would be the top 3 candidates. Some other guys I could see getting looks: Skip Holtz, Gus Malzahn, and maybe Al Golden if the U gets hit hard.

I don't want a Holtz after Lou.
Malzahn is too gimicky for me and the only problem with him is that it seems that he has the Penn St job when Jo Pa retires. Honestly though I want Mullen and Smart.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

Malzahn is too gimicky for me and the only problem with him is that it seems that he has the Penn St job when Jo Pa retires. Honestly though I want Mullen and Smart.

Malzahn at Penn State? I thought that was Mullen's dream Job?

I think Malzahn will be at Ole Miss in a few years if Nutt is fired, or maybe a school like Clemson, maybe Im not as informed on what his connection to PSU is but I think he stays in the south.

thanks to Jamison
Smile!
1King wrote:
Clemson is just going to pull a Clemson.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garnet&Black wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

I think Malzahn will be at Ole Miss in a few years if Nutt is fired, or maybe a school like Clemson, maybe Im not as informed on what his connection to PSU is but I think he stays in the south.

I meant Golden for the Penn St thing. My computer sucks.

Malzahn I wonder why hasn't gotten a gig yet.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Garnet&Black wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

I meant Golden for the Penn St thing. My computer sucks.

Malzahn I wonder why hasn't gotten a gig yet.

If I'm not mistaken the Penn State job is the dream job for both Mullen and Golden. I'd love to have Mullen since he has built a competitive team in Starkville out of nothing. Imagine what he could do with good recruits.

Malzahn is just buying his time until the right job opens up. Vandy threw tons of money at him, and he decided to stay at Auburn. You got to realize that just 7(?) years ago he was a high school coach. He torched Conference USA for a couple years, and has now been at Auburn for three. He is going to get a big job sooner than later.

I honestly think one name that could be brought up is Bobby Petrino. We all know he loves to move around, and he is a phenomenal coach. Arkansas has tradition, but doesn't have the facilities or recruiting base that Georgia does.

#JDI
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken the Penn State job is the dream job for both Mullen and Golden. I'd love to have Mullen since he has built a competitive team in Starkville out of nothing. Imagine what he could do with good recruits.

Malzahn is just buying his time until the right job opens up. Vandy threw tons of money at him, and he decided to stay at Auburn. You got to realize that just 7(?) years ago he was a high school coach. He torched Conference USA for a couple years, and has now been at Auburn for three. He is going to get a big job sooner than later.

I honestly think one name that could be brought up is Bobby Petrino. We all know he loves to move around, and he is a phenomenal coach. Arkansas has tradition, but doesn't have the facilities or recruiting base that Georgia does.

Malzahn will be at Clemson, they currently run a similar spread with Chad Morris right now (Who was at Tulsa last year)
And Dabo is about out of Options. Guy can Pull in great Recruits, but boosters are getting pissed with the lack of Success (ya in only 3 years)

thanks to Jamison
Smile!
1King wrote:
Clemson is just going to pull a Clemson.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sucked. No one can blame that loss on Richt, just making weird mistakes. Murray was outstanding but he directly led to 14 points for USC.
Wit that said, Richt could be gone if he doesnt go on a long winning streak. He wont be fired week 2, but I dont think he will survive if he loses more than 1 more game.

There are still a lot of positives from today though. Jarvis Jones is still a beast, Crowell looked legit, Marlon Brown looked good, Rambo looked great, and both Smith and Boykin were very impressive at corner as well as the return game.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always find a way to lose games. Fake punt for TD, Int for TD, and fumble for TD. That's unacceptable. That's 21 points.

Offensive line is still horrible. Cordy Glenn and Justin Anderson need to be replaced immediately. True freshmen couldn't do that bad.

Murray looked good, even though he had no time.

Crowell is a beast. He should have gotten the ball more. 8 rushes for 76 yards in the first quarter, but only finished with 16 carries for 117 yards.

Richt is 1-9 in his past 10 games against ranked teams. He won't be gone now, but the games at Tennessee and against Florida loom even bigger. If we finish at 8-4 I would be surprised.

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida is basically a loss and Tennessee is one of those games which anythings possible. Auburn and Miss St may face challenges and if we go 1-1 or 0-2 Richt is canned and Mullen is coming.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
We always find a way to lose games. Fake punt for TD, Int for TD, and fumble for TD. That's unacceptable. That's 21 points.

Offensive line is still horrible. Cordy Glenn and Justin Anderson need to be replaced immediately. True freshmen couldn't do that bad.

Crowell is a beast. He should have gotten the ball more. 8 rushes for 76 yards in the first quarter, but only finished with 16 carries for 117 yards.

Richt is 1-9 in his past 10 games against ranked teams. He won't be gone now, but the games at Tennessee and against Florida loom even bigger. If we finish at 8-4 I would be surprised.

I agree with almost every point which is shocking. Wink

Problem with Glenn is that we have no one to play LT. Hes literally our only option and he isnt a very good one. Its a shame too because hes a terrific guard. Maybe try out Lee or Gates there.

Crowell could have carried the ball more but our passing game was on fire and Samuel had some nice gains as well. Good to know that Crowell is legit though.

As far as Richt goes, I dont think another coach could come in and do a better job than him. At the same time, if he doesnt win games he will be fired. Really Miss State, Auburn and Florida are the biggest challenges left in the season and we need to go at least 2-1 in them.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

I agree with almost every point which is shocking. Wink

Problem with Glenn is that we have no one to play LT. Hes literally our only option and he isnt a very good one. Its a shame too because hes a terrific guard. Maybe try out Lee or Gates there.

Crowell could have carried the ball more but our passing game was on fire and Samuel had some nice gains as well. Good to know that Crowell is legit though.

As far as Richt goes, I dont think another coach could come in and do a better job than him. At the same time, if he doesnt win games he will be fired. Really Miss State, Auburn and Florida are the biggest challenges left in the season and we need to go at least 2-1 in them.

We have no depth at all on the o-line. Do we even have 10 scholarship players at those positions? There is no good answer for the tackle positions.

I was wanting Crowell to get some more carries to maybe, possibly keep Carolinas d-line a little honest. They were just pinning their ears back and rushing Murray.

The thing I believe is that sometimes coaches outlive their welcome. By that I mean, a change is needed just because of change. A coaches message gets stale, and doesn't have the same effectiveness. He doesn't reach the players like he once did. Or just complacency happens. It happens more in a professional setting, but I believe it's the case with Richt. I honestly dont think he is a top 10 coach in college, but he is t as bad as the past few years, and a good hire won't lose anything.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 3 of 63

Jump to: