Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2014 Georgia Bulldogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I will be between the hedges this weekend. I have 0 faith in Georgia winning this game, but I have a lot of faith in myself getting plastered on north campus.

Wish I can do that.

Also I do have faith in them, I never have faith in them facing UF.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I will be between the hedges this weekend. I have 0 faith in Georgia winning this game, but I have a lot of faith in myself getting plastered on north campus.

I will be too ahha, I always love my Trip to athens.

General beauregard's is great ahahah

thanks to Jamison
Smile!
1King wrote:
Clemson is just going to pull a Clemson.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, some UGA fans are the biggest over-reactors Ive seen. Cant wait to see the tone of some posts if we win.
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Man, some UGA fans are the biggest over-reactors Ive seen. Cant wait to see the tone of some posts if we win.

I looked at some of the prediction threads on Dawgrant, quite comical actually.

thanks to Jamison
Smile!
1King wrote:
Clemson is just going to pull a Clemson.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
coors wrote:

Wish I can do that.

I was going tailgating this weekend, but I decided against it after the debacle last week. I can't handle getting drunk then losing to South Carolina, so I'll be playing rugby and getting drunk, and probably not even watching the game.

I have no faith in Richt or Bobo, so until the team learns to overcome their coaching(or lack of), I won't expect us to win any big games.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
coors wrote:

Wish I can do that.

I was going tailgating this weekend, but I decided against it after the debacle last week. I can't handle getting drunk then losing to South Carolina, so I'll be playing rugby and getting drunk, and probably not even watching the game.

I have no faith in Richt or Bobo, so until the team learns to overcome their coaching(or lack of), I won't expect us to win any big games.

Just curious why you put so much blame on Richt? Did he not coach the oline how to block good enough? I understand Bobo to an extent but even still its an absolutely ridiculous stance to blame coaches when we lose and ignore them when we win. Players have to play.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
coors wrote:

Wish I can do that.

Just curious why you put so much blame on Richt? Did he not coach the oline how to block good enough? I understand Bobo to an extent but even still its an absolutely ridiculous stance to blame coaches when we lose and ignore them when we win. Players have to play.

So we have to blame the players for a 14-13 record since 09? Players have come and gone in that time. All those recruiting classes were top 10, and many of the players from those teams are in the NFL. So the talent is there.

So what's the problem? The coaching staff has been completely turned over in the past three years, and the penalties, dropped passes, bad o-line play, etc.., continues. Blame the players the first time, the second time, hell even the third time, but it constantly happens. That's when the blame goes to Richt. He is not preparing the players correctly. I think he is crippling the offense as well. Bobo can't be that terrible. A blind man could have saw that changes needed to be made to the passing game in the first half, but none came til after halftime. I honestly think Richt won't let Bobo adjust the gameplan until halftime, where he can be part of it, and make the decisions.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
coors wrote:

Wish I can do that.

So we have to blame the players for a 14-13 record since 09? Players have come and gone in that time. All those recruiting classes were top 10, and many of the players from those teams are in the NFL. So the talent is there.

So what's the problem? The coaching staff has been completely turned over in the past three years, and the penalties, dropped passes, bad o-line play, etc.., continues. Blame the players the first time, the second time, hell even the third time, but it constantly happens. That's when the blame goes to Richt. He is not preparing the players correctly. I think he is crippling the offense as well. Bobo can't be that terrible. A blind man could have saw that changes needed to be made to the passing game in the first half, but none came til after halftime. I honestly think Richt won't let Bobo adjust the gameplan until halftime, where he can be part of it, and make the decisions.

We've had two bad year and not shockingly it came at a time we've had to retool our program. We dont have Prince Miller, Reshad Jones, Asher Allen, Knowshon Moreno, Matt Stafford, Dannell Ellerbe, Jeff Owens, Geno Atkins, etc etc anymore.

The reason we have suffered is that we dont have the same talent. The future looks promising but having a 4/5 star rating doesnt mean much when the games actually start. And if anything, the offense has been the strong point of this team the last two years. I dont even wanna think about the record if it wasnt for the points we put up. And the reason those changes came after halftime is because we got down big. We werent doing much until that and then it opened up. Does it surprise you that we got way more aggressive when we had to make up points? Big risk, big reward. What do you say if Murray throws threw picks in the 1st half because hes throwing into double coverage right down the middle?

Thats not even the most important thing. If Richt wins out or goes 10-2 did he suddenly change his coaching style? Or is it way more likely that we had a bad game against a great team and the problem wasnt anything more than we just got outplayed on that day.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
coors wrote:

Wish I can do that.

We've had two bad year and not shockingly it came at a time we've had to retool our program. We dont have Prince Miller, Reshad Jones, Asher Allen, Knowshon Moreno, Matt Stafford, Dannell Ellerbe, Jeff Owens, Geno Atkins, etc etc anymore.

The reason we have suffered is that we dont have the same talent. The future looks promising but having a 4/5 star rating doesnt mean much when the games actually start. And if anything, the offense has been the strong point of this team the last two years. I dont even wanna think about the record if it wasnt for the points we put up. And the reason those changes came after halftime is because we got down big. We werent doing much until that and then it opened up. Does it surprise you that we got way more aggressive when we had to make up points? Big risk, big reward. What do you say if Murray throws threw picks in the 1st half because hes throwing into double coverage right down the middle?

Thats not even the most important thing. If Richt wins out or goes 10-2 did he suddenly change his coaching style? Or is it way more likely that we had a bad game against a great team and the problem wasnt anything more than we just got outplayed on that day.

The talent is still there. We have 7 rookies make NFL rosters this year I believe. Green, Durham, Boling, Dent, Dobbs, Houston, and I can't think of the 7th off the top of my head. Even with the talent, we haven't lived up to expectations. Not making the SEC Championship game since 05, even though we had an offense of Stafford, Knowshon, AJ, and MoMass among others. We are the only team in the country that has had a top 10 recruiting class each year in the past 10, and we are either third or fourth in total players in the NFL. We should be having a lot more success than we are.

I'm not talking about going down the field more in the second half. I actually liked pounding the ball in the first half. The yards started coming in the second quarter, and if we could have kept the game close, I'm sure Crowell would have broken some big plays. I'm mainly talking about the pass pro. It was evident in the first that we couldn't do simple 5 and 7 drops, yet we did over and over, and it caused the sacks, and the int. The passing game worked brilliantly in the second because we moved the pocket, rolled Murray out, moved to the I and did play action. It should have been an adjustment in the second quarter, when Murray wasn't getting any time. If we make those adjustments earlier, and put Mitchell on the field earlier, then we might have had a tie game, or even the lead at the half.

If Richt gets this team to 10-2, then I won't think any differently since we have what seems to be a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Carolina and Miss State at home. No Bama, LSU, or Arkansas. A down Florida and Auburn.

The one question I will leave you with, is when was the last time Richt actually outcoached a good team, and just didn't rely on talent to pull it out? Maybe Georgia Tech in 09?

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

The talent is still there. We have 7 rookies make NFL rosters this year I believe. Green, Durham, Boling, Dent, Dobbs, Houston, and I can't think of the 7th off the top of my head. Even with the talent, we haven't lived up to expectations. Not making the SEC Championship game since 05, even though we had an offense of Stafford, Knowshon, AJ, and MoMass among others. We are the only team in the country that has had a top 10 recruiting class each year in the past 10, and we are either third or fourth in total players in the NFL. We should be having a lot more success than we are.

I'm not talking about going down the field more in the second half. I actually liked pounding the ball in the first half. The yards started coming in the second quarter, and if we could have kept the game close, I'm sure Crowell would have broken some big plays. I'm mainly talking about the pass pro. It was evident in the first that we couldn't do simple 5 and 7 drops, yet we did over and over, and it caused the sacks, and the int. The passing game worked brilliantly in the second because we moved the pocket, rolled Murray out, moved to the I and did play action. It should have been an adjustment in the second quarter, when Murray wasn't getting any time. If we make those adjustments earlier, and put Mitchell on the field earlier, then we might have had a tie game, or even the lead at the half.

If Richt gets this team to 10-2, then I won't think any differently since we have what seems to be a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. Carolina and Miss State at home. No Bama, LSU, or Arkansas. A down Florida and Auburn.

The one question I will leave you with, is when was the last time Richt actually outcoached a good team, and just didn't rely on talent to pull it out? Maybe Georgia Tech in 09?

First off, Durham and Dobbs were never really difference makers at UGA and Dent wasnt either for a good part of his time there. And as I said, rankings dont mean much when the games actually start. In 4 years when we look back at the 2010 recruiting class as a whole, youll have as many 2-3 star guys making it to the NFL as 4-5 star guys.

And Murray was still getting sacked into the 3rd and 4th quarter. Half the sacks came in the 2nd half and there was still plenty of pressure, especially when we were driving in the 4th.

As far as beating good teams, it goes back to talent. You can say we had it and I disagree. You look at LSu and they went 8-5, 9-4 in 08 and 09 and now are back to contending for a title every year. Concerning SEC championship, who cares? We probably had the best team in the country, or at least the hottest in 07. Id take knowing we were top 2-3 in the country over that any day.

Lastly, basically what youre saying is it doesnt matter how good the team does this year because we already lost to Boise st. I disagree big time and wont judge the season or Richt off one game.
coors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cant wait to get some Taco Stand Very Happy

when I lived in Athens I had that as my diet multiple times a week lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

First off, Durham and Dobbs were never really difference makers at UGA and Dent wasnt either for a good part of his time there. And as I said, rankings dont mean much when the games actually start. In 4 years when we look back at the 2010 recruiting class as a whole, youll have as many 2-3 star guys making it to the NFL as 4-5 star guys.

And Murray was still getting sacked into the 3rd and 4th quarter. Half the sacks came in the 2nd half and there was still plenty of pressure, especially when we were driving in the 4th.

As far as beating good teams, it goes back to talent. You can say we had it and I disagree. You look at LSu and they went 8-5, 9-4 in 08 and 09 and now are back to contending for a title every year. Concerning SEC championship, who cares? We probably had the best team in the country, or at least the hottest in 07. Id take knowing we were top 2-3 in the country over that any day.

Lastly, basically what youre saying is it doesnt matter how good the team does this year because we already lost to Boise st. I disagree big time and wont judge the season or Richt off one game.

Dobbs shined at times during the preseason for San Diego. Why do you think that is? Why has Durham, Dent, and others that did not lead up to expectations in college, suddenly make teams in the NFL. Maybe they weren't coached to their fullest?

Yes Murray still goT sacked in the second half, but most of those were by products of the same ol 5 and 7 drops. I know Murray got sacked once from play action, but that was his fault. He didn't step up in the pocket, and just stood, taking too much time. Most of our yards that came from pass plays were the result of the play action and rolling Murray out of the pocket because the line was horrible.

I'm pretty sure most people care about the SEC Champoinship. I'd rather have that, then losing two disappointing games early in the season when it was clear that the team was not ready or prepared, and going to the Sugar Bowl and beating Hawaii. SEC=best conference in the nation, very prestigious, >not making it to championship game and playing in Sugar Bowl, and finishing #2-3 without any trophy. You bring up LSU, but they have two things that Georgia doesn't, and that's two national championships in the past 8 years. Something Georgia doesn't have. Miles has proven that he can win with another coach's talent, then build a program back with his players. All Richt has proven is that he can win with Jim Donnan's players, then put a program into the ground with his own.

Honestly, it almost doesn't matter what we do the rest of the way. We got embarrassed on national tv by a team that doesn't have half the talent we do. Richt got vastly outcoached, and the team looked undisciplined for most of the game. We now have a even bigger hole to dig out of now in terms of national perception, and that is something that does matter.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Dobbs shined at times during the preseason for San Diego. Why do you think that is? Why has Durham, Dent, and others that did not lead up to expectations in college, suddenly make teams in the NFL. Maybe they weren't coached to their fullest?

Yes Murray still goT sacked in the second half, but most of those were by products of the same ol 5 and 7 drops. I know Murray got sacked once from play action, but that was his fault. He didn't step up in the pocket, and just stood, taking too much time. Most of our yards that came from pass plays were the result of the play action and rolling Murray out of the pocket because the line was horrible.

I'm pretty sure most people care about the SEC Champoinship. I'd rather have that, then losing two disappointing games early in the season when it was clear that the team was not ready or prepared, and going to the Sugar Bowl and beating Hawaii. SEC=best conference in the nation, very prestigious, >not making it to championship game and playing in Sugar Bowl, and finishing #2-3 without any trophy. You bring up LSU, but they have two things that Georgia doesn't, and that's two national championships in the past 8 years. Something Georgia doesn't have. Miles has proven that he can win with another coach's talent, then build a program back with his players. All Richt has proven is that he can win with Jim Donnan's players, then put a program into the ground with his own.

Honestly, it almost doesn't matter what we do the rest of the way. We got embarrassed on national tv by a team that doesn't have half the talent we do. Richt got vastly outcoached, and the team looked undisciplined for most of the game. We now have a even bigger hole to dig out of now in terms of national perception, and that is something that does matter.

I think we are done. Its pretty clear we have two very different opinions of what going on at UGA. I will say though that you have revisionist history regarding Donnan. He started off strong then went through a stretch like Richt is having now. Funny thing is that Richt had success long after Donnan was gone and took a team that Donnan couldnt make better than 8-4 and Richt got 13-1 out of them two years later.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

I think we are done. Its pretty clear we have two very different opinions of what going on at UGA. I will say though that you have revisionist history regarding Donnan. He started off strong then went through a stretch like Richt is having now. Funny thing is that Richt had success long after Donnan was gone and took a team that Donnan couldnt make better than 8-4 and Richt got 13-1 out of them two years later.

I was in no way trying to say Donnan was a better coach than Richt. I'm just pointing out the fact that Richts best years at Georgia(besides 07) were done with Donnan's recruits.

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Richt is canned who are the top candidates for HC position.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 2 of 63

Jump to: