Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dominic Raiola Best Center?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cblion21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Dominic Raiola Best Center? Reply with quote

Do you guys think Dominic Raiola is a Top ten Center in the NFL?? If no, list some players better then him. Plus, where would you rank him? 11? 17?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't all that many really great centers around anymore.

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

...and after that I'm drawing a blank.

There are a lot of guys like Olin Kreutz and Dan Koppen who are really quite average but get lauded as great centers because of their longevity.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
eyyee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

5. Faine

Noooo...just no.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominic Raiola Best Center? Reply with quote

cblion21 wrote:
Do you guys think Dominic Raiola is a Top ten Center in the NFL?? If no, list some players better then him. Plus, where would you rank him? 11? 17?

He may be top ten due to the weakness of the position but that doesn't mean he is good.

Guy is just average.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyyee wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

5. Faine

Noooo...just no.
See what I mean?

#RunTheEast
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominic Raiola Best Center? Reply with quote

cblion21 wrote:

Umm...how do I put this nicely? Hell no. He's nowhere near the level of guys like Nick Mangold, Alex Mack, or even Maurkice Pouncey. And you could even throw Jeff Saturday in that mix as well.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

There are a lot of guys like Olin Kreutz and Dan Koppen who are really quite average but get lauded as great centers because of their longevity.

Shaun O'Hara deserves a spot in there somewhere, but I beleive he is still looking for a new team.

I would probably put Chris Myers quite high on a list even though he is not highly thought of league wide. Nick Hardwick is another. Jason Brown out in STL is a guy I would rank above Raiola and Ryan Kalil is probably on the same level.

Raiola is a mid-level center, probably ranking somewhere between 15 and 20 in the NFL.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
cblion21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Dominic Raiola Best Center? Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
cblion21 wrote:

Umm...how do I put this nicely? Hell no. He's nowhere near the level of guys like Nick Mangold, Alex Mack, or even Maurkice Pouncey. And you could even throw Jeff Saturday in that mix as well.

Thank you. Trying to prove a point to a member I wont name. He says He is Top Ten and one best in NFL. I said same thing...No way!! He is our worst starter. Maybe Peterman is worse. And we need to upgrade. But he is in love with Raiola and thinks he is one of the best and wont give reasons.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

Shaun O'Hara deserves a spot in there somewhere, but I beleive he is still looking for a new team.

I would probably put Chris Myers quite high on a list even though he is not highly thought of league wide. Nick Hardwick is another. Jason Brown out in STL is a guy I would rank above Raiola and Ryan Kalil is probably on the same level.

Raiola is a mid-level center, probably ranking somewhere between 15 and 20 in the NFL.
O'Hara is recovering from surgeries on both feet. Who knows if he'll ever be the same again?

#RunTheEast
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
khodder wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

O'Hara is recovering from surgeries on both feet. Who knows if he'll ever be the same again?

Yeah. The guy's old and he played pretty poorly down the stretch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

I'd argue Birk fits into this category at this point.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
footballfan39

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

Shaun O'Hara hasn't been a probowl quality player since sometime in 2009. Even before his injuries in 2010 he wasn't looking too good.

On the other hand David Baas might have a chance at being a top 10 or even top 5 center. Playing next to Chris Snee and David Diehl and being coached by Pat Flaherty will help. The guy can maul defensive players in space.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Comparison material here. Away we go.
wolfgang1983

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

1. Mangold
2. Mack
3. Pouncey
4. Saturday
5. Faine
6. Birk
7. Meester

hell yea, Chris Meyers I would rank just under Mangold at this point. IMO hes that good.

Kalil, Pouncey, Mack, O'Hara, Brown, Saturday are all also easily above Dominic

since we are talking underrated centers I would pretty easily put Lyle Sendlein over Raiola, hes been doing a good job in Arizona for a few years with little help and no recognition

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody knows Amano is the best center in the league. Quit fighting it, just accept it.

But seriously, I think one thing working against Raiola here is his age. I'm not saying he's old and busted, but he's not on the way up anymore either, imo. I think people factor in potential when they rank players, and you figure a guy that's been in the league ten years has probably about reached his potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: