Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ID08's 2016 Giants' Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: ID08's 2016 Giants' Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Let Walk:
Cullen Jenkins DE
George Selvie DE
Reuben Randle WR
Cooper Taylor SS
Brandon Mosley OL
Markus Kuhn DT
Craig Dahl FS
Hakeem Nicks WR
Jerome Cunningham TE
Brandon Merriweather SS
Larry Donnell TE

Resign List:

Jason Pierre Paul: We should definitely resign him, and it won't take as much anymore to resign him. Still a talented pass rusher, JPP will receive an incentive laden deal. A good player, and with a better interior D-Line he could get back to double digit sack player.

Prince Amukamara: One of the best cover corners in the NFL. With a talented FS, and another talented defensive linemen would fix our D. Prince and DRC are not the problem on defense. They are one of the best CB duos in the NFL when healthy. A top flight corner, and will get paid like one this offseason by us.

Robert Ayers: He's getting old, but he's still effective. Often injured, but he can still contribute as rotational player. Seeing how this offseason is extremely weak in the EDGE department (both in FA and in the Draft), re-signing Ayers as rotational player will help us as a team.

CUT List:
Rashad Jennings HB - One of the least talented starting HB in the NFL.
Jon Beason MLB – Too often injured, productive when he gets on the field. But is never on the field to help our team. Time to move on.
Andre Williams HB – Not very talented at all. Time to move on.
Victor Cruz WR – Cruz would likely take a pay cut to stay a Giant, but I could see us justifying moving on from Cruz all together.
Will Beatty OT – Time to move on, too highly paid to be regularly on the sideline in street clothes.

Free Agent Signings:

FS Eric Berry – 6’0” 212lbs – Kansas City Chiefs
Deal: 5 Years $49.5Million Total $9.9M/Year $17M Signing Bonus $3.4M/Year
Base Salary: Signing Bonus: Other Bonus: Total:
$2,500,000 $3,400,000 $500,000 $6,400,000
$4,500,000 $3,400,000 $500,000 $8,400,000
$6,500,000 $3,400,000 $500,000 $10,400,000
$8,000,000 $3,400,000 $500,000 $11,400,000
$9,500,000 $3,400,000 $500,000 $12,900,000
Berry is one of the best safeties in the NFL, and is absolutely on top of every safety needy team in the NFL this offseason. Outside of cancer, Berry hasn’t really missed significant throughout his career except for 2011 where he missed the whole season. Berry has come back strong from cancer, and thanks to his prior dominance it’s not hard to believe if he’ll keep it up next season. Acquiring Berry would boost the backend of our defense tremendously and would allow us to let Collins hit some people around the line of scrimmage, which he does absolutely best. Berry will be only 27 at the start of next season and this contract will take him through his age 32 season. Having a top flight safety in his prime, can change game-plans and make the defense as a whole better.

DE/EDGE Nick Perry – 6’3” 265lbs – Green Bay Packers
Deal: 3 Years $15 Million Total $5M/Year $6M Signing Bonus $2M/Year
$2,000,000 $2,000,000 $500,000 $4,000,000
$3,000,000 $2,000,000 $500,000 $5,000,000
$4,000,000 $2,000,000 $500,000 $6,000,000
Perry has been out of position since he was drafted in 2012. He is still a talented pass rusher with good playing strength. The move to LDE (what I thought was his natural position coming out of school) which would allow him to just get after the passer and chase straight after the runner on run plays would allow him to use his athleticism. Could rotate in with Ayers, and maybe winning a full-time starters role if he plays well. Going to be a thin class in free agency and the draft for EDGE rushers. Nick Perry is a low risk high reward type chance, that we can find our LDE of the future if he works out. If he doesn’t then oh well. Time to move on. Give him a chance, and let him play in a new place. He’s only 25 so he could be a player moving forward.

TE Dwayne Allen – 6’3” 265lbs – Indianapolis Colts
Deal: 4 Year $28.5M Total $7.125/Year $12.5M Signing Bonus $3.125/Year
$2,000,000 $3,125,000 $500,000 $5,125,000
$3,000,000 $3,125,000 $500,000 $6,125,000
$5,000,000 $3,125,000 $500,000 $8,125,000
$6,000,000 $3,125,000 $500,000 $9,125,000
Allen is one of the best blocking TE’s in football. He’s also a talented pass catcher. He’s an above average route runner, and has good solid hands for the position. Allen is one of the better all around TE’s in the league and so a decent contract that would put him in the overall top half of the NFL in terms of TE contracts. Allen would be a good fit in the Giants’ offense. Great in traffic he was Andrew Luck’s safety net for a long time until Fleener took his position after that injury. Now that he’s healed he’s been a clutch pass catcher as the #2 TE for the Colts. But he deserves a starting spot some where in the league. Why not to a team that sorely needs a good TE like the Giants? Would fit well in New York with Eli throwing him passes.

OT Mitchell Schwartz – 6’5 317lbs – Cleveland Browns
Deal: 4 Year $23M Total $6.5/Year $10M Signing Bonus $2.5M/Year
$500,000 $2,500,000 $3,000,000
$3,000,000 $2,500,000 $5,500,000
$4,000,000 $2,500,000 $6,500,000
$5,500,000 $2,500,000 $8,000,000
After moving on from Will Beatty the Giants are going to need a RT to let Ereck Flowers has shown a lot at potential at the LT position. It would behoove us to cut Beatty and go after a Right Side protector, to let Flowers develop on the blind side. This Schwartz is one of the most underrated RT’s in the NFL. Could be paid like one this offseason. Would be a good fit at RT in the Giants’ offense.

OG Alvin Bailey – 6’3” 320lbs – Seattle Seahawks
Deal: 3 Year $10M Total $3.3/Year $3M Signing Bonus $1M/Year
$1,500,000 $1,000,000 $2,500,000
$2,500,000 $1,000,000 $3,500,000
$3,000,000 $1,000,000 $4,000,000
Bailey has been seen as a high upside guard for some time now. He was likely to start for the Seahawks this year before he didn’t show enough and was thrown into a heated battle. He could come in and compete for the RG spot against Geoff Schwartz. If Schwartz doesn’t show improvement, we may have found his replacement with Alvin Bailey.

HB Lamar Miller – 5’10” 225lbs – Miami Dolphins
Deal: 4 Year $20M Total $5/Year $8M Signing Bonus $2M/Year
$1,000,000 $2,000,000 $3,000,000
$2,000,000 $2,000,000 $4,000,000
$4,000,000 $2,000,000 $6,000,000
$5,000,000 $2,000,000 $7,000,000
Miller is on his way to a second straight 1,000 Yard season, but now he’s posting top flight receiving numbers for his position. One of the shiftiest runners in the NFL, Miller adds explosiveness to any offense. His size to speed combo allow him to stay healthy and he’s still young. Will only be 25 next season, and will show the fact that he hasn’t been used that often in the league yet. Doesn’t have a ton of mileage on him, and is not injury prone. Would add a nice reliable weapon in the backfield for Eli.

NFL Draft:

1.22) DT Kenny Clark – 6’3” 310lbs – University of California, Los Angeles
NFL Comparison: Brandon Mebane DT Seattle Seahawks
Clark is my second ranked defensive tackle in this class behind Nkemdiche, and that’s saying something considering the talent available. Clark is an aggressive pass rusher, who collapses the pocket using his superior athleticism and strength to bully interior lineman. He has been producing pretty well as a pass rusher, and has been stout against the run as well. One of the best interior lineman in the country this year. Could be placed next Hankins, and help who ever is placed on the outside with how much attention the interior is getting from lineman. Will pretty much change the outlook of our run defense when he’s in the game with Hankins. And will improve our Pass Rush as well.

2.53) WR Corey Davis – 6’3” 205lbs – Western Michigan University
NFL Comparison: Keenan Allen WR San Diego Chargers
Davis should be one of the first three receivers taken in the draft, but for some odd reason no one is talking about this guy. Actually, no one is even discussing him in their 10 WR Rankings. Which is odd to me. Let’s start talking about him with the physical stuff. This guy is pretty tall, long, athletic, has big hands, and to top it off he’s got the unexpected speed to burn defensive backs for huge plays over the top. But don’t think that this guy is all talent no skill. Davis is probably one of the top route runners in college football, and great with the ball in his hand after a catch. Oh, and speaking of hands, this guys has literal black holes for hands. He doesn’t drop passes for a lack of concentration. He dominates his lower competition (non-Power Conference) even with horrendous QB play. In a pretty deep receiver class, a player like Davis is likely to fall due to his “lack of competition”. But against Michigan State, Davis had 8 catches for 131 yards and a TD. Davis’ diverse route running skills make him a great fit for the Giants’ offense. With Cruz still struggling to return, and Randle maybe leaving for somewhere where there are more touches for him; pairing Davis with OBJ wouldn’t just mitigate those loses, they could potentially make it like it didn’t even matter.

3.85) MLB Tyler Matakevich – 6’1” 235lbs – Temple University
NFL Comparison: Chris Borland MLB Retired (San Francisco 49ers)
A superb leader on defense, as he has been the unquestioned heart and sous of the Owls top notch D this year. Great in pass coverage, Matakevich is excellent at dropping back into zones and covering TE’s in man. He’s also fantastic at reading plays as they’re happening and can rip through offensive lineman with good strength in his taking on of blocks. Could be a very great addition to the defense as he can allow us to get rid of Jon Beason, and find our defensive captain and leader for the next decade with this selection.

4.117) CB Mackensie Alexander – 5’11” 195lbs – Clemson University
NFL Comparison: Walter Thurmond III CB Philadelphia Eagles
Alexander is a talented cover corner with some good hips and good agility. Could be exactly what Hosley was supposed to turn into. A top notch slot corner back. Something all teams need considering how much teams use the slot in today’s NFL. He’s a sound tackler so he we won’t get beaten often on broken tackles.

5.149) WR Leonte Carroo – 6’1” 205lbs – Rutgers University
NFL Comparison: James Jones WR Green Bay Packers
An uber talented route runner with great hands. He’s great at going over the middle and making the tough catches. A player with a troubled past, and a no nonsense coach like Tom Coughlin would keep his head on straight. If Cruz is moved this offseason, then the Giants have insurance with this guy as the future in the slot. He does all the things Cruz does, and he’s not as big of an injury risk moving forward. OBJ-Davis-Carroo would be a young and supremely deadly receiving corps for the foreseeable future.

6.181) HB Kenyan Drake – 6'1” 215lbs – University of Alabama
NFL Comparison: No Comps
An electrifying runner that has suffered through some unfortunate injuries throughout his college career. One of the fastest, most elusive guys in the college game right now Drake can make plays catching the ball out of the backfield or on outside runs or screens. Drake would can also add another 10-15lbs of leg muscle if he wants to become healthier and become one of the better weapons in the league. Drake's combination of size and speed make him a tantalizing prospect. Imagine Eli with OBJ-Davis-Carroo-Allen-Miller-Drake-Vereen catching passes. Could be a great pass catching group going forward. Good news is they are all relatively young and will be controllable for the foreseeable future on team friendly deals.

7.213) OL Jonah Austin - 6’6” 330lbs - Nicholls State University
NFL Comparison: “Poor Man’s” Jahri Evans OG New Orleans Saints
Jonah Austin is a lineman who can play any position on the offensive lines. He’s versatile, and is talented enough to be a competent back up at any position on the line. Austin could be a talented 6th lineman that every team needs. Can definitely help in the future once he’s groomed for that position. Good run blocker, that needs help in working on his pass protection. After transferring from LSU, Austin could be looking to get his life together. Tom Coughlin is a type of guy to take these kinds of players and keep them in check, thanks to his no nonsense type of persona.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see us cutting beatty and cruz outright. They will def attempt to restructure both and if that doesn’t work then they cut them.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnell will be resigned. It just doesn't make sense to let him walk. He's is one of the cheapest serviceable tight ends in the league. I wouldn't want to pay Dwayne Allen that much money either. He's a backup TE with an injury history. I can't see him getting too much more production than our TEs have over the last few years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Donnell will be resigned. It just doesn't make sense to let him walk. He's is one of the cheapest serviceable tight ends in the league. I wouldn't want to pay Dwayne Allen that much money either. He's a backup TE with an injury history. I can't see him getting too much more production than our TEs have over the last few years.

Donnell has nott been serviceable this year, he's been pretty atrocious, I think Allen would be very good in our O

And @ OP the one pic scared me.. thought you were gonna say Greg Hardy lmao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:

Let's not act like he's not extremely gifted. Fleener is a better vertical receiver, which is what the Colts like using their TE's for. Allen is literally perfect for our offense, he's am excellent blocker, and a reliable pass catcher in the middle of the field. Doesn't shy away from contact and is a pretty good player overall. His injuries haven't been consistently one thing unless I am mistaken.
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a big cap increase this coming offseason I generally think your're contract values are too low, especially for Berry and Miller. I can't see Miller accepting "only" $5M per year avg value when i'm sure someone out there will give him a great big signing bonus.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
with a big cap increase this coming offseason I generally think your're contract values are too low, especially for Berry and Miller. I can't see Miller accepting "only" $5M per year avg value when i'm sure someone out there will give him a great big signing bonus.

Well considering Berry would be the second highest paid FS in the NFL (only coming up 100K short of Earl Thomas' 4 Year 40M contract) on a yearly basis. I think it'd be enough to sign Berry, but if he wants more I don't mind at all considering we have close to 60M in cap space (if we restructure Beatty and Cruz, and Cut Beason), and maybe even more than that. I don't mind jumping off Miller if he asks for too much. We could add a complementary back to Vereen instead.

Also maybe I should give Berry more Guaranteed money.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be real Berry is on a nasty defense with the team that drafted him and stuck by him through his cancer, why would he come here to play with these bums? I think he stays in KC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wayyyyy too much money for Dwayne Allen, he will definitely come cheaper than that. Love the idea of getting Berry but I can't imagine KC not franchising him. Solid mock offseason overall, nice job.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elitist10 wrote:
Let's be real Berry is on a nasty defense with the team that drafted him and stuck by him through his cancer, why would he come here to play with these bums? I think he stays in KC

Yeah it'd just be pretty awesome to have him. Dreamers dream big man Wink

So what you guys think us being in the hunt for Gipson is more plausible?
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:

Yeah it'd just be pretty awesome to have him. Dreamers dream big man Wink

So what you guys think us being in the hunt for Gipson is more plausible?

Probably more likely, I pray we get 1 of them, or even Eric Weddle if we can't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: