Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Damontre Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

So, I keep hearing people talk about how badly we need an infusion of talent on the DL. So, it got me thinking, what about Damontre Moore? He had a bunch of hype behind him before his draft year and folks were ecstatic when we drafted him, but it seems people soured on him.

Just some background info on the guy:

Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
Weight: 250 lb (113 kg)

Stats:

GS: 0
Tackles: 32
Sacks: 5.5

This was drafted as a 20 year old I believe. He has had 2 years worth of seasoning. On the surafce, his stats seem serviceable and he seems like a piece that can be utilized well by Spags. He seems to be slightly younger and have better measurables than Shane Ray. My question is why does it seem like people overlook him?

Its usually a given that 3rd and 4th rounders need 2-3 years worth of wok before they can contribute. Why aren't we giving this guy the same break?

My question to you is where do you stand?
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna have a double digit sack season this year. He's got too much natural talent for Spags not to find a way to use him.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think anyone has soured on him, if anything we've all wanted to see more of him and wondered why we haven't. it was common knowledge that he wasn't big enough these past two years to be an everydown end because he was too light and wasn't good against the run.

my problem is that Fewell, for whatever reason, just couldn't figure out how to get his best talent on the field. who cares if the only time he was in the game was when you just told him to get to the quarterback? the seahawks did that with Bruce Irvin his rookie year and he ended up with high double digit sacks IIRC. the point is, it doesn't matter if he's situational, make the offense account for him and let him use his talent to beat the adjustment. the adjustment might also free up someone else to make a play. this is why i'm excited to see Spags get his hands on him.

just god awfully maddening that we get to his third year and he is for all intents and purposes, still an unknown quantity.
.sean.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was undersized and raw when we got him - physically and technically. He's made great progress these past two years. He's still growing but if he keeps making the progress he has each year, he's gonna be a very good player. He wasn't a pick in the mold of what we drafted this year with early contributor's, he needed time, he's gotten it, and next year is his time.

He didn't play enough this year before injuries to Kiwanuka and Ayers. He should've started over Kiwi (as should've Ayers and Wynn). The Giants and Fewell were too obsessed with his ability to play 2 gaps against the run. His unwillingness to adapt scheme around talent (or inability) is why I'm glad he's gone.

He's got a good get off, good fluidity, and an outstanding motor. He's gotten and getting stronger and learning to use his hands and work counter moves. Most importantly, he has the physical ability and I think he wants to maximize it. I have high hopes for him next year.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another DE because it's a pretty deep pass rush class, but I definitely don't think its a need if JPP is back - I really like all 4 of our guys (JPP, Moore, Ayers, Wynn). Spags should get the most out of these guys I think, finally. The ability is there.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love ayers hankins and moore on our line. Just no one else and you know we'll have injuries.

Hoping to bring in someone like jerry hughes (that caliber type) and a nick fairley defensive tackle.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuck and Umenyiora didn't really break out until their 3rd years. But, I really wish I had seen more from Moore this year. From what I've seen, it's tough for me to put all our eggs in that basket. If we don't get a passrusher, and if Moore fails to break out, our defense is going to suck again. We need to hedge our bets and invest in another passrusher. And if both Moore and the new guy pan out? Well, you know what they say about having too many passrushers. Wink

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp with Spags at the helm this kid is going to get his chances. If he can't produce this season then we can go ahead and consider him a bust. But I think he breaks out this year.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have broken out this year if he was actually given playing time. His pass rushing productivity was top-2 I believe for 2nd year players this past year.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: