Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Look Ahead to 2015.... (Draft added - subject to change)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: A Look Ahead to 2015.... (Draft added - subject to change) Reply with quote

After last nights game, i highly doubt we finish this season with much positive let alone enough bodys to even finish a game. Its clear to me that 2014 is now just a flop. There's a few positives and i stress few. Ill start off with the good news.

Odell Beckham Jr.: This kid talent-wise is the best WR ive seen on this squad probably ever. Ive never seen a kid whom is rangy, elusive and just goes to top flight speed in 1 to 2 steps. Crisp route runner with hands like sticky traps. He is without a doubt a game changer. I wont lie like most of us I myself was frustrated with the injury in preseason and having to wait for him to come on but man this guy is something special.

Eli Manning: Heres why..hes been battered in recent games, he has his top guns hurt, his oline has been good then awful to put it lightly.. yet Eli has a passer rating of 96.8 with 14 TDs and 5 INTs .. Its not this guys fault hes got men injured, and a WR corps whom seems to drops passes that hit them in the numbers routinely. He needs support. That said hes picked up his game and played more solid as a QB for us than last yr.

Rashad Jennings / Larry Donnell: Both have been solid for us when we didnt no what to expect from either of them. Donnell is still growing into his position. An extremely difficult transition for a guy whom was a former QB from a small school college. Jennings has been a workhorse for us out of the backfield and gives Eli a safety valve to throw to.

Weston Richburg: I dont no what the status is of the injury from last night but this kid has been a bright spot for us. He has to play center for us because thats his natural position. Despite that hes been good if not arguably our best o-lineman this season as rookie.

Big Hank / Robert Ayers: Hankins is gonna be a pro bowler, its only a matter of time for him as hes really locked down one of the DT spots. Robert Ayers u could make an argument has been our most consistent if best overall DE. Guy is just disruptive seemingly everytime hes on the field.

Ok the NEGATIVES...

Theres so many to list I dont no where to begin, i think i wanna start with how Perry Fewell plays bend AND break defence. Ive never held my breath praying so badly for a stop on 3rd down like this year. It is just horrible pass coverage down the middle. The defensive line hasnt generated any sortve of pass rush until they began 6-7 men up front like they did against Luck night.

I still like Ben McAdoo but 3rd & 15 u run a draw play? Hes showing how much of a rookie OC he is. I think hes learning even as hes goes along himself considering hes never been a offensive coordinator before. Overall hes done good, but he for damn sure has to use his weapons better and call plays that get u down field in 3rd and longs unlike last night.

Tom Coughlin. Thanks for the memories. Sorry but after how upset the Mara family was after last season with how they said our offense was broken and Kevin Gilbride got the axe.. Guess what Tom's regime is next after game 16. This team needs a new man to take over the reigns on the sidelines and I think Tom's staring his final season in the face.

Jerry Reese.. oh yes ur not off the hook at all son. This was your last class of kids that you drafted as the Giants GM. Failures in Clint Sintim, Marvin Austin, injury prone and inconsistent Jerrel Jernigan, Will Beatty with an overinflated contract, injury prone Jon Beason now with an overinflated contract. YEA GOOD FRIGGON BYE.

2 0 1 5 ...

New head coach with a new regime, possibly keeping McAdoo or not. The only man i can think of whom is gonna get a phone call at least off the top of my head is Bill Cowher or the DC from Arizona, Todd Bowles. New GM .. that i have no clue whom we take.

Players Going

Cullen Jenkins, sorry guys too old.

Markus Kuhn, worthless

JPP.. got a feeling we let him go, just hasnt become the player we wanted since the back injurys. hasnt been the same force for a long time now. its time to part ways.

Walter Thurmond.. heck of a 1yr rental for 2 games. Thanks JR.

Jerrel Jernigan, ya cya Sinorice 2.0

Stevie Brown.. just up and down.

Mark Herzlich.. see Kuhn.

Jayron Hosley.. needs no explanation.

Cooper Taylor.. cant stay healthy

Antrel Rolle.. tough cut but this is a cap move. and a youth movement as well

Players coming in

S - Louis Delmas
OLB - Sean Weatherspoon
DT - Ndamukong Suh (maybe Smile )

2015 NFL Draft Class-

#1 - Shawn Oakman DE / Baylor - This was one of the hardest calls ive had to make in the 1st round. I had so much leaning towards a guy like Vic Beasley Jr. and even Landon Collins. The more I broke it down the more I just think we have a severe lack at pass rush. Kiwi wont be with us next yr I can almost gurantee. JPP if hes with us (doubtful) would still need another man to help him out. Ultimately the way I saw Oakman was as a guy whom gives us huge options. Hes a pass rusher for starters, he can line up inside at DT (and spell Hankins or Suh if we magically get him) or hes athletic enough to be a skyscraper sized OLB for us in special situations.

#2 - Bernardrick McKinney LB / Ole Miss - Is there any other team in the NFL right now crying for a stud LB more than us?... Let it finally be said here we draft a LB high.

#3 - Tre' Jackson OG / FSU - We still need one more guy to solidfy this oline, I think with 2 solid guards like Schwartz and plug in Jackson out of FSU and have Richburg at his natural position of center, I think this is the right way to go.

#4- Jeremy Cash S / Duke - We need help in the back end of the defence as weve seen nothing other than average play at best. Antrel may not be with us next yr and Quintin Demps hasn't done anything to brag about.

#5 - Jeremy Langford RB / Michigan St. - I think we lose Peyton Hillis after this season so to be able to see a guy like Langford possibly slip thru the cracks at this point would be tremendous value and good ST and rotational play with Jennings and Andre

#6 - BPA
#7 - BPA
#7 - BPA

Last edited by bigbluefan80 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants are not firing Jerry Reese. We had 5 GM's in our entire history and Reese has been the GM for 2 Superbowl winners. No General Manager is perfect.

We have to at least allow Reese to pick his own head coach.

Sean Weatherspoon cannot stay healthy. Do not want
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Giants are not firing Jerry Reese. We had 5 GM's in our entire history and Reese has been the GM for 2 Superbowl winners. No General Manager is perfect.

If thats the case where Spoon cant stay healthy, and Reese is GM he's ideal then for us (see Beason) LOL
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be cheap coming off his torn Achilles. Could be decent depth
mlv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Reese is not going anywhere and deservedly so. Not all of his free agents work out, so what? No one bats 1.000. Beatty's and Beason's contracts aren't great. but theyre not crippling, either. The man knows talent. He does not miss in the first round. Reese is a top 5 GM in this league, with some mix of Thompson, Newsome, Belichick, and pick your fifth guy. If the Giants were ever dumb enough to fire him, some other team would hire him in about 2 seconds.

I think the only guy that Reese signed this offseason that isn't hurt and/or on IR is Ayers (who's been GREAT). As much as I want Coughlin gone (and I want him gone badly), this team needs to have a little luck on their side and not sustain injuries at the catastrophic rate they do seemingly every year.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
Jerry Reese is not going anywhere and deservedly so. Not all of his free agents work out, so what? No one bats 1.000. Beatty's and Beason's contracts aren't great. but theyre not crippling, either. The man knows talent. He does not miss in the first round. Reese is a top 5 GM in this league, with some mix of Thompson, Newsome, Belichick, and pick your fifth guy. If the Giants were ever dumb enough to fire him, some other team would hire him in about 2 seconds.

I think the only guy that Reese signed this offseason that isn't hurt and/or on IR is Ayers (who's been GREAT). As much as I want Coughlin gone (and I want him gone badly), this team needs to have a little luck on their side and not sustain injuries at the catastrophic rate they do seemingly every year.

Maybe strength/conditioning coach? I don't understand how by the end of every year we will have 90%* of our starting roster on IR

*Statistic may be inaccurate.
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every team has injuries. This year is no different. We just got most them of them at two specific areas (WR and CB)
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Every team has injuries. This year is no different. We just got most them of them at two specific areas (WR and CB)

don't forget OL, where now 2 of 5 projected starters are/remain on the shelf
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Acgott wrote:

don't forget OL, where now 2 of 5 projected starters are/remain on the shelf

At the same position too. RB as well. Jennings has been out for a while and we lost Wilson forever before the season started. Peyton Hillis may actually be our best RB right now.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
mlv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
mlv wrote:

Maybe strength/conditioning coach? I don't understand how by the end of every year we will have 90%* of our starting roster on IR

*Statistic may be inaccurate.

Are you sure? That looks like a conservative estimate to me, lol.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a telling stat on a different forum this morning. Reese has drafted a whopping 3 probowlers during his time here. And countless busts. He deserves blame.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:
Acgott wrote:

If thats the case where Spoon cant stay healthy, and Reese is GM he's ideal then for us (see Beason) LOL

You keep on hating Reese getting Beason but we got great value for him. I'll keep saying it as long as you keep bashing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I saw a telling stat on a different forum this morning. Reese has drafted a whopping 3 probowlers during his time here. And countless busts. He deserves blame.

He definitely deserves blame, but we won't fire him
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we go praising Eli too much, this stat from the ESPN power rankings worried me

Quote:
Eli Manning was 0-for-7 on throws more than 20 yards downfield Monday. This season, he has completed 3 of 24 deep attempts (13 percent). The only quarterback with a worse percentage? Geno Smith (12 percent).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to the OP, Weston Richburg has not been a bright spot for us. He's been a part of an offensive line that has gotten zero push up the middle for all but two games this year. He's just a rookie and hopefully he gets better. But to say that he has been a bright spot is a huge stretch of the imagination.

In my opinion, the season is over. There are two big reasons. The first is that the offensive line has not been upgraded. Different faces, same results. Some of the blame goes to the much heralded Pat Flaherty. You can't win without a running game, and the running game starts with the offensive line. The second reason is that the Giants have once again been very unlucky with injuries. Who know how the line would look with Shwartz instead of Jerry? Losing Jennings and having to rely on a slow footed rookie also affected the running game. Losing Cruz was a huge blow. Beckham has a ton of promise, as does Donnell, but both are young and inexperienced. We needed Cruz to be a reliable threat in the passing game. Randle is a bum. And now we're down 3 of our top 4 corners. Beason, once again out. So to recap... Top wide receiver, top running back, starting middle linebacker, starting guard, and 3 of our top 4 corners. Just our luck.

I don't know why Fewell is getting so much heat after last night's game. I liked the gameplan, and it worked great in the first half. They were very aggressive and didn't let Luck sit back and be comfortable. It was the Giants offense that cost them the game. They kept the defense on the field, and in bad field position for much of the first half. They couldn't do it the entire game, but maybe if the Giants had sustained a drive for more than 3 plays, the defense would have a bit more energy. That said, some guys on defense have been major disappointments. JPP is clearly not back from the injury.

I see us finishing 7-9 or 6-10. It won't be enough to save Coughlin's job this time around. The question is whether Reese gets to bring in his own HC, or if he takes the fall as well. There are some young pieces with promise, but we'll be seeing large roster turnover for the second straight offseason.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: