Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9819
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9221310/nfl-draft-jerry-jones-stunting-dallas-progress

Quote:
The Cowboys are 128-128 in the past 16 seasons with one playoff win. Dallas isn't close to challenging the 49ers for NFC supremacy. The Cowboys aren't the gold standard of anything other than how to build an audacious stadium with a distractingly large video board.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9859
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9221310/nfl-draft-jerry-jones-stunting-dallas-progress

Quote:
The Cowboys are 128-128 in the past 16 seasons with one playoff win. Dallas isn't close to challenging the 49ers for NFC supremacy. The Cowboys aren't the gold standard of anything other than how to build an audacious stadium with a distractingly large video board.


Ladies and gentlemen...America's Team!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3554
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9221310/nfl-draft-jerry-jones-stunting-dallas-progress

Quote:
The Cowboys are 128-128 in the past 16 seasons with one playoff win. Dallas isn't close to challenging the 49ers for NFC supremacy. The Cowboys aren't the gold standard of anything other than how to build an audacious stadium with a distractingly large video board.


Ladies and gentlemen...America's Team!


why stop with that?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/28/jerry-jones-wants-tony-romo-to-work-like-peyton-manning/

Quote:
Jones said he and Cowboys coach Jason Garrett would love to see Romo spend the majority of his waking hours at the team facility.


of course? why wouldn't you give somebody $100M whose work ethic you don't respect? Laughing

Two best quotes from comments:
Quote:
For once Jerry is correct.


Quote:
Meanwhile, Tony Romo wants Jerry Jones to work more like an owner and hire a real general manager.

_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 43063
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to New Yorkers to take a quote completely out of context and infer that Romo is lazy and has no work ethic Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19901
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Leave it to New Yorkers to take a quote completely out of context and infer that Romo is lazy and has no work ethic Rolling Eyes


Ok put it in context then. What exactly is Jurrah inferring with that statement?
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15462
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys are doing what the Jets did with Sanchez. Paying your QB more money won't make him a better quarterback. They're confusing cause and effect.

Jerruh is just saying that now that he's given Romo more money, he expects him to work less on his golf game, and more on football.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3554
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Leave it to New Yorkers to take a quote completely out of context and infer that Romo is lazy and has no work ethic Rolling Eyes


you're right 'Hatter, instead of taking it out of context, let's just take it from the horse's mouth: Wink

Quote:
“If Tony, for instance, would be here Monday through Saturday . . . from seven in the morning to six o’clock at night all over this place then that’s better than the way it’s been,” Jones said.

_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 9859
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Meanwhile, Tony Romo wants Jerry Jones to work more like an owner and hire a real general manager.


That right there is a 3rd degree burn Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4090
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9221310/nfl-draft-jerry-jones-stunting-dallas-progress

Quote:
The Cowboys are 128-128 in the past 16 seasons with one playoff win. Dallas isn't close to challenging the 49ers for NFC supremacy. The Cowboys aren't the gold standard of anything other than how to build an audacious stadium with a distractingly large video board.


Ladies and gentlemen...America's Team!


why stop with that?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/28/jerry-jones-wants-tony-romo-to-work-like-peyton-manning/

Quote:
Jones said he and Cowboys coach Jason Garrett would love to see Romo spend the majority of his waking hours at the team facility.


of course? why wouldn't you give somebody $100M whose work ethic you don't respect? Laughing

Two best quotes from comments:
Quote:
For once Jerry is correct.


Quote:
Meanwhile, Tony Romo wants Jerry Jones to work more like an owner and hire a real general manager.


Ouch!!! Laughing Why stop with that? Jerruh previously said that the biggest difference between the Giants and Dallas is Eli Cool

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/23/jerry-jones-eli-is-the-biggest-difference-between-giants-and-cowboys/
_________________


Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 10180
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 2009
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.


http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 10180
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.


http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.


So based on that he is top 5? Those prove nothing and using those stats for CBs are invalid. I guess i'll let this do the talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 2009
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.


http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.


So based on that he is top 5? Those prove nothing and using those stats for CBs are invalid. I guess i'll let this do the talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I



What I said was based on his stats he's top 5 at his position.

I get what you're saying about stats not being the end all be all but to say that stats prove nothing is a bit over the top. I agree that not all stats indicate a players performance. I myself have a different way of measuring stats when grading players that contains a correlation between stats and wins. I do think that Thomas was emerging as a top talent at his position, however, with the injuries and lack of field time I don't think he'll ever get back there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 10180
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.


http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.


So based on that he is top 5? Those prove nothing and using those stats for CBs are invalid. I guess i'll let this do the talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I



What I said was based on his stats he's top 5 at his position.

I get what you're saying about stats not being the end all be all but to say that stats prove nothing is a bit over the top. I agree that not all stats indicate a players performance. I myself have a different way of measuring stats when grading players that contains a correlation between stats and wins. I do think that Thomas was emerging as a top talent at his position, however, with the injuries and lack of field time I don't think he'll ever get back there.


I dont mean in general stats mean nothing. But those in my eyes prove nothing.

He was a pretty good corner at best, but i now way saw a top talent at the position. He was a great tackler but in coverage he would get beat quite often.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ny92jefferis


Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 2009
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.


http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.


So based on that he is top 5? Those prove nothing and using those stats for CBs are invalid. I guess i'll let this do the talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I



What I said was based on his stats he's top 5 at his position.

I get what you're saying about stats not being the end all be all but to say that stats prove nothing is a bit over the top. I agree that not all stats indicate a players performance. I myself have a different way of measuring stats when grading players that contains a correlation between stats and wins. I do think that Thomas was emerging as a top talent at his position, however, with the injuries and lack of field time I don't think he'll ever get back there.


I don't mean in general stats mean nothing. But those in my eyes prove nothing.

He was a pretty good corner at best, but i now way saw a top talent at the position. He was a great tackler but in coverage he would get beat quite often.


He wasn't a flash player. Lacked elite speed and at times seemed stiff in the hips. To his credit though from what I recall, he beat out Webster for the starter role in '10. The clip had him going up against some pretty solid receivers. Steve Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne.

I also noticed on some of those deep routes it looked like he should've had some safety support and it wasn't there but I'll give that he lacks elite speed to be a true shutdown corner. Personally, I saw him more of a zone / press cover corner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 50 of 73

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group