Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titwio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8217655/jerry-jones-tells-cowboys-fans-dallas-rip-new-york-giants

Lol at Jerry Jones talking smack.

Am i reading this right? Jerry wants to get back into the glory hole?

^Joe_is_the_best
bagh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to know the injury bug doesnt discriminate.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19698193/eagles-leading-sacker-babin-out-23-weeks-with-muscle-tear

Quote:
Eagles left defensive end Jason Babin could miss most of training camp with a partially torn muscle in his left calf.

An MRI exam revealed Babin has a second-degree strain, which occurred Saturday during a one-on-one pass-rushing drill against right tackle Todd Herremans.
titwio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants bug always seems to go for the jugular and ends up with season ending injuries. Would be nice if some of these injuries were the out for 2 to 3 weeks kind.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone is sacrificing to the injury gods like I am.

Meanwhile, according to aceinthehouse the Giants will struggle on offense because they don't have Brandon Jacobs anymore:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=495449&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I hope everyone is sacrificing to the injury gods like I am.

Meanwhile, according to aceinthehouse the Giants will struggle on offense because they don't have Brandon Jacobs anymore:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=495449&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

lol Jacobs was average at best all but one year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I do want a massive sig bet with giants fans for week 1. MASSIVE.

Has to be mano-y-mano - I don't want a massively lopsided bet

Uh oh. Jerry Jones guarantees an upset and the fanbase gets ballsy. No way they come into our house and steal the opener.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
I do want a massive sig bet with giants fans for week 1. MASSIVE.

Has to be mano-y-mano - I don't want a massively lopsided bet

Uh oh. Jerry Jones guarantees an upset and the fanbase gets ballsy. No way they come into our house and steal the opener.

Chatty bunch considering they got swept
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys posters attitude is what it is because they have more to gain than they do to lose. As the reigning Superbowl champs, the Giants are expected to win week one, so it's not going to be a big deal if they beat the Cowboys. On the other hand, if the Cowboys come in and pull an upset, that's something their fans would love to rub in our faces. And that's understandable. I'm sure they miss the glory hole days as much as Jerrah.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The Cowboys posters attitude is what it is because they have more to gain than they do to lose. As the reigning Superbowl champs, the Giants are expected to win week one, so it's not going to be a big deal if they beat the Cowboys. On the other hand, if the Cowboys come in and pull an upset, that's something their fans would love to rub in our faces. And that's understandable. I'm sure they miss the glory hole days as much as Jerrah.

Yea but if they are willing to put their sig spaces on the line I'm all for it. I see none of them have followed through and offered the bet yet though. Laughing

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another ring and just more talk about how the Cowboys and Eagles are the best of the NFC East. It's amazing. Anyone been over to the NFL General / Comparison threads? Everyone is posting these "my [inappropriate/removed] predictions" threads. I don't think any of them have us winning. I've seen 2 of them with us outside for top 10 on power rankings. One of them had us 17th!

Laughing
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Another ring and just more talk about how the Cowboys and Eagles are the best of the NFC East. It's amazing. Anyone been over to the NFL General / Comparison threads? Everyone is posting these "my [inappropriate/removed] predictions" threads. I don't think any of them have us winning. I've seen 2 of them with us outside for top 10 on power rankings. One of them had us 17th!

Laughing

The funny thing is that the Eagles aren't even as good as the Giants on paper this year. It's like the football world is becoming a parody of itself by pumping the Eagles tires yet again.

I do think the Cowboys are capable of competing this year, but obviously they've proved nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:

Laughing

It's not as bad as it was in the 2008 offseason. I counted and kept track of ~50 posters that had the Giants finishing third or worse in the division. A handful even had them finishing dead last. I made a thread about it calling all of them out when the Giants were on their way to 12-4, but it was locked because apparently accountability is frowned upon in this establishment.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

Laughing

The funny thing is that the Eagles aren't even as good as the Giants on paper this year. It's like the football world is becoming a parody of itself by pumping the Eagles tires yet again.

I do think the Cowboys are capable of competing this year, but obviously they've proved nothing.

Both the Eagles and Cowboys have extremely fragile players at key positions. Cowboys at RB (both of 'em) and the Eagles at QB. Could argue that Jackson is a bit fragile but that could be more slight than fragile Razz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:

Laughing

NFL General and NFL comparisons are not the best forums most of the time. I have noticed that the posters there make their predictions according to madden because the teams with the sexier players always seem to have the most hype around there.

I would MUCH rather fly under the radar rather than in the limelight. What a weird thing to say being in a NY market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 40 of 81

Jump to: