You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bledsoe deal is good
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree with the Bledsoe Signing?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 28 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

DatBoyRoy31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Bledsoe deal is good Reply with quote

This is how I see...
While Bledsoe isnt a franchise player he can still get the job done. He is 33, but come on he is 8 years younger then Vinny. While some are ready to forfeit the season, I think we can make a run at the playoffs. Did you see the run Bledsoe made in the second half? I believe our offense is better than the Bills. They dont have a solid TE we have a all star. They have Eric Moulds, We have Key and Glenn and soon probably another good wide out. Then JJ, who is the first run threat the boys have since what... 97. The real question will be the D, I know. We need to sneak a Lucas or a Smoot out of free agency, Then maybe a LB and I think Parcells can return us to #1 D form.

I know about Henson. I think we should've started him when we were out. Lets be honest he has got a great arm. Say Parcells leaves in 2 years, wouldnt it be great to have Norm Chow as head coach? I know he wants to be a College FB Coach but if we offer him the right amount he cant pass it up.

Im only 16 so be gentle and tell me what you guys think.
Battlelordz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice for any age, especially 16. I agree with you all the way, except maybe for Chow.

We go D all the way in FA/draft, sign a RT and a change of pace RB and we're there.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've asked two different questions in your thread title and the question of the poll.

If the Bledsoe deal good? Yes, his contract is extremely cap friendly.

Do I like the Bledso signing? I'm indifferent right now. I'm glad that the team signed a veteran early in the off-season to focus and a veteran to provide some guidance to Henson and Romo. On the other hand, I would like to just throw Henson to the wolves and see what he can do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Drew Hensen will only benefit from this! He hung around Vinny for a year and now with another veteran in Bledsoe. Both of these guys Have had a ton of experience. We all know Drew has a limited amount of experience, what a whopping 8 games in college, and a few hours in the NFL. Shocked Besides, Drew Bledsoe is injury prone, Hensen will get more chances in the future. Relax people, this is going to be great Very Happy
batteringram31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills offense wasn't that bad though. Bledsoe had his choice of weapons to pick from. McGahee in the backfield Eric Moulds at WR and don't forget about Lee Evans. I think that he had 1000 yards last year. I think that the Bills and Cowboys offenses are similar. Good, young running back. I don't think that Moulds is a possesion reciever but he moves the chains. And both teams have a speed WR Evans and Glenn. While the O-Line on both teams has a few holes, they are both pretty good. I think that Bledsoe will have pretty good success with Dallas.

In FA, we definately need to address the D.
CowboyYankee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sweapeelee... DREW BLEDSOE IS NOT INJURY PRONE!!!!
In 2001 he only got into 2 regular season games when he lost his job to Brady due to injury. IN HIS ELEVEN OTHER SEASONS HE'S AVERAGED 15.5 GAMES PER YEAR. Farve is probably the only QB to miss fewer games over that span.

I know is fun to get caught up in the Bledsoe bashing but lets keep our facts straight.
BornInDallas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I feel this Bledsoe thing is a GREAT move for us

I DUNNO WHY i JUST HAVE A FEELING....

Did you see that look in his eye at the press conference?

Talk about chip on the shoulders

he's going to light them up!!!! Laughing
JJones21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Im 15 but i agree with it but i believe we need just a little bit more than a cb and a lb to return to the number on defense. What i think parcells did wrong was he took a #1 defense and released some starters and and didnt get anyone to replace then like in the cb position when he got rid of mario edwards who did he get to replace him. Question

Soup Nazi wrote:
I say Roy will be a good player again next season. You can quote me on that.

I quoted you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Bledsoe Reply with quote

I think that signing Bledsoe is the 2nd best thing that the Cowboys could have done.

The 1st being to make a BLOCKBUSTER trade to get someone like Hassellback or Brees or if Lienert would've came out to try and trade up to get him.

Getting a franchise QB is very difficult to do. And the franchise needs to and wants to start winning NOW! Bledsoe gives this team an opprotunity to get in the Playoffs and make a run IF they get real aggressive this offseason and bring in all of the players that they need to really make that run!

I think that what BP went through last season has pissed him off to the point that now he is going to load up and make this team one of the better teams in the league. And as water downed is the NFL is these days, it's not that hard to do. And they started by getting the best available QB on the market for a price that will allow the team to get more free agents this spring.

My only problem with Henson is that we don't know if he can play! And I wish that they would've have played him when the season was lost last year. I think if they would have then everyone would have a better idea of where they are headed in the future with a QB.. Very Happy
Battlelordz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bledsoe Reply with quote

Slade wrote:
...I think that what BP went through last season has pissed him off to the point that now he is going to load up....

You got it brother! Ahhhhh, the old Bill......

ABOUT TIME!
titanpride15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll prolly get yelled at for this, but Bledsoe sucks more then a twelve dollar whore..

In the seasns he playe with Buffalo, he never broke 3000 yds passing.

Bledsoe is a better Defensive contribuion then offense

Thank You golf333333!!
sweapeelee33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboyYankee wrote:
Hey Sweapeelee... DREW BLEDSOE IS NOT INJURY PRONE!!!!
In 2001 he only got into 2 regular season games when he lost his job to Brady due to injury. IN HIS ELEVEN OTHER SEASONS HE'S AVERAGED 15.5 GAMES PER YEAR. Farve is probably the only QB to miss fewer games over that span.

I know is fun to get caught up in the Bledsoe bashing but lets keep our facts straight.

ok that is fine, thanks for the info... But he still got injured and look what happened-----} now in steps Drew Hensen Rolling Eyes
James Trucks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Titanpride, let me share something with you. Bledsoe IS 9th on the alltime passing list and will be 7th by game 4. And no he didn't pass for 3000 yards w/ Buffalo, he passed for 4,359 in '02 which gives him 3 4000 seasons and only 15 yards shy from it in another. I know you can't spell, but at least learn how to use your search engine before you rattle off at the mouth.
titanpride15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't care about the Past, that doens't effect this season, he will suck, because hes sucked for the past 4 years. Even if he becomes number 7 on the all-time list, how in the hell does that help us now, most of his yards came from 8 years ago.

We have an effinity for old QB's - Vinny and now Bledsoe... idc wut you say you cannot convince me that either of those two was good for our team, except for maye experience

Thank You golf333333!!
DatBoyRoy31

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bledsoe is 8 yrs younger dummy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: