Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Dennard fall to 34?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Could Dennard fall to 34? Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/draft-chatter-could-cb-dennard-fall-redskins

Quote:
The back in question is Darqueze Dennard, the Michigan State cornerback who won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nationís top defensive back last year. He was once the top cornerback prospect in the draft. But so-so measurable and other cornerbacks rising due to good pro day performances are pushing him down in the estimation of Jeremiah.

"I think it's a real possibility (Dennard slips)," Jeremiah said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft.

In his latest Mock Draft, Jeremiah has Dennard taken at 30 by the 49ers. So, it's possible he falls to us @ 34.

I'd snatch him up in a hear beat. He reminds me of Carlos Rogers. Not particularly fast, not the greatest athlete, but physical and has great technique. Basically the opposite of Hall & Amerson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Could Dennard fall to 34? Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/draft-chatter-could-cb-dennard-fall-redskins

Quote:
The back in question is Darqueze Dennard, the Michigan State cornerback who won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nationís top defensive back last year. He was once the top cornerback prospect in the draft. But so-so measurable and other cornerbacks rising due to good pro day performances are pushing him down in the estimation of Jeremiah.

"I think it's a real possibility (Dennard slips)," Jeremiah said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft.

In his latest Mock Draft, Jeremiah has Dennard taken at 30 by the 49ers. So, it's possible he falls to us @ 34.

I'd snatch him up in a hear beat. He reminds me of Carlos Rogers. Not particularly fast, not the greatest athlete, but physical and has great technique. Basically the opposite of Hall & Amerson.
If he falls you gotta take him.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
daskins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Could Dennard fall to 34? Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Outside of offensive skill positions and OLBs, I don't think we can be too picky. No way Dennard falls all the way to 34, but with as many deficits as we have, we are pretty available to be a catchall for almost anyone that slides a bit.

The thing that kind of sucks to me is that we went all in on wrs in FA, the position where you could possibly get a #1 type at 34. But then again I thought Devin Thomas was a can't miss.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Could Dennard fall to 34? Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Definitely! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Could Dennard fall to 34? Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Outside of offensive skill positions and OLBs, I don't think we can be too picky. No way Dennard falls all the way to 34, but with as many deficits as we have, we are pretty available to be a catchall for almost anyone that slides a bit.

The thing that kind of sucks to me is that we went all in on wrs in FA, the position where you could possibly get a #1 type at 34. But then again I thought Devin Thomas was a can't miss.
Same with me, and most people... Embarassed Laughing
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind. Can br a starter for us down the road.
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm not overly enamored by Dennard. He has average athleticism paired with average size. I do worry how he will translate in the NFL against bigger faster WR's. As for being compared to Carlos Rogers, I don't see it. Rogers was bigger, faster, and MUCH quicker. If memory serves me right Carlos Rogers even posted some of the best times in the 3cone/short shuttle for CB's in combine history.

I'm still high on Bradley Roby, who coming into the season was the consensus number 1 CB, but had a couple bad games this past season. I would honestly rather go with Roby if we were going to pick a CB at 34, which I'm sure I'll catch some heat for saying. As for Dennard winning the Thorpe award...It doesn't always translate into the NFL much like the Heisman doesn't always translate. I wouldn't be upset with Dennard at 34, but he wouldn't be my first choice either.

That said, I'd much rather get a guy like Hageman, or one of the top OL available at pick 34.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: