Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Man I looked at some old posts from last year when Carolina beat the living crap out of us. It was like, "blowup this team, Mike and his son should go NOW, I can't believe a HC would throw in the towel with a mathematical chance still, etc etc.

Believe it or not we were at exactly the same place last year, except the division leader was I believe 3 games, and not two ahead of us.

having said the above, I am under no illusions this team can even mount a half [inappropriate/removed] chance to do the same. But at least this next game is very meaningful. So we will all watch and see what we will see. Do they come out firing at a different level like they did against the very same Eagles last year? or we lose to them and end of story. Stay tune, Sunday.
yeah. It is interesting thinking about how we felt last year at this time and how we feel now.

One thing that's nice is that because we played on Thursday, we have a mini bye week before the Eagles game. That should help

Difference was our Offense was on fire. This year, its a high ranked offense but their inconsistency is beyond explanation.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Jones-Decision-To-Fire-Ryan-Doesn’t-Look-Good-Right-Now/c06f0f31-4d1b-405b-b425-a63bddb3da70

Jerry Jones - firing Rob Ryan doesn't look good right now.

So much for that great 4-3 in big D! Laughing

They drafted the best cover corner in the draft " Claiborne" and then paid huge money to a cover corner in FA "Carr" and make them play zone? They make the best OLB since LT to put his hand in the dirt an play DE. They did nothing to upgrade their safeties...who are as bad as ours!!! Im not sure why anyone thought switching to a 43 was a good idea!!!
This is a great post and I laugh hysterically every time I think about how Dallas took a pretty good unit and blew it up for a scheme none of their players are fit for.

And yet ... some want to do the same thing for the Redskins. Think

Thats because our OLB's are 4-3 DE's. DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer are both 3-4 OLB's. Our OLB's are better with hands in the dirt coming off the edge because that is how they get their leverage.

You have zero basis to say that about Ryan Kerrigan, and Orakpo did it intermittently for one year; he's been an OLB his entire career here.

People would have made the same argument that Ware would have been better rushing the passer in the dirt because he would ONLY have to rush them.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Jones-Decision-To-Fire-Ryan-Doesn’t-Look-Good-Right-Now/c06f0f31-4d1b-405b-b425-a63bddb3da70

They drafted the best cover corner in the draft " Claiborne" and then paid huge money to a cover corner in FA "Carr" and make them play zone? They make the best OLB since LT to put his hand in the dirt an play DE. They did nothing to upgrade their safeties...who are as bad as ours!!! Im not sure why anyone thought switching to a 43 was a good idea!!!
This is a great post and I laugh hysterically every time I think about how Dallas took a pretty good unit and blew it up for a scheme none of their players are fit for.

Thats because our OLB's are 4-3 DE's. DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer are both 3-4 OLB's. Our OLB's are better with hands in the dirt coming off the edge because that is how they get their leverage.

"[DeMarcus ]Ware attended Troy University, where he was a two-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection for the Troy Trojans football team. As a senior he was the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year,[5] and was a finalist for the Hendricks Award, which is given annually to the top defensive end in college football. In 2004, he led his team to its first-ever bowl appearance - Silicon Valley Football Classic."

"[Anthony ]Spencer was converted to an outside linebacker and named the starter opposite to DeMarcus Ware, while Greg Ellis was recovering from his Achilles surgery."

Almost every single 3-4 OLB in the NFL comes from a 4-3 system. Even now, there are only 20 or so programs or so that run a 3-4 in college. Wikipedia lists the following (I don't know how solid this list is): Air Force, Alabama, Fresno State, Georgia, Navy, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Washington State, West Virginia (I thought they ran a 3-3-5?), and Wisconsin.

I'm not sure that converting to a 4-3 at this juncture would be the best idea. Even if you think that our talent is good enough to run a 4-3, you're asking them to re-learn a whole new system. That means moving from instinct to having to think about what to do. Dallas has looked horrid and they've got one of the best defensive coordinators for a 4-3 in Monte Kiffin. Perhaps they turn it around later this year or next year, but a conversion takes more than a season to make in either direction. That means if you're looking to step to the next level, making that switch sets you back at least a year.

Now, if you want to detonate the whole defense and let a bunch of players walk or cut them, then maybe you can do that. Given the big cap room, you could absorb doing that. Still no guarantee that the guys you keep will work. I don't think you have a penetrating 4-3 defensive tackle on the roster (Bowen and Cofield are more 4-3 nose tackles as opposed to UTs). Do you re-sign Orakpo, or do you move Kerrigan to RDE? Leave Kerrigan on the left and start Jackson? Then there's the question of the linebacking corps.

Could it be done? Yes. Is it wise to do it? I'm much more dubious of that. Still, I guess this would be the offseason to do it ... but you have to be willing to accept that 2014 might not be a meh season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

They were actually playing fine in the 4-3, it's just one has been injured the last month and the other is out for the year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Demarco Murray just had a huge run!

Td Witten!!! Twisted Evil

Not lookin good for the Gmen Crying or Very sad

These Giants play just as poorly as us! They're only losing right now because of a poor turnover that should have been called forward progress stopped by the official and they're defense gave up a td.

The Giants were ramming it down the Cowboys throats on that drive, huge 37 yd run by Jaccobs, but they stalled in at the 10 yd line again.... Ughh Twisted Evil

Geeez! Wtf! Is this Kevin Gilbride or Kyle Shanahan calling the Giants plays? Laughing

These Gmen keep crapping away scoring opportunities... Laughing

Just when you think the Giants are on a roll, they have a horrible sack given up by Jason Hatcher. Sound familiar?

Holly crap! Giants just tied it up!! Shocked

Sad to say this, but these Cowboys are the best team in the division.... Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great opening return fumble by Terrance Williams of the Cowboys, which was returned by the Raiders for the games first touchdown! Lmfao Laughing

Man watching the Raiders play today and seeing how great their CBs and especially safeties -mostly Charles Woodson - just reaffirms to me the need of our defense to really upgrade the CB and FS positions.

Having more pressure on the Qb is great, but if you don't have a back end that can cover, it really doesn't matter because you can always have a Qb take 3 or 5 step quick drops and get the ball out before the pass rush can ever get there but if the DBs can't cover, it's easy pitch and catch all day like it always seems to be vs our secondary.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Boykin pick 6! Lol

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/report-cowboys-restructure-orlando-scandrick-sean-lee/

Quote:
In addition, they are also restructuring the contracts of other veteran players. According to Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports, the Cowboys have restructured the contracts of cornerback Orlando Scandrick and linebacker Sean Lee. The reworked deals convert base salary into bonuses that can be prorated over the length of the contracts, thus lessening the cap hit for this season and deferring it to future years.

Per Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the restructured contracts freed up $8.5 million in cap space – $3.75 million from Scandrick and $4.75 for Lee.

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/report-cowboys-restructure-orlando-scandrick-sean-lee/

Quote:
In addition, they are also restructuring the contracts of other veteran players. According to Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports, the Cowboys have restructured the contracts of cornerback Orlando Scandrick and linebacker Sean Lee. The reworked deals convert base salary into bonuses that can be prorated over the length of the contracts, thus lessening the cap hit for this season and deferring it to future years.

Per Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the restructured contracts freed up $8.5 million in cap space – $3.75 million from Scandrick and $4.75 for Lee.

That's cool ... just means that they've screwed up their 2015 cap in hopes of becoming compliant in 2014. Keep on kicking that can, Jerry! Very Happy
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

That's cool ... just means that they've screwed up their 2015 cap in hopes of becoming compliant in 2014. Keep on kicking that can, Jerry! Very Happy

I feel like everyone says this and I've yet to see it kill them.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Really? Have they made the playoffs in the last 4 years?

They're .500 every year when every cryin cowboy fan thinks they're going to the Super Bowl every year because they have Romo, Dez, Witten and Ware.

Sassan11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I some what agree. People used to say this about us all the time. But if the cap does increase like reports say it will pushing money into the future years when the cap increases will make the impact less then it would be had the cap increased like it has the past 2 seasons.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I some what agree. People used to say this about us all the time. But if the cap does increase like reports say it will pushing money into the future years when the cap increases will make the impact less then it would be had the cap increased like it has the past 2 seasons.

Is it healthy to be $20M over the cap and then have to move money from now into the future? Sure, let's say the cap goes up to $150M next year (a 12.8% increase, which would be huge). How much room would they have to take advantage of that?

You want to be cap flexible, not cap constrained. Will this devastate the team? No. It will, however, make it harder to get younger and more agile.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cowboys told Ware today they want him to stay but not at his current salary

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The cowboys told Ware today they want him to stay but not at his current salary

Sure, they'd like him to stay and cut his salary.

Of course, he's signed for four more years with salaries of:

2014 - 12.250M
2015 - 13.750M
2016 - 13.000M
2017 - 13.000M

He's also restructured each of the last three years. I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it again, since it means he's more likely to keep playing. And restructuring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55

Jump to: