Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anyone know who the top paid cb in the nfl is?

Because that's how much Jennings is going to cost or more...
Darrelle Revis got a 6-year $96 million dollar deal from the Bucs. Its a weird contract though it contains no guaranteed money. Imagine if they went full rebuild and cut him Shocked .
12 million for a corner? I don't think we should pay that much for a corner
If you want a top player in the NFL you gotta pay big bucks. I love Jennings play but at 30 you're right it might be too much to pay him. You do realize Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL right?
We need good to very good players like a Garçon, Morris, Hankerson, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley etc to go around our superstars like Rg3, Trent and Kerrigan.

Yeah. I know what Byrd wants, but as I've said to Marcus21- wanting and receiving are two different things. Byrd will get paid his fair market value, which I don't think is quite top FS $$.

I looked up Revis' contract. He's making Qb or top WR $$ 16 million a year! Shocked That's a waste to me for a position that isn't QB, LT or the best WR in the nfl

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/darrelle-revis/
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8639
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anyone know who the top paid cb in the nfl is?

Because that's how much Jennings is going to cost or more...
Darrelle Revis got a 6-year $96 million dollar deal from the Bucs. Its a weird contract though it contains no guaranteed money. Imagine if they went full rebuild and cut him Shocked .
12 million for a corner? I don't think we should pay that much for a corner
If you want a top player in the NFL you gotta pay big bucks. I love Jennings play but at 30 you're right it might be too much to pay him. You do realize Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL right?
We need good to very good players like a Garçon, Morris, Hankerson, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley etc to go around our superstars like Rg3, Trent and Kerrigan.

Yeah. I know what Byrd wants, but as I've said to Marcus21- wanting and receiving are two different things. Byrd will get paid his fair market value, which I don't think is quite top FS $$.
He's only 27 and already a multi probowler. Someone is probably going to overpay him. For reference, Troy Polamalu is currently the highest paid safety in the NFL at around $9.2 million.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anyone know who the top paid cb in the nfl is?

Because that's how much Jennings is going to cost or more...
Darrelle Revis got a 6-year $96 million dollar deal from the Bucs. Its a weird contract though it contains no guaranteed money. Imagine if they went full rebuild and cut him Shocked .
12 million for a corner? I don't think we should pay that much for a corner
If you want a top player in the NFL you gotta pay big bucks. I love Jennings play but at 30 you're right it might be too much to pay him. You do realize Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL right?
We need good to very good players like a Garçon, Morris, Hankerson, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley etc to go around our superstars like Rg3, Trent and Kerrigan.

Yeah. I know what Byrd wants, but as I've said to Marcus21- wanting and receiving are two different things. Byrd will get paid his fair market value, which I don't think is quite top FS $$.
He's only 27 and already a multi probowler. Someone is probably going to overpay him. For reference, Troy Polamalu is currently the highest paid safety in the NFL at around $9.2 million.
Well 9 million is a heck of a lot cheaper than what Revis makes. Revis makes 16 million. If a Tim Jennings is going to cost that, we can't afford it. Sad

I'd take Sam Shields or someone like that for 1/2 or more than 1/2 the cost if Tim Jennings is going to cost around 16 million a year, then signing Byrd, re-signing Hall and drafting another cb in the mid rounds to develop.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8639
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anyone know who the top paid cb in the nfl is?

Because that's how much Jennings is going to cost or more...
Darrelle Revis got a 6-year $96 million dollar deal from the Bucs. Its a weird contract though it contains no guaranteed money. Imagine if they went full rebuild and cut him Shocked .
12 million for a corner? I don't think we should pay that much for a corner
If you want a top player in the NFL you gotta pay big bucks. I love Jennings play but at 30 you're right it might be too much to pay him. You do realize Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL right?
We need good to very good players like a Garçon, Morris, Hankerson, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley etc to go around our superstars like Rg3, Trent and Kerrigan.

Yeah. I know what Byrd wants, but as I've said to Marcus21- wanting and receiving are two different things. Byrd will get paid his fair market value, which I don't think is quite top FS $$.
He's only 27 and already a multi probowler. Someone is probably going to overpay him. For reference, Troy Polamalu is currently the highest paid safety in the NFL at around $9.2 million.
Well 9 million is a heck of a lot cheaper than what Revis makes. Revis makes 16 million. If a Tim Jennings is going to cost that, we can't afford it. Sad

I'd take Sam Shields or someone like that for 1/2 or more than 1/2 the cost if Tim Jennings is going to cost around 16 million a year, then signing Byrd, re-signing Hall and drafting another cb in the mid rounds to develop.
I don't think any safety is worth that amount of money but whatever. I'm going to bed man goodnight.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Anyone know who the top paid cb in the nfl is?

Because that's how much Jennings is going to cost or more...
Darrelle Revis got a 6-year $96 million dollar deal from the Bucs. Its a weird contract though it contains no guaranteed money. Imagine if they went full rebuild and cut him Shocked .
12 million for a corner? I don't think we should pay that much for a corner
If you want a top player in the NFL you gotta pay big bucks. I love Jennings play but at 30 you're right it might be too much to pay him. You do realize Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL right?
We need good to very good players like a Garçon, Morris, Hankerson, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley etc to go around our superstars like Rg3, Trent and Kerrigan.

Yeah. I know what Byrd wants, but as I've said to Marcus21- wanting and receiving are two different things. Byrd will get paid his fair market value, which I don't think is quite top FS $$.
He's only 27 and already a multi probowler. Someone is probably going to overpay him. For reference, Troy Polamalu is currently the highest paid safety in the NFL at around $9.2 million.
Well 9 million is a heck of a lot cheaper than what Revis makes. Revis makes 16 million. If a Tim Jennings is going to cost that, we can't afford it. Sad

I'd take Sam Shields or someone like that for 1/2 or more than 1/2 the cost if Tim Jennings is going to cost around 16 million a year, then signing Byrd, re-signing Hall and drafting another cb in the mid rounds to develop.
I don't think any safety is worth that amount of money but whatever. I'm going to bed man goodnight.
fair enough, but no CB is worth more than 10 either. If we can get a #1 Cb & great FS combined for 15/16 a year vs one CB for that much, that's what we need to do. IMO

Something like Sean Smith's contract for Sam Shields or someone around his talent level should do.

3 yr(s) - $16,500,000
Signing Bonus:$6,750,000



2013: 3,000,000
2014: 5,735,000
2015: 7,535,000


Then bring Hall back to be the #2 if he continues to play like has been the past few games for a 3 year, 10 million dollar contract.

2011: 3,000,000
2012: 4,000,000
2013: 3,000,000
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami and the Giants are the only two teams in the NFL who haven't drafted linebackers in the first round since 1984!! Shocked
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8639
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1806902-eli-manning-throws-two-interceptions-in-the-first-two-giants-drives
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In watching the game the other night, it's obvious Eli is forcing things and he and Ruben Randle aren't always on the same page because Ruben is young. His 3 ints killed them, the first one wasn't his fault, but none the less, they cost them the game.

Brandon Jacobs played well with 102 YDs rushing and 2 Tds (scares me how good and tough he looks) he's always given us fits. They also have an inconsistent OL, but it's getting better. They almost came back and beat the Bears despite how poorly their Defense played- specifically their pass rush and secondary.

I thought Jon Beason played well in his first game as a Giant (12 tackles), but they definitely need to draft a few LBs next year. One either in round 1 or 2 if I was them.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 21079
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
So as of right now the giants would have the first pick in the draft.... Do you think they might take bridgewater ? Or maybe Clowney


No chance they take a QB first overall. They've got too much invested in Eli. Clowney is possible, but I think they would prefer the best left tackle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4423
Location: My House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
So as of right now the giants would have the first pick in the draft.... Do you think they might take bridgewater ? Or maybe Clowney


No chance they take a QB first overall. They've got too much invested in Eli. Clowney is possible, but I think they would prefer the best left tackle.


They have no pass rushers. Clowney.
_________________

Tracker: 46 catches, 498 yards, 3 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
So as of right now the giants would have the first pick in the draft.... Do you think they might take bridgewater ? Or maybe Clowney


No chance they take a QB first overall. They've got too much invested in Eli. Clowney is possible, but I think they would prefer the best left tackle.


They have no pass rushers. Clowney.
JPP is just hurt, when he gets healthy they'll have a great pass rush again. I think they should take Jake Matthews, take a LB in round 2 like AJ Johnson (Tenn), then a pass rusher in the mid rounds.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://losthatsportsblog.com/2013/10/eagles-parking-lot-attendant-stole-225k-from-players-bank-account/

Todd Herman's of the eagles had $225,000 stolen from his bank account by a parking lot attendant
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66100
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Foles was on fire today!! Shocked

22-28, 406 YDs, 7 Tds
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 21079
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Nick Foles was on fire today!! Shocked

22-28, 406 YDs, 7 Tds


Amazingly enough, my opponents in fantasy didn't play him (I've been on the receiving end of most major games this season).

Still, damn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreeK1973


Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 496
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Nick Foles was on fire today!! Shocked

22-28, 406 YDs, 7 Tds


yea he has actually played some great games this year. Oddly enough the Eagles are 4-1 away Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 52 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group