Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it but I feel the Giants are way overrated. The way they folded last year (getting blown out the way they did against the Ravens and Atlanta) when they needed those games tell me they have some issues. And honestly how have they improved this year? Their major weakness the secondary is just about the same and I can argue their strength, the pass rush (what really won them their two SBs IMO) with JJP getting surgery and losing Umenyiora will hurt them. Justin Tuck has been in decline two years in a row.

And don't tell me they are stronger than us in the LB or OL positions. Honestly I feel if we have finally a semi-healthy season, we are the team to beat in the NFC East and its not even close.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it but I feel the Giants are way overrated. The way they folded last year (getting blown out the way they did against the Ravens and Atlanta) when they needed those games tell me they have some issues. And honestly how have they improved this year? Their major weakness the secondary is just about the same and I can argue their strength, the pass rush (what really won them their two SBs IMO) with JJP getting surgery and losing Umenyiora will hurt them. Justin Tuck has been in decline two years in a row.

And don't tell me they are stronger than us in the LB or OL positions. Honestly I feel if we have finally a semi-healthy season, we are the team to beat in the NFC East and its not even close.

1. The giants do this every other year since Eli became good. They go to the playoffs, then they win 8 games.

2. Where did I say their OL or Lbs were better than us?

All I was telling Mike is that they aren't old. They're barely older than us and I think they are better than the Eagles and Cowboys- meaning- they're our main competition in the division "if" everyone stays healthy.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

1. The giants do this every other year since Eli became good. They go to the playoffs, then they win 8 games.

2. Where did I say their OL or Lbs were better than us?

All I was telling Mike is that they aren't old. They're barely older than us and I think they are better than the Eagles and Cowboys- meaning- they're our main competition in the division "if" everyone stays healthy.

I didn't say you did Turtle, I just said I don't see where they are better, except at WR. But put our TEs and our RBs in there and overall they can't compete IMO. I agree they seem to pull a rabbit out of their you know what ever other year but that might be because we never gave them much competition in the past 12 years. And if we go talent wise I still think the boys have more talent than they do overall. Their problem is coaching IMO.

Anyway one more week for camp man, I can't wait. i think something good is going to happen to our skins this year. I just have this feeling.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, many people underrate the Cowboys.

I'm afraid the have good chances to win the division next year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with he cowboys is:

1. Romo makes poor decisions in big games in the clutch, he's the antithesis of Eli and Rg3

2. It's coaching

3. When Jerry is in charge they're always loaded at the skill positions but lacking on the Lines.

I read that Josh Brent is just going to retire, they passed on a few good DL prospects in round 1 to reach for Travis Frederick, who I think is going to be a good center but they over drafted him.

Their DL just hasn't been good the past few years and neither has their OL, but their OL should be better with Fredrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

1. Romo makes poor decisions in big games in the clutch, he's the antithesis of Eli and Rg3

2. It's coaching

3. When Jerry is in charge they're always loaded at the skill positions but lacking on the Lines.

I read that Josh Brent is just going to retire, they passed on a few good DL prospects in round 1 to reach for Travis Frederick, who I think is going to be a good center but they over drafted him.

Their DL just hasn't been good the past few years and neither has their OL, but their OL should be better with Fredrick

I agree; nonetheless, last year they missed the playoffs by one game only.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

2. It's coaching

I agree; nonetheless, last year they missed the playoffs by one game only.
if I had a dollar for every time I heard that about the woboys in the last 15 years... They're the epitome of mediocre in the nfl, just like we used to be last decade

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/23/cowboys-anthony-spencer-knee-surgery/?xid=nl_siextra

Anthony Spencer goes down with a knee injury, expected to miss the preseason. He's the 3rd Dallas DL to go down to injury this week Shocked

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/23/cowboys-anthony-spencer-knee-surgery/?xid=nl_siextra

Anthony Spencer goes down with a knee injury, expected to miss the preseason. He's the 3rd Dallas DL to go down to injury this week Shocked

Sucks for Dallas. But personally I hope he recovers fully.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sucks for Dallas. But personally I hope he recovers fully.
He's not supposed to miss any regular season games, but then again we've heard that before. Remember Merriweather last year wasn't supposed to miss a game either. Well, he missed 15! Shocked

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants are a well-run organization. They draft well (except at linebacker, which they seem to think is a meaningless position). They pick up good free agents at decent prices. They've got a top tier QB and a really good head coach.

If you think they are not going to be a threat to win the the NFC East, you're deluding yourself. Their biggest questions are can the defense do something beyond the front four and can they avoid the slow start/need to put themselves in a whole before they play with a chip on their shoulder.

The Cowboys ... they've got talent, but it's focused in certain areas: skill positions on the offense, but not in the trenches. They've got a coach on a hot-but-we-won't-say-it's-hot-but-we-know-it's-Jerry-so-it's-a-hot seat, a new offensive coordinator, a new defensive coordinator switching them to a completely different style than what they've played in the last decade (and different style of players they've drafted for).

Still, if you think they are not a threat to win the NFC East, you're deluding yourself. They've got the talent and ability to challenge everyone. The question for them is can they actually put it all together, to show that they are at least the sum of their parts.

Then there are the Eagles. I've got no idea where they fall because they are entirely different. Part of me wants to dismiss Chip Kelly out of hand; the other part of me remembers that the read-option, pistol offense got the same treatment last year.

As usual, it's going to be dog fight in the East. Unlike other divisions, I don't know if I could point to any team and say with any sense of surety that they would or would not win the whole shebang.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

2. It's coaching

dude they didn't have there rb and romo always been a good qb and has been clutch but as usual the media focuses on his game more than any one so yea one bad game but neither the less he's dangerous

But as always skins fans become blind to the truth. Our O will be good for sure but if our Dwont improve we will lose more games than win them.last year we caused a lot of turn overs and was ranked #1 on not turning the ball over on offense. I see our D being bad again as evident in training camp so far I see our O top10-5 but I feel we will suck .

We will be a good sucky team and like it or not fellas the nfce is wide open and nobody has won hack to back divison title since the eagles in 00-04
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

2. It's coaching

dude they didn't have there rb and romo always been a good qb and has been clutch but as usual the media focuses on his game more than any one so yea one bad game but neither the less he's dangerous

It's not just one game. There's a whole span of games where the Cowboys needed a win and Romo came up short. Heck, the past two seasons the Cowboys had a "win and you're the division champion" game in the last week of the season, and they got smacked both times.

Quote:
But as always skins fans become blind to the truth. Our O will be good for sure but if our Dwont improve we will lose more games than win them.

From the injuries + Jenkins' suspension, you could be right. However, I suspect you were just talking about the scheme in general, and I'm not sure I would agree with you there.

Quote:
last year we caused a lot of turn overs and was ranked #1 on not turning the ball over on offense. I see our D being bad again as evident in training camp so far I see our O top10-5 but I feel we will suck .

I would also point out it's only Day Two of training camp. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves at how good or bad we are after just two days.

Quote:
We will be a good sucky team and like it or not fellas the nfce is wide open and nobody has won hack to back divison title since the eagles in 00-04

As I said previously, it's incredibly hard to call this division. We could easily be on top or on bottom. I'm not sure I would call us a "good sucky team" though. Last year, we got some good breaks (the Griffin "fumble pass" to Morgan (?) for the TD for instance). Maybe we don't get as many breaks this year. Doesn't mean we suck.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/07/27/jeremy-maclin-entering-contract-year-carted-off-at-eagles-practice/

Jeremy Maclin carted off the field with a serious leg injury. On NFL network they are saying he tore his Acl

Sucks that a player is getting injured, but he is out for the season and that is certainly favorable to us.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://nfl.si.com/2013/07/27/jeremy-maclin-entering-contract-year-carted-off-at-eagles-practice/

Jeremy Maclin carted off the field with a serious leg injury.

Sucks that a player is getting injured, but if it is serious and whs out for a while it is favorable to us.

On NFL network they are saying he tore his Acl and Mcl

Sucks for that kid....I think he was primed for a big year. Hopefully he can make it back better than ever. I hate to see serious injuries for anyone...hopefully its not a Bernstine situation!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 46 of 55

Jump to: