Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9273091/felix-jones-ex-dallas-cowboys-rb-joins-philadelphia-eagles

I'm not sure if his is an impact signing for the eagles or not, given Felix Jones' injury history but he does give them more speed and they already have a lot!

As long as Dallas & N.Y neglect their Running game, we own the Division.
(Giants=no more Jacobs/Bradshaw who were huge in both SB runs.)
(Romo dropping back and making continued mistakes)

Eagles have other issues to worry about.

But having Dallas & the Giants 1-dimensional, makes me a very happy person.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9273091/felix-jones-ex-dallas-cowboys-rb-joins-philadelphia-eagles

I'm not sure if his is an impact signing for the eagles or not, given Felix Jones' injury history but he does give them more speed and they already have a lot!

As long as Dallas & N.Y neglect their Running game, we own the Division.
(Giants=no more Jacobs/Bradshaw who were huge in both SB runs.)
(Romo dropping back and making continued mistakes)

Eagles have other issues to worry about.

But having Dallas & the Giants 1-dimensional, makes me a very happy person.
Dalls does have Demarco Murray. If he stays healthy, look out. Ny has David Wilson and he can be a game changer also. Same goes for Shady McCoy in Philly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/06/04/jason-pierre-paul-back-surgery-leaves-start-of-season-in-doubt/?xid=nl_siextra

Jason Pierre-Paul back surgery leaves start of season in doubt

Last offseason Coughlin said JPP came to camp out of shape. This year, he might not practice with his team at all before the regular season begins. He's having back surgery.

This could mean the giants have a slow start to the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/giants-safety-antrel-rolle-not-eager-to-see-rgiii-again/

Antrell Rolle is not eager to play RG3 again. It's crazy what a difference a year makes with our division foes and how they viwed RG3 last offseason vs this offseason. All of them seem scared of RG3 now
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ProFootballTalk: Cowboys get Terrance Williams under contract http://t.co/HhyhwfWIwz

Sad
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@ProFootballTalk: Cowboys get Terrance Williams under contract http://t.co/HhyhwfWIwz

Sad

*shrugs* With the new CBA and the rookie scale, holdouts are going to be rare. So, it should be no surprise that he signed. No big deal. It stinks that he was drafted by the Cowboys, but oh well.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sad

*shrugs* With the new CBA and the rookie scale, holdouts are going to be rare. So, it should be no surprise that he signed. No big deal. It stinks that he was drafted by the Cowboys, but oh well.

If it wasn't for Stephen Bowen influencing me, I would say I wouldn't want him once his rookie contract is up and he becomes a FA. Will be a far cry from Alvin Harper and Deon Sanders who made me never want a Cowboy FA again though ... Stealing their talent is the only way i justify it (slightly) now....
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sad

If it wasn't for Stephen Bowen influencing me, I would say I wouldn't want him once his rookie contract is up and he becomes a FA. Will be a far cry from Alvin Harper and Deon Sanders who made me never want a Cowboy FA again though ... Stealing their talent is the only way i justify it (slightly) now....
I'd say there's a good chance when Terrance Williams becomes a free agent that he'll want to play with Rg3 and we can sign him to be RG3's go to guy
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sad

Personally, I'd rather we get our own guys and not worry about whether we need to grab someone else's free agent. Very Happy
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Personally, I'd rather we get our own guys and not worry about whether we need to grab someone else's free agent. Very Happy

Well, if the last two drafts are any indication, we should be right on schedule with that Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson said that Michael Vick will win the eagles starting Qb job, so lock that up! It will happen... Laughing Rolling Eyes

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218460/article/desean-jackson-thinks-michael-vick-will-win-eagles-job
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DeSean Jackson said that Michael Vick will win the eagles starting Qb job, so lock that up! It will happen... Laughing Rolling Eyes

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218460/article/desean-jackson-thinks-michael-vick-will-win-eagles-job

If Vick cannot win the starting gig over Nick Foles and Matt Barkley and even Dennis Dixon, then he should just retire.

But this does bring a big smile to my face as the Eagles seem to be no better than they were last year at QB and with their new offense and coach, it might look to be a rough year for them to start.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If Vick cannot win the starting gig over Nick Foles and Matt Barkley and even Dennis Dixon, then he should just retire.

But this does bring a big smile to my face as the Eagles seem to be no better than they were last year at QB and with their new offense and coach, it might look to be a rough year for them to start.
I think it will be another down year for the Eagles. I think Vick will start, but their O and D are going through scheme changes and some personnel changes so I see at best a .500 year.

I expect the cowboys to be about the same.

Our competiton will be the Giants and I think it's going to be us and them competing for division championships for the next 3 to 5 years, at the least. Romo is not going to lead the Cowboys to a championship and Vick is not going to lead the Eagles to a championship. I don't know much, but this much I do know.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think it will be another down year for the Eagles. I think Vick will start, but their O and D are going through scheme changes and some personnel changes so I see at best a .500 year.

Our competiton will be the Giants and I think it's going to be us and them competing for division championships for the next 3 to 5 years, at the least. Romo is not going to lead the Cowboys to a championship and Vick is not going to lead the Eagles to a championship. I don't know much, but this much I do know.

Well its best to assume that our only competition will be the Giants, and with there age and woes it might not even be that big of a race. We have to take advantage of our schedule out the gates so when RGIII is ready to play he can just take the reigns and go. Smooth transition is all we need.

As long as he stays healthy, I can see us winning the division and competing in the playoffs.

If RGIII does not go down against Seattle we clearly win that game. We were on fire.

With Romo having more weapons it still doesnt explain his intangible nature to give away the ball in the most crucial of times. He chokes. He will have his issues now that more pressure is put on him to perform with his extension. That might just be too much for Romo to handle.

Time will tell.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Well its best to assume that our only competition will be the Giants, and with there age and woes it might not even be that big of a race. We have to take advantage of our schedule out the gates so when RGIII is ready to play he can just take the reigns and go. Smooth transition is all we need.

As long as he stays healthy, I can see us winning the division and competing in the playoffs.

If RGIII does not go down against Seattle we clearly win that game. We were on fire.

With Romo having more weapons it still doesnt explain his intangible nature to give away the ball in the most crucial of times. He chokes. He will have his issues now that more pressure is put on him to perform with his extension. That might just be too much for Romo to handle.

Time will tell.
the giants are only old in a few spots. They're like us, a good mix of youth and veterans.

All of Their wrs are are under 30. Their two best are under 26. all their Rbs, TEs and most of their defense.

I fail to see where they are old. Their Qb is in his prime.

Even their older players are just turning 30 like Tuck, Kiwi, Rolle, or 31 like Webster and Snee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 45 of 55

Jump to: