Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/nfltraderumors?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfltraderumors.co%2Fnfltr-features2013-nfl-free-agents%2F&dm_redirected=true#2790

Quote:
NFC East:
Cowboys: $3.7 million
Giants: $2.2 million
Eagles: $20.1 million
Redskins: $3.3 million

How do the eagles do it? Seriously? They are 20.1 million under the cap next year? Ugh Twisted Evil

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21435629/michael-vick-im-not-a-backup--im-a-full-fledged-starter

Vick says he's not a back up he's a "full fledged starter."

Quote:
"I'm not a backup. Just being honest, just being candid. I'm a full-fledged starter," Vick told Tim McManus of Birds 24/7. "That's what I've got in me, that's what I provide, that's what I offer. Whatever happens, wherever I end up, they're going to get 110 percent. You're going to get the same thing out of me that you got the last two, three years and that's 110 percent effort and a guy that's confident in his abilities to play and win.

"I want to start. Yeah, I'm a starter. I'll feel that way until I start to feel like I'm becoming a problem on the team."

Vick's contract presents a tricky situation for the Eagles. As McManus notes, $3 million of Vick's $15.5-million salary in 2013 is guaranteed if he's on the Eagles' roster on Feb. 6. That means they're more than likely going to cut him immediately following and/or before the Super Bowl (Feb. 3 in Indianapolis, on CBS).
If they want to recoup something for Vick, they could pay him the $3 million and try to move his current deal. That's a bit of financial Russian roulette though; whatever they'd net in return from Vick isn't going to be some sweetheart Kevin Kolb-ish deal with the cash that he's owed. Plus, if there aren't any takers, the Eagles put themselves in a precarious position with cash, with Foles (he's the starter) and with Vick, who believes he has "prime left."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fellas....it all comes down to next week. Smile

As it should be...just like the good 'ol days. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Lovie Smith could be the next eagles HC. Good hire by them, I think he's one of the most underrated coaches in the nfl. Their D will be greatly improved and I expect them to run he ball more next year with McCoy and Brown

Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Looks like Lovie Smith could be the next eagles HC. Good hire by them, I think he's one of the most underrated coaches in the nfl. Their D will be greatly improved and I expect them to run he ball more next year with McCoy and Brown

I just...I just don't see them being -that- successful. Yes, the defense will get a lot better but without Reid that offense is not scary to me.

Jackson is a guy who I really think needs an Andy Reid type offense. He won't be any where near as impactful with out that kinda Coach and that kind of offense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I just...I just don't see them being -that- successful. Yes, the defense will get a lot better but without Reid that offense is not scary to me.

Jackson is a guy who I really think needs an Andy Reid type offense. He won't be any where near as impactful with out that kinda Coach and that kind of offense.
if they can get healthy on the OL, draft a LT and feed McCoy and Brown the ball alot I think they can be decent. I'm not saying they are going to win the division, but i think they'll be better than last year.

rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Eagles got Kelly, Pretty much the one person I did not want them to get, well see if he can make use of all of their speed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles
NHL-Capitals
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly is not going to make a difference. I think it was a terrible hire. Lovie Smith or Ken Whisenhunt would have been a better choice.

This is Philly's version of Steve Spurrier.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Kelly is not going to make a difference. I think it was a terrible hire. Lovie Smith or Ken Whisenhunt would have been a better choice.

i totally agree. I think he'll flame out like Spurrier and Petrino. Two other supposed college offensive gurus

daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

i totally agree. I think he'll flame out like Spurrier and Petrino. Two other supposed college offensive gurus

This.

He won't end well in Philly and they'll probably be begging for Andy Reid back! Laughing

Tracker: 22 catches, 227 yards, 1 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TheRedzoneorg: Monte Kiffin 'excited' to be back in NFL with Cowboys http://t.co/HAEJzuuP #NFL #Cowboys

Crap! Sad Twisted Evil

@nfl: Jerry Jones: "You gotta get out of the ditch that we're in" http://t.co/kW5VMVon Laughing

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt
The offseason begins. RT @calvinwatkins: Jay Ratliff arrested for DWI in Grapevine, Texas.

half a minute ago

Shocked Seriously!! wtf! Smh

d'oh! Rolling Eyes

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12764476?mailing_id=2140&linksrc=mb_main_col_3

LeSean McCoy deleted his twitter account because he did his Dez Briscoe impression and got into a fight with his ex-gf about paying for child support and his current girlfriend got caught in the middle of it also. Laughing

TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Looks like the Eagles got Kelly, Pretty much the one person I did not want them to get, well see if he can make use of all of their speed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles

What I have been saying forever to Eagles fans and buddies of mine is the reason the Eagles were so good for so long was because of Jimmy Johnson. The defenses he put out there year after year were awesome.

Kelly can be good, who knows but again it was never the HC for me when it came to the Eagles.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
rizzy wrote:

What I have been saying forever to Eagles fans and buddies of mine is the reason the Eagles were so good for so long was because of Jimmy Johnson. The defenses he put out there year after year were awesome.

Kelly can be good, who knows but again it was never the HC for me when it came to the Eagles.
well when McNabb was in his prime he was awesome and so was Westbrook. Still though, you're correct. Jim johnson was awesome and those blitzes made that defense great.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@TheRedzoneorg: Monte Kiffin 'excited' to be back in NFL with Cowboys http://t.co/HAEJzuuP #NFL #Cowboys

Crap! Sad Twisted Evil

@nfl: Jerry Jones: "You gotta get out of the ditch that we're in" http://t.co/kW5VMVon Laughing

Don't get this ... Kiffin is king of the Tampa 2 ... and you're going to put him on a team with a 3-4 construction? Okay ...

Ratliff apparently blew a 0.16.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 43 of 55

Jump to: