Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23799
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Cowboys Mike Jenkins fined
Quote:
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins has been fined $7,875 for pushing Pierre Garcon to the ground well after the Washington receiver crossed the goal line on a 59-yard touchdown last week.


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-db-jenkins-fined-shove-174421364--nfl.html
Well deserved,hes lucky Moss didn't whip his @$$ Twisted Evil


$7800? That's it? He drilled him WAY late.


Seems like the rivalry is back though. Players are feisty. Hall was fined 35k for his little stunt with Dez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103072/article/deangelo-hall-fined-for-washington-redskins-fouls


Say what? I'm not saying don't fine Hall, but 5x what Jenkins was given? C'mon now.


Um. Absolutely? Jenkins was at least in the play as it happened. He was frustrated and pushed him - which got the proper fine.

Hall took a cheap shot at Dez to the face. Which was shown on TV. And shown several times. Clearly baiting Dez to get him ejected. It was actually pretty classless by Hall.

Footballs a mans game. People will have personal fouls while playing. It happens (not condoning it) but it does. Absent a play - looking for a fight and landing a cheap shout is childish and has no place in football.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19354
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Cowboys Mike Jenkins fined
Quote:
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins has been fined $7,875 for pushing Pierre Garcon to the ground well after the Washington receiver crossed the goal line on a 59-yard touchdown last week.


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-db-jenkins-fined-shove-174421364--nfl.html
Well deserved,hes lucky Moss didn't whip his @$$ Twisted Evil


$7800? That's it? He drilled him WAY late.


Seems like the rivalry is back though. Players are feisty. Hall was fined 35k for his little stunt with Dez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103072/article/deangelo-hall-fined-for-washington-redskins-fouls


Say what? I'm not saying don't fine Hall, but 5x what Jenkins was given? C'mon now.


Um. Absolutely? Jenkins was at least in the play as it happened. He was frustrated and pushed him - which got the proper fine.


Pushed him? Garcon was halfway in the end zone when Jenkins drilled him in the back sending him to the back wall about 10 yards further. Completely inexcusable.

Again, I'm not saying that Hall's fine wasn't deserved (it was). I'm just objecting to the difference in fines.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23799
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:


Pushed him? Garcon was halfway in the end zone when Jenkins drilled him in the back sending him to the back wall about 10 yards further. Completely inexcusable.

Again, I'm not saying that Hall's fine wasn't deserved (it was). I'm just objecting to the difference in fines.


Which would make it the first time Jenkins ever drilled anyone. Laughing

I get what your saying though. But you have to keep in mind fines are pre-set. It's not an arbitrary amount.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14090
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Both infractions were after the play was dead. Once Moss crosses the goal line the play is dead. So both were dead ball fouls. Not sure why, even with the pre-set amounts for infractions, that Jenkins' infraction wasn't considered to be at least as bad as Hall's. Especially given the fact that Jenkins' actions could've injured Moss. Whereas noone is afraid of Hall's swiping hands at their face.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23799
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Huh? Both infractions were after the play was dead. Once Moss crosses the goal line the play is dead. So both were dead ball fouls. Not sure why, even with the pre-set amounts for infractions, that Jenkins' infraction wasn't considered to be at least as bad as Hall's. Especially given the fact that Jenkins' actions could've injured Moss. Whereas noone is afraid of Hall's swiping hands at their face.


...What?

Jenkins was touching him before he crossed the plane. He was grabbing him and then shoved him. Players don't suddenly stop momentum and movement the second the ball crosses the line.

Dez v Hall was not during a play.

I have no idea what game you were watching.

EDIT: Note. I am not defending Jenkins. It was stupid what he did. But it's not as if he suddenly came up to...wait. Moss? We are not talking about Garcon?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26589
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to remember that Jenkins isn't really known for or had many prior incidents with the league as far as fines.

Hall has a history of this kind of stuff, therefore his fine with higher.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14090
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Huh? Both infractions were after the play was dead. Once Moss crosses the goal line the play is dead. So both were dead ball fouls. Not sure why, even with the pre-set amounts for infractions, that Jenkins' infraction wasn't considered to be at least as bad as Hall's. Especially given the fact that Jenkins' actions could've injured Moss. Whereas noone is afraid of Hall's swiping hands at their face.


...What?

Jenkins was touching him before he crossed the plane. He was grabbing him and then shoved him. Players don't suddenly stop momentum and movement the second the ball crosses the line.

Dez v Hall was not during a play.

I have no idea what game you were watching.

EDIT: Note. I am not defending Jenkins. It was stupid what he did. But it's not as if he suddenly came up to...wait. Moss? We are not talking about Garcon?


Yeah Garcon, that was my bad.

I was watching the same game you were.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112201/2012/REG12/redskins@cowboys#menu=highlights|contentId%3A0ap2000000099191&tab=analyze

Take a gander at the play again. He lays a hand on him just as he is crossing the plane.

Now...keep watching...

The shove takes place after Garcon crossed the end line. A full 10 yards after the play is dead and 11 yards after Jenkins first touches Garcon's jersey.

Again, play was over. Both are dead ball fouls. IMHO both are just as egregious as the other.

Edit: I know players don't just stop their momentum on a dime. But that last push was out of bounds and Jenkins had 10 yards to disengage once he saw that Garcon had scored.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing


Last edited by Thaiphoon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4275
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! Looks like Seattle is going to win Sad
_________________

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 22871
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Ugh! Looks like Seattle is going to win Sad


Brandon Marshall says not so fast!!!

Going to OT!!!
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 22871
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, it wasn't meant to be.
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23799
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Huh? Both infractions were after the play was dead. Once Moss crosses the goal line the play is dead. So both were dead ball fouls. Not sure why, even with the pre-set amounts for infractions, that Jenkins' infraction wasn't considered to be at least as bad as Hall's. Especially given the fact that Jenkins' actions could've injured Moss. Whereas noone is afraid of Hall's swiping hands at their face.


...What?

Jenkins was touching him before he crossed the plane. He was grabbing him and then shoved him. Players don't suddenly stop momentum and movement the second the ball crosses the line.

Dez v Hall was not during a play.

I have no idea what game you were watching.

EDIT: Note. I am not defending Jenkins. It was stupid what he did. But it's not as if he suddenly came up to...wait. Moss? We are not talking about Garcon?


Yeah Garcon, that was my bad.

I was watching the same game you were.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112201/2012/REG12/redskins@cowboys#menu=highlights|contentId%3A0ap2000000099191&tab=analyze

Take a gander at the play again. He lays a hand on him just as he is crossing the plane.

Now...keep watching...

The shove takes place after Garcon crossed the end line. A full 10 yards after the play is dead and 11 yards after Jenkins first touches Garcon's jersey.

Again, play was over. Both are dead ball fouls. IMHO both are just as egregious as the other.

Edit: I know players don't just stop their momentum on a dime. But that last push was out of bounds and Jenkins had 10 yards to disengage once he saw that Garcon had scored.


Okay cool, was making sure we were talking about the same thing.

Let me start off by saying Jenkins was an idiot. Then let me say there was contact before he crossed and then after he crossed (while technically the play is over - the bodies don't stop) and then Jenkins added extra force - which was dumb. But they were not equal situations to Dez v. Hall which was done not in the heat of the moment. Where as Jenkins was.

And as LR pointed out, Hall also has a history - which influences fines whereas Jenkins does not.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14090
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Huh? Both infractions were after the play was dead. Once Moss crosses the goal line the play is dead. So both were dead ball fouls. Not sure why, even with the pre-set amounts for infractions, that Jenkins' infraction wasn't considered to be at least as bad as Hall's. Especially given the fact that Jenkins' actions could've injured Moss. Whereas noone is afraid of Hall's swiping hands at their face.


...What?

Jenkins was touching him before he crossed the plane. He was grabbing him and then shoved him. Players don't suddenly stop momentum and movement the second the ball crosses the line.

Dez v Hall was not during a play.

I have no idea what game you were watching.

EDIT: Note. I am not defending Jenkins. It was stupid what he did. But it's not as if he suddenly came up to...wait. Moss? We are not talking about Garcon?


Yeah Garcon, that was my bad.

I was watching the same game you were.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112201/2012/REG12/redskins@cowboys#menu=highlights|contentId%3A0ap2000000099191&tab=analyze

Take a gander at the play again. He lays a hand on him just as he is crossing the plane.

Now...keep watching...

The shove takes place after Garcon crossed the end line. A full 10 yards after the play is dead and 11 yards after Jenkins first touches Garcon's jersey.

Again, play was over. Both are dead ball fouls. IMHO both are just as egregious as the other.

Edit: I know players don't just stop their momentum on a dime. But that last push was out of bounds and Jenkins had 10 yards to disengage once he saw that Garcon had scored.


Okay cool, was making sure we were talking about the same thing.

Let me start off by saying Jenkins was an idiot. Then let me say there was contact before he crossed and then after he crossed (while technically the play is over - the bodies don't stop) and then Jenkins added extra force - which was dumb. But they were not equal situations to Dez v. Hall which was done not in the heat of the moment. Where as Jenkins was.

And as LR pointed out, Hall also has a history - which influences fines whereas Jenkins does not.



Ok, I see where you're coming from. I was just looking at it from a dead ball perspective.

Still, I must disagree in that a slap to the head by a DB on a helmeted WR (is this the incident we're talking about with Hall?) is not going to cause injury. Pushing a WR into the wall at the end of the endzone could cause an injury (concussion, injury to knees, ankles, etc...). This is why I thought that that type of fine should've been higher than was levied, although I certainly understand why Hall got more than a base fine due to his history.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WalterRedskins


Joined: 14 Mar 2011
Posts: 2832
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saving up every penny so I can go to the Dallas home game. If that ends up deciding the division winner... The "RG3" chants will be so thunderous... I'm so pumped!!
_________________


ADOPT-A-REDSKIN
Fred Davis: 24 Receptions, 325 Yards - IR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sassan11


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 1208
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We closed the McClain thread so I decided to put this in here. For those of you wanting him it looks like a Titus Young situation where his teammates don't even want him anymore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62123
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
We closed the McClain thread so I decided to put this in here. For those of you wanting him it looks like a Titus Young situation where his teammates don't even want him anymore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain
thanks for posting Sassan11. Yeah, the guy is just bad news it seems all the way around and has been a dissapointment on the football field. Thanks for posting bro.

Quote:
According to FOX's Jay Glazer, suspended MLB Rolando McClain's attitude has been a problem in Oakland for awhile.
"Players there, they're telling me this has been an ongoing problem with Rolando McClain," Glazer reported Sunday. "The tipping point was last week. Somebody asked him, 'Do you even care?' He said, 'I've got four million reasons not to care.'" Like Titus Young in Detroit, McClain is going to have a hard time gaining acceptance in his own locker room. He's likely played his last game in a Raiders uniform.
Dec 4 - 6:25 PM
Source: Eric Gilmore on Twitter

Umm yeah... No thanks! Shame on you
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—TC 5; Preseason 17; Reg Season 48
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 41 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group