Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
1. London is a probowler, the nfl's leading tackler and the leading tackler of last decade. I think you're drinking too much of that green kool aid bro. Laughing Wink

2. You eagles fans are overrating Ryan's, his play has dipped the past few years, that's why the Texans were comfortable with trading him. Confused

I could use that same argument for London. The Skins seemed pretty comfortable with letting London test the open market, and did he even draw any interest?

The dude had a pretty serious Achilles injury a couple seasons ago and last year they switched to a 3-4 and he just didn't fit. I do think he improves his play over the past couple seasons and call me crazy, but I don't have a lot of trust in a 37 year old LB. No knock on London, but I just question how much he has left. I just can't fathom this guy continuing these 16 game seasons with 150+ tackles.
Please, give me a freakin break! I'm tired of London getting no respect. IMO he's the second best Ilb over the last 12 years, only second to Ray Lewis and that's a close second. People over look him and his accomplishments constantly. He does everything at a very high level.

The ravens let Ray Lewis test the open market when he was a UfA a frew years back also bro. Ray almost left and went to the Cowboys... Confused Does that mean he's overrated and they didn't really want him?

London Fletcher was always a top priority in FA and we always had a deal in place for him. He didn't sign that deal at first, it was London's option to talk to other teams and leave our offer on the table for a little bit, not the teams option to just let him shop around. London was looking for his last contract and making sure he got the bestdeal he could, I don't blame him but your idea of what happened is wrong.

Also other teams wouldn't be as interested in a 36 year old MLB as we are at retaining our team leader. he's more important to us than anyone else. Other teams didn't rate him that high becauseof his age, but that doesn't mean he's not an elite lb still. He's a starter on almost every team in the league at MLB or Ilb in the 3-4

And to adf what turtle said,there was no interest in ANY mlbs until late in FA. Top names like Lofton,Fletcher and Hawthorne sat around waiting. Certainly not because of a lack in talent. As I said before as well,I could argue our saftey tandem is better. I say that because we're currently looking for a startint 2,experimenting with a new tandem as of now. I legitimately wouldnt take and start either Eagles saftey in place of the guys we're trying out at the respective positions.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
And to and what turtle said,there was no interest in ANY mlbs until late in FA. Top names like Lofton,Fletcher and Hawthorne sat around waiting. Certainly not because of a lack in talent. As I said before as well,I could argue our saftey tandem is better. I say that because we're currently looking for a starting 2,experimenting with a new tandem as of now. I legitimately wouldnt take and start either Eagles saftey in place of the guys we're trying out at the respective positions.
excellent point, I forgot about that.

As for the safeties, it is debateable but I think I would rather have their youth at safety for sure. I really like Kirk Coleman (and not just because enplayed at Ohio State) but he's an aggressive, big hitting and pretty good ball hawking SS. HE seems be around the ball a lot and force a lot of turnovers.

Nate Allen still hasnt come totally back from his torn ACL as a rookie in 2010. This will be his 2nd year removed from the ACL surgery so I expect him to play much better this year.

It still sucks that Nate Allen was our draft pick that we gave up in the McNabb trade. he's a young promising FS, something we really really have need since Sean was killed.

Also, they have Atogwe for depth. That's pretty good depth to have. The main reason we cut Atogwe was money reasons and health, it wasn't that he couldnt play when he was healthy. We were just overpaying for what he was giving us. I wouldn't be surprised if Atogwe plays an important role on tat defense this year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
And to and what turtle said,there was no interest in ANY mlbs until late in FA. Top names like Lofton,Fletcher and Hawthorne sat around waiting. Certainly not because of a lack in talent. As I said before as well,I could argue our saftey tandem is better. I say that because we're currently looking for a starting 2,experimenting with a new tandem as of now. I legitimately wouldnt take and start either Eagles saftey in place of the guys we're trying out at the respective positions.

As for the safeties, it is debateable but I think I would rather have thir youth at safety for sure. I really like Kirk Coleman (and not just because enplayed at Ohio State) but he's an aggressive, big hitting and pretty good ball hawking SS. HE seems be around the ball a lot and force a lot of turnovers.

Nate Allen still hasnt come totally back from his torn ACL as a rookie in 2010. This will be his 2nd year removed from the ACL surgery so I expect him to play much better this year.

It still sucks that Nate Allen was our draft pick that we gave up in the McNabb trade. he's a young promising FS, something we really really have need since Sean was killed.

I think Coleman stinks,at least from what Ive seen. McNabb sucked,but I wouldnt have chosen Allen anyways,would rather have Sean Le or Brandon Spikes. I realy think Meriweather does great for us this season. The Patriots didnt cut him because he ws bad and he didnt cone close to fitting the Bears schemefrom all accounts.

mike23md on the sig
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

As for the safeties, it is debateable but I think I would rather have thir youth at safety for sure. I really like Kirk Coleman (and not just because enplayed at Ohio State) but he's an aggressive, big hitting and pretty good ball hawking SS. HE seems be around the ball a lot and force a lot of turnovers.

I think Coleman stinks,at least from what Ive seen. McNabb sucked,but I wouldnt have chosen Allen anyways,would rather have Sean Le or Brandon Spikes. I realy think Meriweather does great for us this season. The Patriots didnt cut him because he ws bad and he didnt cone close to fitting the Bears schemefrom all accounts.

Coleman doesn't stink. He is a very reliable tackler and is a very smart player. Allen is also returning to form to when he was looking like a very promising player his rookie year before his injury and has been a standout on defense this TC (along with DRC, Phillip Hunt, and Cedrick Thornton).

The Pats did cut Meriweather because he sucked and so did the Bears, dude is a straight up bum, I guess he has a chance with a fresh start but I don't see how you can expect to have a "great season" from a guy who has shown nothing. And I'm not even sure who your other S is? Tanard Jackson...?

And back to London, I wasn't trying to take a shot at him, he is one of the best players over the past decade. I was more trying to say that the whole "well they traded him so he can't be that good" isn't a fair point, I mean Randy Moss went for a 4th to the Pats.... The Texans had no cap space, they had to make a couple moves. And also, a couple of Texans' players were interviewed after the deal was made and were very mad they traded him. I'm sorry but I just don't think starting a 37 year old LB in a new system over Ryans is very smart at this point.

Quote:
Here are a few text messages from current or former players:

“WTF!! You know what they are up to?”

“Damn, man, and they talk about loyalty.”

“Cold-blooded, man, cold-blooded. But Meco will be better off for it. He’s going to dominate in Philly.”

“They don’t know what leadership means, do they? Bet they won’t finish No. 2 in defense next season.”

“It’s an ugly business. We’re not the same team without him. Gonna take a lot to replace Meco.”

Players went onto Twitter with public comments as well.

Owen Daniels: “Seriously? Meco too?”

Brian Cushing: “I wouldn’t be half the player or person I am today without @DRyans59 this one hurts. Philly got a unbelievable player and leader today. #59″

Glover Quin: “Honored to have had the chance to play with and learn from @DRyans59.. True leader and great person… Preciate you bro.”

Eric Winston (to Owen Daniels): “Watch you(r) back kid. @owendaniels you’re the last ’06 guy left.”

Matt Schaub: “Really tough to see @DRyans59 go. True leader on & off the field. Gr8 player & person who represented Htown to the upmost.”

Shaun Cody (via @HollowayisHere): “This picture says it all!”

http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2012/03/texans-trade-demeco-ryans-players-arent-happy/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Coleman doesn't stink. He is a very reliable tackler and is a very smart player. Allen is also returning to form to when he was looking like a very promising player his rookie year before his injury and has been a standout on defense this TC (along with DRC, Phillip Hunt, and Cedrick Thornton).

The Pats did cut Meriweather because he sucked and so did the Bears, dude is a straight up bum, I guess he has a chance with a fresh start but I don't see how you can expect to have a "great season" from a guy who has shown nothing. And I'm not even sure who your other S is? Tanard Jackson...?

And back to London, I wasn't trying to take a shot at him, he is one of the best players over the past decade. I was more trying to say that the whole "well they traded him so he can't be that good" isn't a fair point, I mean Randy Moss went for a 4th to the Pats.... The Texans had no cap space, they had to make a couple moves. And also, a couple of Texans' players were interviewed after the deal was made and were very mad they traded him. I'm sorry but I just don't think starting a 37 year old LB in a new system over Ryans is very smart at this point.

Quote:

“Cold-blooded, man, cold-blooded. But Meco will be better off for it. He’s going to dominate in Philly.”

“They don’t know what leadership means, do they? Bet they won’t finish No. 2 in defense next season.”

“It’s an ugly business. We’re not the same team without him. Gonna take a lot to replace Meco.”

Brian Cushing: “I wouldn’t be half the player or person I am today without @DRyans59 this one hurts. Philly got a unbelievable player and leader today. #59″

Glover Quin: “Honored to have had the chance to play with and learn from @DRyans59.. True leader and great person… Preciate you bro.”

Eric Winston (to Owen Daniels): “Watch you(r) back kid. @owendaniels you’re the last ’06 guy left.”

Matt Schaub: “Really tough to see @DRyans59 go. True leader on & off the field. Gr8 player & person who represented Htown to the upmost.”

http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2012/03/texans-trade-demeco-ryans-players-arent-happy/

Ryans is definitely a leader but not the player he once was,but at the same time he is,the best lb,you guys have.And yes Meriweather didnt fit well with the Bears,I agree. My expectations for him are based on his talent amd being humbled,talent being something that no one can deny about the guy.3 out of the 4 years he was in NE he was very productive with a decline in his 4th year. The kid will be more of an answer than Landry or Otogwe.

mike23md on the sig
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Quote:

Ryans is definitely a leader but not the player he once was,but at the same time he is,the best lb,you guys have.And yes Meriweather didnt fit well with the Bears,I agree. My expectations for him are based on his talent amd being humbled,talent being something that no one can deny about the guy.3 out of the 4 years he was in NE he was very productive with a decline in his 4th year. The kid will be more of an answer than Landry or Otogwe.

He has talent but he is dumb. He takes terrible angles and misses a lot of tackles. He reminds me of when we got Ernie Sims.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not going to argue that seeing as he does take horrendous angles. Call me naive but I think with Raheem Morris coaching him ,he will be able to get the best out of him.Yes,Sims. I thought he was gonna flourish as an Eagle.

mike23md on the sig
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celek over Davis? You're just being a blind homer now. Please don't mention Demeco Ryans in the same sentence as London Fletcher.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Celek over Davis?

Celek is a very good blocker and catches everything. It's not his fault Vick can't see him over the middle and falls in love with going deep to Maclin and Jackson. Plus he played with a sports hernia and torn labrum last season. And over the final 11 games he had 53 catches, 738 yards and 5 td's. Vick started to look his way more down the stretch, so look for him to have a big year. I expect Davis to have a big year too but I'll take the guy without any off-the-field issues.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm it seems a lot of questions will be answered here in this debate.

1. We have eagles fans claiming that Griffin is overhyped (could be true, won't know till he plays in the regular season)

2. Davis vs Celek. I admit it's close, but Celek will never be considered for a pro bowl, he's a good TE. Celek doesn't have the elite ability though, Davis does. Davis has the talent to be an elite pro bowl TE and many experts believe he will do that this year, especially with a better qb throwing him the ball. Celek is good but he's never mentioned in those terms.

3. Ryan's is an upgrade over the last few years as a MLB for the eagles, but he's not elite either and really never has been. He's been like Celek good, but not elite. There isn't one honest person in the world that knows football that will honestly say that London Fletcher isn't an elite MLB. Period

4. As far as the Safties go. Both teams continue to have major question marks, I'd take the Eagles in the future because they have youth on thir side but for this season the redskins could have the better tandem. We have experience and intelligence on our side with Madieu Williams. We have elite playmaking ability and athleticism on our side with Tanard Jackson. (those are two things the eagles dont have currently at FS). At SS it's pretty close between Meriweather and Coleman, but again Meriweather does have experience and more talent on his side. If Meriweather can just play solid (tackle below the head) football he really does have a chance to return to the pro bowl in this scheme.

All this remains to be seen though, we can talk about it till we go blue in the face but we aren't going to change either sides opinions on the matter till we see these teams play and play each they this year.

The end.

Sincerely,
Turtle28 Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing, please don't bring that up again.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/jason-witten-has-lacerated-spleen-ruled-out-next-two-weeks/

Lacerated spleen. Ouch.

There is the possibility that it could be worse due to some internal bleeding.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/15/jason-witten-has-lacerated-spleen-ruled-out-next-two-weeks/

Lacerated spleen. Ouch.

Yeah,not good. I hate to see it happen to a class act like Witten. Hopefully hes alright.

mike23md on the sig
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
1. London is a probowler, the nfl's leading tackler and the leading tackler of last decade. I think you're drinking too much of that green kool aid bro. Laughing Wink

2. You eagles fans are overrating Ryan's, his play has dipped the past few years, that's why the Texans were comfortable with trading him. Confused

I could use that same argument for London. The Skins seemed pretty comfortable letting London test the open market, and did he even draw any interest?

The dude had a pretty serious Achilles injury a couple seasons ago and last year they switched to a 3-4 and he just didn't fit. I do think he improves his play over the past couple seasons and call me crazy, but I don't have a lot of trust in a 37 year old LB. No knock on London, but I just question how much he has left. I just can't fathom this guy continuing these 16 game seasons with 150+ tackles.

No no no no no. The reason it took so long to get him signed was due to our cap space problem. Had we had all our cap space, he'd have been in much sooner.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Lacerated spleen. Ouch.

Yeah,not good. I hate to see it happen to a class act like Witten. Hopefully hes alright.
I wonder how long he'll be out? I remember this put Drew Bledsoe out for a few months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 33 of 55

Jump to: