Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Those close losses are coming back to haunt us. We could be in 1rst place after this week after the Bengals just whupped the Jints.

Right now, we're only 2 games out of 1rst place.
true, but IMO this always a learning/developing year for Griffin and the new/young playmakers.

I agree, but outside of Reggie Wayne, who does t Luck have? He's on a team that is starting rookies and guys with less talent than our team and they are 6-3 and we are 3-6. I don't want to hear about "Rebuilding year" if the Colts make the playoffs.

Tired of "Waiting" while other teams do more with less.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Those close losses are coming back to haunt us. We could be in 1rst place after this week after the Bengals just whupped the Jints.

true, but IMO this always a learning/developing year for Griffin and the new/young playmakers.

I agree, but outside of Reggie Wayne, who does t Luck have? He's on a team that is starting rookies and guys with less talent than our team and they are 6-3 and we are 3-6. I don't want to hear about "Rebuilding year" if the Colts make the playoffs.

luck has a better offensive coordinator. They don't run luck like a running back with the triple option. If we just played Griffin like a usual qb, he'd be more successful I believe.

Oh, Luck has Donnie Avery and Ty Hilton. Two of the fastest wrs in the NFL.

Avery- 4.27
Hilton- 4.34

They get separation. We chose to go with bigger wrs who don't get as good of separation as the colts wide outs do.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Luck have a better OC?
Kyle has made a leagues no.1 offense before. The very season before he came here to rebuild a team.

Thai is completely right.

If Kyle wasnt a good one. Pete wouldnt be studying his play list to use for Russell. Pete is in love with the Redskins playcalling in use for RG. Other teams with mobile qbs too. All want to take pieces from Kyles play designs.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Kyle has made a leagues no.1 offense before. The very season before he came here to rebuild a team.

If Kyle wasnt a good one. Pete wouldnt be studying his play list to use for Russell. Pete is in love with the Redskins playcalling in use for RG. Other teams with mobile qbs too. All want to take pieces from Kyles play designs.

I can't wait for that Kyle to show up here in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

I can't wait for that Kyle to show up here in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's kinda here this year...?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

arians has won a Super Bowl and been to another one

He's been their HC since Pagano got diagnosed with cancer and the team has been on a tear.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

luck has a better offensive coordinator. They don't run luck like a running back with the triple option. If we just played Griffin like a usual qb, he'd be more successful I believe.

Avery- 4.27
Hilton- 4.34

They get separation. We chose to go with bigger wrs who don't get as good of separation as the colts wide outs do.

Hehe...just ask the Raiders about how much "fast" guys pan out. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're going to be good. Avery is average and Hilton is also average.

Again, Wayne is pretty much the only other talent on that team that would start somewhere else if they had to switch teams right now.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Avery- 4.27
Hilton- 4.34

Hehe...just ask the Raiders about how much "fast" guys pan out. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're going to be good. Avery is average and Hilton is also average.

Again, Wayne is pretty much the only other talent on that team that would start somewhere else if they had to switch teams right now.
the difference is they are good. Have you watched them play?

Avery has had a string of bad luck with injuries but he's finally healthy. He was drafted by the rams in round 2 in 08 and was solid for them early on but kept getting season ending injuries.

08- 53 recs, 674 yds, 3 TDs as a rookie
09- 47 recs, 589 yds, 5 TDs

2010- Then the knee injury again. He missed the 2010 season.

2011- Came back with the titans but was buried on the depth chart behind guys they had and draft picks.

2012- he's healthy again and having a major impact for the colts offense.

9 games. 38 recs, 519 yds, 1 TD

In last years draft Ty Hilton was raved about because his speed and big playmaking ability. As a rookie and through 9 games he has 24 recs, 355 yds,
2 TDs.

The colts have two good rookie tight ends in Dwayne Allen: 25, 280 yds, 2tds

and Coby fleener who played with Luck at Stanford. 7 games, 21 recs, 222 yds

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Rejuvenated-Redskins-buoyed-by-state-of-NFC-East-43426839

Redskins are rejuvenated by the current state of the nfce. We aren't out of his thing and we played well vs the giants. In al honesty, should have won that game. Getting Meriweather back should help out our D, especially with if fervent blitz packages like we used to do with laron. Doughty is. Sound tackler, but doughty is not a good blitzer. Merriwether should make a iffernce ith tht and intimidating Wrs coming cross the middle because he's a big hitter.

I'm no so sure what o hink of Brown. I'm not counting on him to be honest.

I don't see garçon plying again this year. I see him having foot surgery.

Quote:
''It's a pain every time - walking, running, cutting,'' Garcon said. ''It's a pain all the time.''

Shanahan was guarded about Garcon's chances of playing this week. The coach will know more after a more rigorous practice Wednesday.

''I know it's painful for him, but he wanted to work through it today,'' Shanahan said. ''And we'll find out over the next few days exactly where he's at.''
doesn't sound good for Garçons chances

BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
''It's a pain every time - walking, running, cutting,'' Garcon said. ''It's a pain all the time.''

Shanahan was guarded about Garcon's chances of playing this week. The coach will know more after a more rigorous practice Wednesday.

''I know it's painful for him, but he wanted to work through it today,'' Shanahan said. ''And we'll find out over the next few days exactly where he's at.''

LOL so much for that

And BTW, don't look now Redskin fans but a Packers win over the Giants and you control your own destiny
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

LOL so much for that

And BTW, don't look now Redskin fans but a Packers win over the Giants and you control your own destiny
hopefully Garcon doesn't have any setbacks and yes! We've set ourselves up in a good position to make a run at the playoffs. This is so exciting!! Shocked

BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcon is an amazing receiver and proving that Peyton Manning did not make him. In fact he seems to even be a better more explosive fit in that system.

You could easily be in first place of your division if he hasn't been dealing with all these injuries.

It's also a scary thought of how good RGIII could be if you guys added more weapons around him in the future, but like I said, with his skill set just put a defense around that guy and watch out as the rest of that division will be at Redskins mercy for years to come
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really did think Garcon would be shut down for the season....so much for that. For any who claimed he was not the "top receiver" needed for this offense, I hope the impact he has made in minimal opportunities dissuades any more of that talk.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I really did think Garcon would be shut down for the season....so much for that. For any who claimed he was not the "top receiver" needed for this offense, I hope the impact he has made in minimal opportunities dissuades any more of that talk.
definitely. He's shut my trap and put a cast iron lock on it for sure about they noise! Laughing I'm
Happy he's here. I think next year is going to be a special year with him and our other young wrs.

Almm24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess all it took was for me to drop Pierre Garcon in fantasy.......... Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 37 of 55

Jump to: