Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint Sintim was injured for the Giants. I'm not sure how many of their players are on IR now, but it's been a rough pre-season for them.

Other than the Jarvis Jenkins injury, we've been very lucky this pre-season considering how many players have been lost this pre-season on other teams. Could be what we need to get out of the basement of the NFCE this season. Giants go down in part due to injuries, Redskins go up by staying relatively injury free.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying healthy is a key to winning games. We are lucky right now.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Clint Sintim was injured for the Giants. I'm not sure how many of their players are on IR now, but it's been a rough pre-season for them.

Other than the Jarvis Jenkins injury, we've been very lucky this pre-season considering how many players have been lost this pre-season on other teams. Could be what we need to get out of the basement of the NFCE this season. Giants go down in part due to injuries, Redskins go up by staying relatively injury free.
I heard. I think that is 4 guys. 2 CBS (thomas, Witherspoon?) Austin (2nd round pick DT) and now Stintim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footballfan39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Giants fans were screaming for this guy to be cut. What a horrible loss to our defense right? Sintim was close to losing the backup spot as well.

Despite all the injuries how many starters have the Giants lost?

ONE. Thomas.

Osi will be back soon enough and Kiwi who we didn't have for most of last year is back.

Last edited by footballfan39 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
footballfan39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I heard. I think that is 4 guys. 2 CBS (thomas, Witherspoon?) Austin (2nd round pick DT) and now Stintim

Austin is also the 4th DT.

Once again one starter. Too much is being made out of losing your #2 corner. Webster is still our best corner and believe it or not Ross is better on the outside than Thomas. Ross has had a great preseason too. Thomas is our biggest playmaker in the secondary. He gets beat tin coverage all the time is more suited to be a nickel CB/3rd safety.
DaSkins804

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Wilson was cut by the Eagles.
footballfan39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually come to think of it losing Thomas doesn't change the Redskins Giants matchup too much. The Redskins unlike the Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals don't have the receivers to exploit the slightly weak CBs the Giants have.

Moss put up horrible numbers in 2010 when he was being covered by Webster. Webster should shut him down as he almost always does.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan39 wrote:
Actually come to think of it losing Thomas doesn't change the Redskins Giants matchup too much. The Redskins unlike the Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Cardinals don't have the receivers to exploit the slightly weak CBs the Giants have.

Moss put up horrible numbers in 2010 when he was being covered by Webster. Webster should shut him down as he almost always does.

Armstrong scored a 1td in the first and second giants game..

Thomas wont be playing .....Moss didn't even do bad those two games.

Jabar Gaffney is argubly a underrated WR that runs very good routes and has good hands.

Either way be prepared I don't see any of your CB's matching up we'll with us at all..Thomas and Prince won't be playing either.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan39 wrote:

You're delusional. Santana Moss had 9 catches for 74 yards against the Giants in the finale last year which happened to be the second-most catches he had in a game all of last season. And considering we have three guys on the roster who had over 800 yards receiving last year I don't see how you can say we don't have the receivers to exploit your secondary? Last year Anthony Armstrong had 6 catches for 97 yards and a touchdown against the Giants in the first matchup and 2 catches for 84 yards, including a 64 yard touchdown catch in the second matchup. As a matter of fact Rex Grossman threw for 336 yards and 2 touchdowns against your vaunted secondary last year.
midniterc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
footballfan39 wrote:

You're delusional. Santana Moss had 9 catches for 74 yards against the Giants in the finale last year which happened to be the second-most catches he had in a game all of last season. And considering we have three guys on the roster who had over 800 yards receiving last year I don't see how you can say we don't have the receivers to exploit your secondary? Last year Anthony Armstrong had 6 catches for 97 yards and a touchdown against the Giants in the first matchup and 2 catches for 84 yards, including a 64 yard touchdown catch in the second matchup. As a matter of fact Rex Grossman threw for 336 yards and 2 touchdowns against your vaunted secondary last year.

It's fun watching a troll get beat over the head with facts.
richierich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if theres ever a time to end this losing streak to the midgets, its this sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footballfan39 wrote:

I know...I did it in the General Forum when he was blaming their 2007 loss to us at NY on the OC calling too many passes. I gave him the facts and all he did was attack me personally. Since I whipped out the facts and showed him to be wrong? Nothing but crickets...

Here's the link:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=459088&start=45

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
footballfan39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
footballfan39 wrote:

I think you are delusional or you just didn't read what I wrote.

Webster didn't play in the last game. He was ruled inactive. When Webster was covering Moss in the first game he had an impressive 2 catches for 24 yards. He had 55 yards and 6 yards against the Giants in 2009. And 55 and 37 yards in 2008. I believe Moss hasn't scored a TD on us since September of 2008.

Btw all 3 of those WRs combined for 11 TDs. The same as Nicks had by himself.

Also 74 yards and 0 TDs. Amazing. Manningham had more than 100 yards in each of the last three games and 4 TDs in this time span. Your corners aren't great either. Hall gambles and while he makes plays he gets burned as we saw from the longest offensive play of 2010 he gave up to Manningham. He also won't be covering Manningham this time around with Nicks playing this game. If he is covering Nicks and decides to gamble the Redskins are in trouble.
footballfan39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
midniterc wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footballfan39 wrote:

I know...I did it in the General Forum when he was blaming their 2007 loss to us at NY on the OC calling too many passes. I gave him the facts and all he did was attack me personally. Since I whipped out the facts and showed him to be wrong? Nothing but crickets...

Like I said Gilbride still called too many passes. He should have stuck to the run (and utilized Bradshaw more)and call a few long play action passes. I don't know why this offends you. I blamed it on the Giants not having a good gameplan. The Redskins did so they won. Forgive me if I don't respond to everything right away.

And saying maybe you should read what I wrote is a personal attack then what is you saying don't get your panties in a bunch. What ridiculous logic you have.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan39 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footballfan39 wrote:

I think you are delusional or you just didn't read what I wrote.

Webster didn't play in the last game. He was ruled inactive. When Webster was covering Moss in the first game he had an impressive 2 catches for 24 yards. He had 55 yards and 6 yards against the Giants in 2009. And 55 and 37 yards in 2008. I believe Moss hasn't scored a TD on us since September of 2008.

Btw all 3 of those WRs combined for 11 TDs. The same as Nicks had by himself.

Also 74 yards and 0 TDs. Amazing. Manningham had more than 100 yards in each of the last three games and 4 TDs in this time span. Your corners aren't great either. Hall gambles and while he makes plays he gets burned as we saw from the longest offensive play of 2010 he gave up to Manningham. He also won't be covering Manningham this time around with Nicks playing this game. If he is covering Nicks and decides to gamble the Redskins are in trouble.

And in other games Moss has gotten the best of Webster. I think both have battled each other and gotten the best of each other.

But lets take a look at the 2010 production out of your current receivers since you think they are world beaters and see if we can compare your WR corps to ours... mmmkay???

You had only 2 WRs currently on your team that had productive years last year. And a 3rd who hasn't had a decent year since 2008.

Your top 3 WRs (currently on your team) and their production last year (from any team)?

Hakeem Nicks = 79rec/1052yds/11TDs
Mario Manningham = 60rec/944yds/9TDs
Ramses Barden = 5rec/54yds/0TDs

Top 2 are pretty nice totals. But about what I would expect out of WRs who are playing in a system that has been in place for a few years and who has the benefit of playing with an OL that can actually block.

Our top 3?

Santana Moss = 93rec/1115yds/6TDs
Jabar Gaffney = 65rec/875yds/2TDs
Anthony Armstrong = 44rec/871yds/3TDs

Not really seeing a night and day comparison here given the overall ineptitude of the Redskins OL last year and the QB failure we had in Skippy McBouncepass. In fact, its more impressive that Armstrong and Moss could put up the numbers they did with what they had to work with.

So, while you may think the Jints WRs are an "elite combo", as I said before, switch OLs and QBs and see how their production changes. My point is that I don't think the Jints WR corps (as a unit) is anymore scary than what the Redskins have.

I do agree that Hall gambles too much. I'd really like to see him gamble less. But then again, this also means less INTs as well so its kind of feast or famine with him.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 3 of 55

Jump to: