Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonu62882

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I love that deal. It's going to come back to haunt them, big time.

Lol yea wanna hear something? desean Jackson isn't signed yet. And Eagle fans are delusional to still think Steve Smith is gonna be back in time to some how play in a high level.

If Steve Smith plays high than he will want a huge contract . Either way how Philly fan make it out to be they are getting - over.

Show me where Eagles fans think SS is going to play at a high level? We're hopeful that he can return to Pro-Bowl form, but we're not "delusional" into thinking that he will actually do it for certain. But, he will, most likely, be reporting to action sooner than expected.

Now, if you want to talk about delusions of grandeur, we can go over some of your posts and fellow Skins fans' posts.

I have no idea what you're getting at in that second comment. I mean if he plays well, he will want money? Good job at stating the obvious.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donthate48 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Almost identical to Albert Haynesworth's contract. Oh boy, does this make me happy! Very Happy

I said the exact same thing when I found out Laughing

As for my picks, I really see the eagles being weak this year, Andy Reid doesn't know how to coach a Superbowl winning team, and the front office is obviously getting impatient, hence them going the redskins route. The key to beating Michael Vick is having a solid front 4 (or 3 with a good back up 4). Look at what the bears did to him in the play offs. Vick only runs over non athletic players, and fortunately for us, we have fresh legs in our backfield.

Assuming Laron stays healthy, and OJ can perform as consistent as he has been, I guarentee the redskins will be at the worst 8-8. (we play the NFC WEST for crying out loud!) I think the Eagles reign in the NFC east is almost over, and its about damn time we reclaim the throne! However this probably won't happen this year, and I bet the eagles win the division, followed by the giants barely beating us and the cowgirls.

You contradicted yourself there. Teams that win a division - generally - aren't weak unless you play in the NFC West.

And I didn't know we played the Bears in the playoffs. That's news to me.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Donthate48 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Almost identical to Albert Haynesworth's contract. Oh boy, does this make me happy! Very Happy

I said the exact same thing when I found out Laughing

As for my picks, I really see the eagles being weak this year, Andy Reid doesn't know how to coach a Superbowl winning team, and the front office is obviously getting impatient, hence them going the redskins route. The key to beating Michael Vick is having a solid front 4 (or 3 with a good back up 4). Look at what the bears did to him in the play offs. Vick only runs over non athletic players, and fortunately for us, we have fresh legs in our
backfield.

Assuming Laron stays healthy, and OJ can perform as consistent as he has been, I guarentee the redskins will be at the worst 8-8. (we play the NFC WEST for crying out loud!) I think the Eagles reign in the NFC east is almost over, and its about damn time we reclaim the throne! However this probably won't happen this year, and I bet the eagles win the division, followed by the giants barely beating us and the cowgirls.

You contradicted yourself there. Teams that win a division - generally - aren't weak unless you play in the NFC West.

And I didn't know we played the Bears in the playoffs. That's news to me.
you are correct, the team that knocked you out in the 1st round at home (typical Vick fashion) was the Packers.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Lol yea wanna hear something? desean Jackson isn't signed yet. And Eagle fans are delusional to still think Steve Smith is gonna be back in time to some how play in a high level.

If Steve Smith plays high than he will want a huge contract . Either way how Philly fan make it out to be they are getting - over.

Show me where Eagles fans think SS is going to play at a high level? We're hopeful that he can return to Pro-Bowl form, but we're not "delusional" into thinking that he will actually do it for certain. But, he will, most likely, be reporting to action sooner than expected.

Now, if you want to talk about delusions of grandeur, we can go over some of your posts and fellow Skins fans' posts.

I have no idea what you're getting at in that second comment. I mean if he plays well, he will want money? Good job at stating the obvious.

Look, if Andy Reid can make Freddy Mitchell into a decent receiver Steve Smith just has to show up to play like him.

The Eagles don't have much to worry about on their roster as far as WR's go. They have Maclin and Jackson (who will sign eventually), Riley Cooper and Sinorice Moss. I don't see them really going after TO anytime soon.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Look, if Andy Reid can make Freddy Mitchell into a decent receiver Steve Smith just has to show up to play like him.

The Eagles don't have much to worry about on their roster as far as WR's go. They have Maclin and Jackson (who will sign eventually), Riley Cooper and Sinorice Moss. I don't see them really going after TO anytime soon.
Jackson is in camp and playing in preseason games, dashing overreacts to things. He just hasn't signed a new deal yet, I'm sure eventually it will happen when the eagles feel the time is right, their top priority was Vick and IMO, rightfully so after how he played last year (MVP like) till the playoffs.

Maclin is still sick with whatever he had IMO Vick misses Maclin because he is their most complete wr and most reliable. Steve Smith hasn't played that I know of because he is recovering from Microfracture surgery on his knee, yet to be determined how he will play when he's back. Riley Cooper and Sinorice Moss don't scare anyone, especially Moss who didn't even play in the league last year. He has a grand total of 3 receptions for 27 yards this preseason. Despite all the giants injuries at wr they never called him back.. Confused His claim to fame is still being Santanas younger brother.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Fantasy Football Breaking News

Steve Smith: Eagles WR Smith likely to miss Week 1

Steve Smith - WR - PHI - Aug. 29 - 5:46 pm et

Eagles coach Andy Reid hinted Monday that Steve Smith (knee) is unlikely to be ready for Week 1. Reid said Smith "might be a little longer," while confirming he expects Jeremy Maclin (illness) to be available against the Rams. Smith resumed practicing Saturday and will not begin the season on the PUP list. That's all good news, but his role is very much up in the air as a No. 4 receiver at best coming off major knee surgery. He isn't worth a roster spot in 12-team leagues. Aug. 29 - 5:46 pm et

Source: Reuben Frank on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4227&line=210897&spln=1

Steve smith sounds like a major question mark to me and it doesn't seem like there is a timetable for his return exactly.

Donthate48

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about my earlier post, I was just rambling to be honest! All I meant to say is that our division isn't going to be as tough as people make it out to be, I still think that the Eagles win it, but they are on the path to destruction.

^^ Good looks by Walter on the skin
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donthate48 wrote:
sorry about my earlier post, I was just rambling to be honest! All I meant to say is that our division isn't going to be as tough as people make it out to be, I still think that the Eagles win it, but they are on the path to destruction.
I agree. Last year our division wasn't that good and I don't expect it to be any better this year. Even if philfy makes the playoffs I dont expect them to win more than 1 game in them.

jonu62882

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

Eagles coach Andy Reid hinted Monday that Steve Smith (knee) is unlikely to be ready for Week 1. Reid said Smith "might be a little longer," while confirming he expects Jeremy Maclin (illness) to be available against the Rams. Smith resumed practicing Saturday and will not begin the season on the PUP list. That's all good news, but his role is very much up in the air as a No. 4 receiver at best coming off major knee surgery. He isn't worth a roster spot in 12-team leagues. Aug. 29 - 5:46 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4227&line=210897&spln=1

Steve smith sounds like a major question mark to me and it doesn't seem like there is a timetable for his return exactly.

No one knows what SS's contribution will because he's coming off a major knee injury when he's a WR that relies on precise routes and sharp cuts, but the fact that he's not going on the regular season PUP list indicates that the coaching staff believes he'll be ready to play before week 6 (which is not what the initial reports said from when he was still a FA).

I don't think anyone realistically expected him to be ready by week 1, but I believe he'll be ready by week 3 (Giants-Eagles) or week 4 at the latest.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

No one knows what SS's contribution will because he's coming off a major knee injury when he's a WR that relies on precise routes and sharp cuts, but the fact that he's not going on the regular season PUP list indicates that the coaching staff believes he'll be ready to play before week 6 (which is not what the initial reports said from when he was still a FA).

I don't think anyone realistically expected him to be ready by week 1, but I believe he'll be ready by week 3 (Giants-Eagles) or week 4 at the latest.
Yeah, I'd say if there is any game he wants to be ready for it would be vs the Eagles.

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

How could this possibly make you happy? He is one of the most exciting players in football and leaves it all on the field, Albert Haynesworth he is not. When you have a franchise-level QB you pay him accordingly and the Eagles did so. How anyone as a Redskin fan can look at the Eagles QB situation and laugh about paying Vick the money they did is beyond me? We are currently having a QB battle between Rex Grossman and John friggen Beck for Christ sakes. If I were a fan of another team I would be laughing my butt off, its embarrassing. One of our QB's sported a mullet that made him look like he was straight out of deliverance and the other is one beer bong away from forgetting to show up to the game. I can't wait until this season is over and Luck, Barkley or Jones is gearing up to take snaps for the Redskins.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not act like Vick is the best qb in the league or something. What's he done in the playoffs? I'll tell ya, nothing. He's got a lot to prove IMO. He has one great season and everyone acts like he's going to run all over the whole league or something, then he chokes in the cold weather at home. Go figure! He didn't look so hot vs Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and the eagles OL has looked like trash all preseason. Dream team my -

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Lets not act like Vick is the best qb in the league or something. What's he done in the playoffs? I'll tell ya, nothing. He's got a lot to prove IMO. He has one great season and everyone acts like he's going to run all over the whole league or something, then he chokes in the cold weather at home. Go figure! He didn't look so hot vs Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and the eagles OL has looked like trash all preseason. Dream team my -

So Philip Rivers is not an elite QB because he doesn't win in the playoffs? Michael Vick has had several very good seasons and took his team to Lambeau and beat the Packers in the playoffs something no one had ever done before. Face it Turtle, the Eagles are a very good team that got better this off-season whether you like it or not.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

So Philip Rivers is not an elite QB because he doesn't win in the playoffs? Michael Vick has had several very good seasons and took his team to Lambeau and beat the Packers in the playoffs something no one had ever done before. Face it Turtle, the Eagles are a very good team that got better this off-season whether you like it or not.
It remains to be seen IMHO with all the new players and how they will fit in. Then their line backers and safeties are very, very young. Their OL is bad and has had a lot of Change. I don't know, I'm just not jumping on that bandwagon. I remember us in 2000 and their offseason reminds me of ours that year.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

Lol yea wanna hear something? desean Jackson isn't signed yet.

That's the more interesting situation. I don't think he'll be allowed out of Philadelphia, but given all the money being tossed around, I think I would be a bit miffed if I were DeSean.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 2 of 55

Jump to: