Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three Lions Official Thread - And there it is.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Three Lions Official Thread - And there it is. Reply with quote

Most Capped Player (Active)

Peter Shilton 125 (Steve Gerrard 113)

Most International Goals (Active)

Sir Bobby Charlton 49 (Wayne Rooney 40)

Last edited by texans_uk on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:03 am; edited 10 times in total
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Recent Call-Ups

Quote:
Goalkeepers
Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City), David Stockdale (Ipswich Town - loan)

Defenders
Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), Micah Richards (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders
Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (West Ham United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Manchester United)

Forwards
Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should still be playing Owen...
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:

The bigger issue is Michael Carrick.

He can't crack our starting lineup and is behind Fletcher and Giggs.

He shouldn't be anywhere close to the England set-up.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I agree about Carrick, same with Barry. I just think that Owen will always score goals, in the same way Klose and Podolski still found themselves in the German team despite not being in top form for their clubs at the time. Owen will always score for England, but I've lost a lot of interest in International Football, I just care much more for the four clubs I follow.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I agree about Carrick, same with Barry. I just think that Owen will always score goals, in the same way Klose and Podolski still found themselves in the German team despite not being in top form for their clubs at the time. Owen will always score for England, but I've lost a lot of interest in International Football, I just care much more for the four clubs I follow.

I agree. Although I honestly think Owen won't play another game for England.

I think a lot of fans are being put off, Capello really should go, we need to reinvigorise the national side. The performance in 2010 would have seen 99% of managers given the boot, but the geniuses at the FA extended his contract before the tournament!!

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I agree. Although I honestly think Owen won't play another game for England.

I think a lot of fans are being put off, Capello really should go, we need to reinvigorise the national side. The performance in 2010 would have seen 99% of managers given the boot, but the geniuses at the FA extended his contract before the tournament!!

Capello has lost any sense of authority, after the world cup there were calls for youth to come in, next squad Capello puts in loads of young players, I just think he's totally lost it. He won't pick Owen again I could guarantee, and I don't think anything that Owen does would change Capello's mind. With the disasters of his rating players website, the Terry captaincy fiasco and the way he seems to just cave into whatever the vibe is in the press at the time I think we need to bite the bullett and sack him.

I don't know how others feel but I don't see how Harry can't do Tottenham and England. If it's a non-important friendly or something then just let Stuart Pearce run it and leave Harry with Spurs, he can go off to the Summer International Competitions without harming Spurs. He'd be a much better manager. Either do that or just have managers for one tournament at a time, and just a compotent tactician and inspirational figure.

I got annoyed at the people on Sky trying to compare the football to the cricket team becoming world #1. Cricket and Footballl don't compare, with central contracts and that the population only care about international cricket. You'll never get a model like cricket to work in football.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the England job is probably the hardest in the world.

The expectations from the nation are so unrealisitic, people forget we haven't made the semi final of a World Cup since 1990 and a Euros since 1996. And yet we expect nothing less.

The media here are unlike anywhere else in the world too, they hound players and managers visciously.

Capello needs to go. Pearce isn't up to the national team.

I don't know who should be the manager, but its a tough job.

Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry & co. need to be dropped.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I think the England job is probably the hardest in the world.

The expectations from the nation are so unrealisitic, people forget we haven't made the semi final of a World Cup since 1990 and a Euros since 1996. And yet we expect nothing less.

The media here are unlike anywhere else in the world too, they hound players and managers visciously.

Capello needs to go. Pearce isn't up to the national team.

I don't know who should be the manager, but its a tough job.

Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry & co. need to be dropped.

It's certainly up there and we probably won't achieve anything until we lower the pressure and expectations placed upon the team and managers. I think Harry Redknap ought to be manager but I don't see why he can't do Spurs as well. Pearce could be his eyes and ears scouting players, plus Harry would see players anyway.

It's time for Barry, Lampard, Ferdinand (IMO), Carrick to go. But we should keep Gerrard, bring back Owen and probably even consider bringing back Beckham. Younger players like Walker, Richards, Cleverley, Kelly should be tried out as well.

I think we need to get rid of Walcott,a rubbish player. If he comes up against a fast player he has nothing, hence how Jack Robinson managed to blanket him.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I would bench Glen Johnson and get rid of John Terry too.

My dream team is:
(4-4-2)

Joe Hart

Kyle Walker
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Leighton Baines

Adam Johnson
Jack Wilshere
Tom Cleverley
Ashley Young

Danny Welbeck
Wayne Rooney

In terms of trying out all our best young players.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

My dream team is:
(4-4-2)

Joe Hart

Kyle Walker
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Leighton Baines

Adam Johnson
Jack Wilshere
Tom Cleverley
Ashley Young

Danny Welbeck
Wayne Rooney

I think Johnson is good, very good attacking RB and good enough defensively. I see no reason why RB can't change depending on the opponent and when facing a great winger I'd play a better defender but I think Johnson definitely needs to be in the squad. I think Johnson needs to leave City desperately to play every week.

Hart (that's a given)

Johnson/Richards
Smalling
Jones
Cole (still the best for me)

Young
Gerrard (c)
Wilshere
Johnson

Rooney
Owen

I'd play that side pretty much now. I think Gerrard is the best captain available, it's just this silly notion that a CB makes a good captain. With Welbeck and Sturridge ready to come in, Cleverely and McEachran as well. We shouldn't overload it with youths for the sake of it though.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

My dream team is:
(4-4-2)

Joe Hart

Kyle Walker
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Leighton Baines

Adam Johnson
Jack Wilshere
Tom Cleverley
Ashley Young

Danny Welbeck
Wayne Rooney

I think Johnson is good, very good attacking RB and good enough defensively. I see no reason why RB can't change depending on the opponent and when facing a great winger I'd play a better defender but I think Johnson definitely needs to be in the squad. I think Johnson needs to leave City desperately to play every week.

Hart (that's a given)

Johnson/Richards
Smalling
Jones
Cole (still the best for me)

Young
Gerrard (c)
Wilshere
Johnson

Rooney
Owen

I'd play that side pretty much now. I think Gerrard is the best captain available, it's just this silly notion that a CB makes a good captain. With Welbeck and Sturridge ready to come in, Cleverely and McEachran as well. We shouldn't overload it with youths for the sake of it though.

Agreed, mine would be for experimental purposes mainly with the view to 2014. Cole is 30, Gerrard is 31 and G.Johnson for me will never become a good enough RB defensively to warrant a place for England. There is a reason Dalglish has been experimenting with him at RWB.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Agreed, mine would be for experimental purposes mainly with the view to 2014. Cole is 30, Gerrard is 31 and G.Johnson for me will never become a good enough RB defensively to warrant a place for England. There is a reason Dalglish has been experimenting with him at RWB.

I think players of the quality of Gerrard and Cole can last to then maybe. Providing they remain injury free which is doubtful.

As I said there are times when Johnson's defensive deficiencies make him inappropriate for a full time RB. But his quality going forward makes him a valuable asset who should definitely be involved, he gives us ane extra attacker to help break down defensive teams.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

I think players of the quality of Gerrard and Cole can last to then maybe. Providing they remain injury free which is doubtful.

As I said there are times when Johnson's defensive deficiencies make him inappropriate for a full time RB. But his quality going forward makes him a valuable asset who should definitely be involved, he gives us ane extra attacker to help break down defensive teams.

If anything I would like to see Smalling at RB. He has been a boss there for United.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

If anything I would like to see Smalling at RB. He has been a boss there for United.

He has looked good but I thought he'd move back once Rafael recovers and pair up with Jones?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 1 of 76

Jump to: