Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Scouting Combine/Cutting Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: NFL Scouting Combine/Cutting Players Reply with quote

Well it seems as tomorrow is the big day to cut players. Who do you guys think will be cut? I believe Coakley will be cut, and not traded as most of you think.

Also, Wednesday is the start of the NFL Scouting Combine, and since i dont have NFL Network anymore, can anyone keep us posted on who is doing good/bad.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coakley will be cut, and Wiley will probably get the axe after June 1 unless we can trade him for a conditional 6th or 7th rounder (he isn't worth anything more than that).

My main concern isn't who is being cut, just that Washington will sign a free agent WR with the release of Coles. I don't want Mike Williams going to the Redskins.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington HAS to trade down. They don't have enough picks. They need to get these young players to fall back on once the have to cut the rest of their roster. If they don't trade back, it looks like Ramsy, Sean Taylor and Mike Williams if they draft at 9. Thats not a good core, because they will have to cut everyone else. they desperately need more picks.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also need to replenish their offensive line. A lot of what they do may depend on whether they can trade Rod Gardner. With so many WR's becoming free agents, they may not be able to unload him. If they can't, trading down is really their only option.

I hope that we can work out a trade with Arizona before Washington even has their pick. We can still get Williams no matter what. Plus, trading up 3 spots won't be very expensive, especially if we trade La'Roi Glover before then. His trade will buffer the blow.
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Combine starts tonight. They only show an hour a day if i remember correctly, so if anyone can watch it and relay any good information, it would be greatly appreciated.
gm81271

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually heard the NFL channel will be airing like eight hours of it live starting through the weekend in two hour blocks!!
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangit, i wish i still had that channel!
denjenn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Coakley will be cut. I think I read on CowboysPlus that he has agreed to restructure his deal.
gm81271

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a television first, NFL Network will provide exclusive live coverage of the annual NFL Scouting Combine beginning Saturday, Feb. 26 at 12 p.m. ET and continuing through Tuesday, March 1.

Building off last year's success of televising taped nightly coverage of the annual event that puts draft-eligible players through a variety of tests, NFL Network will present the first live coverage from inside the RCA Dome in Indianapolis while the Combine is in progress.

For the second straight year, NFL Network will provide fans with the most comprehensive look at the nation's top collegiate players competing to improve their Draft positions.

NFL Network will air two hours daily of live workouts from Saturday through Tuesday, featuring future NFL players participating in numerous position drills, including the famed 40-yard-dash. The live afternoon Scouting Combine workouts will re-air on NFL Network each night from 8 p.m. ET/PT to 10 p.m. ET/PT.
gm81271

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw only on Direct Tv!! so I cant watch!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: