Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 2: Eagles @ Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Steelers
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Eagles
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Bubble players
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Who cares?
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Preseason Week 2: Eagles @ Steelers Reply with quote

Week 2 Preseason

@

Thursday, Aug. 18 PHILADELPHIA 8 p.m. FOX/WPGH-TV

Last week:

Steelers-Lost to the Redskins. The Redskins kept in their starters for most of the game allowing us to see what the bubble players could do against 1st stringers. Sep looked good, as well as Mundy and a few others. But a short training camp showed many flaws on our team.

Eagles-Beat the Ravens. I didn't get to hear too much about the game except that the Ravens O-line was horrible.

But for further info on the Eagles I asked Eagles mod Nabbs4U a few questions which he gracefully replied.

stillersenat wrote:

1. So I heard the Eagles weren't too active in the FA market. Did you get ANY name FAs?

Nabbs4u wrote:
Actually the Eagles have been pretty inactive so far. Seems as though they have been playing a lot of board games during the off season like Scrabble and Monopoly. They've found creative ways to use abbreviations and 4 letter words like DRC, Hunt and Page. Andy Reid is notorious for watching Soap Opera's like the Young and the Restless. You know shows where brand new background characters usually shoot off at the mouth without thinking twice about it. To be honest it's been frustrating watching all the FA talent be sucked up and away to other teams while we stand pat. Frustrating I say, frustrating. Wink

2. OK, on a more serious note: How are the rookies looking especially with so many veterans taking up the roster spots?

Nabbs4u wrote:
Actually thats the funny thing people tend to forget. A lot of these signings were for depth at certain positions not necessarily starters. Yes we have Nnamdi ,Babin and Jenkins penciled in as starters along with DRC as the Nickle but the majority are back-ups. We ironically might be starting more Rookies then signed FA. Right now assuming they are healthy it looks as though we might be starting 4 possibly 5 rookies as well in 2011. Starting with 1st rd pick Danny Watkins at RG. The coaching staff has fallen in love surprisingly with Casey Matthews at MLB. 2nd rd Pick Jaiquawn Jarrett will be battling Kurt Coleman for the Safety spot opposite 2nd yr player Nate Allen. The FO/Coaching Staff made a bold decision this off season by going with 2 Rookies at both Kicker (Alex Henery) and punter (Chas Henry). Also fighting for a starting spot on the roster although I highly doubt he gets the nod over Jamal Jackson is 6th rd pick OC Jason Kelce. Someone who has been downright dominate in OL/DL drills thus far in camp and a Howard Mudd favorite.

3. Who has been the stand-out in the preseason so far?

Nabbs4u wrote:
Honestly it's to early to tell. Vick has looked sharp not only the 1 drive last week against the Ravens but all camp. This despite not having his top two WR's in DeSean and Maclin. However their absence allowed players like Riley Cooper, Chad Hall and Sinorice Moss to shine in practices. With Jim Washburns new 9 wide technique what we all thought to be lost causes like DE Daryl Tapp ,DE DTO and DT Trevor Laws have all of a sudden shown a pulse. Rookie RB Dion Lewis although small in stature has shown a quickness/burst and seems to be a smaller version of LeSean McCoy which is never a bad thing.

4. How are the Eagles (on paper) stacking up with the rest of the NFC East?

Nabbs4u wrote:
Thats just it , on paper. We all know Paper Champs rarely win anything in sports. There is no denying the talent that was assembled this off season to make a SB run. Whether or not we stay healthy and come together as a complete unit in all 3 phases of the game is yet to be determined. On paper we addressed our biggest need from last season, the secondary. Adding two more Pro Bowl caliber CB to play along side Asante Samuel "should" make throwing the ball for opposing QB like Romesica, Eli-May and which ever Gilligan Washington chooses a nightmare. Especially if the front 4 get the pressure we all believe will happen under Washburns system. Dallas is Dallas. Always a contender but usually choking on some chicken some where, crying in interviews or having songs written about them by angry Ex-girlfriends. The Giants seem to have a mental block when it comes to beating the Eagles the past 3 seasons. Their QB's favorite receiver happens to play CB for the Eagles. Their Safeties usually get burnt by DeSean more often then a broken toaster set on low. Washington's like the irritating younger brother who's never really all that good when playing you one on one but always seems to keep it close because you play down to their level.

5. Do you think with all of the FAs and such that there might be trouble in the lockeroom?

Nabbs4u wrote:
Locker room No ,playing field possibly! It's always a crap shoot when you have this much turnover from season to season. We did it post NFCCG in 08' letting a lot of Key contributors over the years go in 09' ,again in 2010 signing 11 of our drafted Rookies while letting go our Franchise QB and RB as well. If it was any other team I might say yes. But given the strength of our Coaching Staff and FO and the fact we have basically done a complete Rebuild in 3 yrs I just don't think it will be as bad as some think/hope it to be.

6. How would Eagles fans like a PA SB?

Nabbs4u wrote:
I think they would love it and be hesitant at the same time. I know I would be. On one hand you would have statewide enthusiasm , excitement and trash talking. On the other primarily with Eagle Fans knowing they are going up against a Team that has been to 3 SB the past 6 yrs, 4 if it was to happen in 2011. That alone makes me hesitant. However Not that I would ever want to lose ,if it was to happen why not the Steelers. I'd think the feeling would be mutual if the unthinkable Cool god forbid was to happen to Pittsburgh.

7. Any injuries of note so far?

Nabbs4u wrote:
As of now (Sat. 13th) it looks as though

Jeremy Maclin will not play.
RT King Dunlap is day to day with a Knee Sprain.
OG Fenuki Tupou also has a leg injury and is day to day.
Everyone else should be a Go??

Thanks for your time.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....

Last edited by stillersenat on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality work as always! Great gameday thread.

Glad I will get to watch this week... although I will be at work but now that I work in an office I will be watching!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. So I heard the Eagles weren't too active in the FA market. Did you get ANY name FAs?

Excellent use of sarcasm. Took me a second to recognize!
B&G MVP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the insight Nabbs4u! And excellent gameday thread stillersenat. Smile
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&G MVP wrote:
Thanks for all of the insight Nabbs4u! And excellent gameday thread stillersenat. Smile

No problem. After reading the questions stillersenat PM'd me I felt compelled to not only help out but answer them appropriately, especially #4. Cool Good luck and here's to hopefully a injury free game Thursday and rest of the pre-season for both clubs.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 10 Gm/ 57 Rec/ 921 Yds/ 9 TD/ 16.2 YPC/
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work stillersnat and nice interview Nabbs4u.

Its pretty sad that the Eagles have 3 CBs better than anything we have, (I would take Ike over DRC, but not by much and DRC has alot of upside).

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great test for our O-line...

Who am I kidding, I just hope Ben's in one piece after the game Crying or Very sad
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErnestoGuevara wrote:
Great test for our O-line...

Who am I kidding, I just hope Ben's in one piece after the game Crying or Very sad

I was at the Eagles game 3 years ago when he got pummeled. It was an awful thing to witness.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-surgery-to-sideline-taylor-for-3-weeks-1167436?p=0

Steelers Notebook

Some recent transactions and injury updates.
Also they must have been impressed with Tony Hills play at guard Friday night he is in the mix the right guard starting spot.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, we can make a trade for Asante after Reid and Tomlin get together. Dammit, we need another Quality CB!!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gunny Highway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be amazing if Hills beat out someone for a starting spot. A project that pans out ! What a concept !!!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunny Highway wrote:
It would be amazing if Hills beat out someone for a starting spot. A project that pans out ! What a concept !!!

Jebrick was right...the staff isnt high on Foster at all despite him paying well last year.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to join us as well in the Eagles Forum if you want. Good Luck

Preseason Week 2: PHI @ PIT

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 10 Gm/ 57 Rec/ 921 Yds/ 9 TD/ 16.2 YPC/
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Gilbert did pretty well last week. I would love to see what he's got against Philly's front 7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Hopefully, we can make a trade for Asante after Reid and Tomlin get together. Dammit, we need another Quality CB!!

Asante wouldn't be too good in a zone scheme like LeBeau's. He'd be expected to tackled

Asante is best in off-man. This isn't a Steelers type of move anyways, so this would never happen even if the Steelers had the cap

But to answer the question about a PA Super Bowl as an Eagles fan in Pittsburgh, that game could go either way for me. If Eagles won, it would make it an epic game. If the Steelers win, I would hear about this for the rest of my time in Pittsburgh. That could be a decade.

That would drive me nuts and pray for another two matchups so we could do best of 3, but what are the chances of that happening?

I would prefer to play a team like the Chargers, Jets, Ravens or Colts because they are all notorious for choking.

Some teams it's their coach like the Chargers and Colts and some it's the QB like the Jets, Ravens, or Colts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: