Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pdogg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Salary Cap Reply with quote

Someone plaese explain to me how we are only 2.5 million under the cap.The past 3 seasons we have a record of 13-35 and only one (Urlacher) premier player on our roster .I know we are paying Tait and Awale huge roster bonusses but who else is eating up our space? Elite teakm like the Eagles with great talent all around are discussing bringing in Muhammed and my G.M. says don't anticipate any big moves....its getting very frustrating to be bad and broke.Someone please explain to me how this happebed and what is the master plan.Oh i forgot i'm sure we don't have one!
dacoach13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sporting news explains their situation a little
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3410286
i think this may help.
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the cap figure off the commish site then check again. I believe you have 16-19 million.
Most of the original projections were wrong.
redwing5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"[quote]8 Chicago Bears $17.757 M
The Bears are in outstanding cap shape -- and may be able to clear up even more space with some cuts here and there. With that said, we see them as a team willing to make a number of minor moves -- but unwilling to get in on high ticket bidding wars. Thanks to Lloyd Thomas (the Capmeister) for the well researched, updated numbers! This figure does take into account Quinn's release[/quote]." -askthecommish.com

The bears are #8 in terms of cap room and look good going into FA with at least 10.5-11 mil for free agency.
USNinc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they had more then 2.5. That doesn't even cover the rookie signing pool.
redwing5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!
USNinc go to this web page...
http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

It will show you that as o today the bears Cap #'s are 8th in the league with $17.757 M of space not alloting the needed amount for the draft (about 6 mil, but maybe less with no rd 3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: