Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading with the Browns...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Trading with the Browns... Reply with quote

Hey, i'm a Browns fan, and I was wondering what you guys would think of a trade the 7th and 18th overall for the 3rd overall and Gerard Warren, and even throw in a 4th rounder... This would give you guys the opportunity to pick up Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams with the 3rd pick or maybe even pick up Antrell Rolle to give you guys a boost in the secondary... Gerard Warren would love to play for you guys, because you have a set team that can win... We need a lot of help and the 2 first rounders would help us a lot... What do you guys think? Is it realistic?
T0wer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every mock draft I have looked at says that edwards, or williams will be around at the 7th spot. Personally no I would not make this deal.
Fartman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we do that deal. We can still get a good player at spot 7. We would not give up a first round pick to move up 3 spots. Also, throw out your own trash(Warren).
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooooooo

I personally think the should get Defensive players with BOTH first round picks and i KNOW they won't trade 2 first round picks to move up 4 more spots in the first round.....
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but they can easily replace moss, and fill one of their main defensive needs.... Warren is good, but he doesnt want to play for a losing team...
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still do not think it could happen.... We have the money to get a WR in the FA and with the 7th pick we might be able to get DJ or Rolle who would be awesome additions...... 18th pick we would take a DT.......

I don't think Minnesota will make anymore trade this year unless they decide to trade Michael Bennet( which i hope they do for a 2nd or early 3rd pick)
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Buccaneers fan and how about a first pick swap and you guys give us an additional second or third round pick?
rajabell_11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns trade wouldnt be bad, but right now, i dont think it matter what receiver falls to the vikings, they will take either one. and we have no reason to switch with the bucs. Warren is good and could do real good with williams as his butt buddy. But maybe a little later if the vikings take a liking to edwards or williams maybe they would like that trade, steal whoever the bears want, those bastards.
UtBDan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
Yeah but they can easily replace moss, and fill one of their main defensive needs.... Warren is good, but he doesnt want to play for a losing team...

Yeah, but it's easier to replace Moss with the likes of Coles, Burress, Gardner, Mason, etc.

Kcrazy wrote:
I'm a Buccaneers fan and how about a first pick swap and you guys give us an additional second or third round pick?

yes, because I am the GM of the Vikings and you are a GM of the Bucs.
Vikings fan.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to get Coles is by a trade, and Derrick Mason isnt a playmaking reciever, plus he's been in the league for awhile now... I highly doubt that the Steelers will give up Plaxico... He's too good... Rod Gardner is not a future starter.... But I understand.. So maybe if the Browns and Vikes swap first picks, and we give you Gerard, and you give us a 2nd or 3rd rounder, that is probably more realistic, assuming that they are going after Braylon... But your right, DJ and Rolle would be a nice fit to their defense, but whose defense wouldnt they be an asset to...
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should giv the skins our 7th pick and get their 9th since we could get either rod gardner or coles i would prefer coles i know hes a good reciver and wuld fit in great and we would only loose 2 places in the draft and we would get a good player
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the skins would do that.....coles is worht more than 2 spots in the draft.......
Titans2004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikes don't get Dante a playmaker in FA, then I think you guys will probably try to move up a few spots to try and make sure you get either Edwards or Williams because I wouldn't be so sure that one will be available at 7 because Chicago sure looks like they will go WR and if Williams is at 6 it will be hard for the Titans to pass on him because WR is one of our top 3 needs and reuniting him with Norm Chow would only make sense. If either WR is available you can guarantee that we will drum up some noise about trade talks with the Redskins or Chargers to try and get good trade down value as well.
VIKEMAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerard Warren has a bad rap right now.. "Fat and lazy" thats not good fot a DT . A resurection maybe thats possible?
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's how you feel, so be it... But he has potential just not with the Browns...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: