Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intrasquad Scrimage Sat 3-4:40
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Intrasquad Scrimage Sat 3-4:40 Reply with quote

Holding the intrasquad scrimage at PBS this year, free to the public. I'm taking my 5 year old twins to watch, anyone else going?

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Intrasquad Scrimage Sat 3-4:40 Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Holding the intrasquad scrimage at PBS this year, free to the public. I'm taking my 5 year old twins to watch, anyone else going?

I am. Then scalping tickets to reds game.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always loved this day at camp. Really gives you great insight on where the players currently are including the running game. I hate that I am missing it

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here right now, sitting on the 40 on the west side, top row of the lower section. I'll post some pictures tonight.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aj, Gresham, Sanu, and Hawkins all look real sharp.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Aj, Gresham, Sanu, and Hawkins all look real sharp.

Nice to hear. Watched what I could on bengals.com. Looks like Dalton didn't get a lot of work but his arm looked good on the couple of throws I saw...
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any pictures saved to my computer yet, but some points:

-Dalton looked real sharp. He was putting the ball in nearly the perfect spot almost every time. Not just hitting the receiver, hitting him in stride chest high. Gradkowski looked terrible, but hopefully he doesn't need to play much at all this year.

-The Law Firm was clearly the best runner today, it wasn't really even close. Leonard had some nice catches, but BJGE is clearly the #1 back.

-The dline is going to be a monster. Geno looks freaking unbelievable, Michael Johnson seems like he's ready to step it up in contract year. Peko and Thompson were impressive in drills and goalline, Dunlap was everywhere. Just real real impressive.

-Shipley clearly isn't 100% back yet. He may be healed, but he isn't what he was before. We'll see if he gets there. Thankfully Hawkins looks like he could be better than last year and is ready to step up.

-Binns flashed a little bit, but Sanu was rock steady.

I'll post more later.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Don't have any pictures saved to my computer yet, but some points:

-Dalton looked real sharp. He was putting the ball in nearly the perfect spot almost every time. Not just hitting the receiver, hitting him in stride chest high. Gradkowski looked terrible, but hopefully he doesn't need to play much at all this year.

-The Law Firm was clearly the best runner today, it wasn't really even close. Leonard had some nice catches, but BJGE is clearly the #1 back.

-The dline is going to be a monster. Geno looks freaking unbelievable, Michael Johnson seems like he's ready to step it up in contract year. Peko and Thompson were impressive in drills and goalline, Dunlap was everywhere. Just real real impressive.

-Shipley clearly isn't 100% back yet. He may be healed, but he isn't what he was before. We'll see if he gets there. Thankfully Hawkins looks like he could be better than last year and is ready to step up.

-Binns flashed a little bit, but Sanu was rock steady.

I'll post more later.

Great to hear this update 'Duke'.....wish I was there....

Sat here in England watching dumb Olympic wrestling between Kazakhstan and Greece.......wish I was at PBS........ very jealous
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah been hearing some bad things about Ship. At this point, with the depth at receiver, i wouldn't be surprised if he's cut. He'll get picked up real fast, but Hawkins, Sanu and Whalen look like better slot options at this point.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sound of it Binns looked great today. I can't wait until Friday to see how this team looks

Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went as well and The Duke hit just about everything on the head.

The d-line looked great. Geno looks better than ever. I've never seen a DT play with the kind of leverage he plays with on every single snap. Michael Johnson looks like he could have a big year. I liked what I saw from the rookies but Devon Still played a little too high at times. Surprisingly, I though Harvey had a pretty good day and I was kind of surprised he was released. I guess it just goes to show how good the depth is. This unit will be major strength.

Zeitler looked steady out there. Struggled at times in his pass pro, and that was mainly due to footwork (and of course the few times he went up against Geno). He is a tremendous road groader and is going to be a great fit next to Smith who looked pretty good.

On a couple plays on offense, Dalton hooked up with Gresham down the middle of the field. Hopefully a sign of more to come.

Overall, I liked what i saw for the first week of practice. I mainly watched the line of scrimmage the entire time but the skill guys impressed too. the rookie from UCONN had a nice day. Also enjoyed a nice Reds win after. Gotta love the Bengals and Reds working together.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more notes:

-I'm still a little worried about the secodary. It's hard to get a good read on them given their familiarity with the offense and restrictions they have.

-Rey was filling a lot of holes and stopping guys in their tracks. He was the only LB that really stood out to me.

-Nugent was nailing 50+ yard bombs with ease.

-I think Zac Robinson has a good shot of being the #3 QB if they carry 3 QB

-I think Kashif Moore doesn't make the roster, but will make the practice squad.

-Chris Pressley is just a brick ****house. I'd hate to be a LB taking him on in a hole. Looked like a bowling ball out there, except that he is ripped as hell.

-Orson Charles looked kind of shaky

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

-Orson Charles looked kind of shaky

Shaky how? I was expecting him to look uncomfortable in the receiving game but a beast in blocking. Did he flash anything run or pass blocking?
ajthefreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me or did we give aj jumpballs all game

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Duke about being worried about our secondary. I don't love Nelson and like Mays but worry that he isn't ready. Our corners are mostly injured, and I don't trust that Hall will be back 100% and with Kirk missing most of the offseason. Clements is all old, but I like Allen and Jones I just hope they are ready to step up.

I wouldnt be worried about Charles. I don't expect him to have much of an impact for us this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: