You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

To Which Players is the Combine Most Important?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: To Which Players is the Combine Most Important? Reply with quote

The 2 that come to mind right away are Maurice Clarrett and Mike Williams for obvious reasons.

Another possibly is Marlin Jackson. It's hard to tell how he compares to the other top CBs in the draft. I think he will pull him self up or down more than any other Cbs in the draft because of the combine.

Who else do you think the Combine will be the most important(negatively or positively) to?
gm81271

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that its important for us to really look close at that second tier of WRs at the combine , if we do in fact draft Defense with 11 and 20 in the 1st Rd....you all remember who we picked up in the second round last year.Hopefully one of them really does impress Parcells and staff!!!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's Bob Ley did a huge piece on the Cowboys on ESPN last night. He had 3 different analysts talking about the Bledsoe deal, and they all said the same thing: with Bledsoe signing, they need a lead WR more than any other position. They mentioned free agency as the wrong place to look, and said the Cowboys need to draft a #1 Wr to "replace Michael Irvin". One analyst hinted HEAVILY at Mike Williams. He didn't say they should trade up for him, but alluded to it a great deal.

Let's hope that Jerry wants Mike Williams and that he and Parcells reached an agreement. Parcells gets Bledsoe, Jerry gets Mike Williams.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lead WR being the Boys' most important need? Ah, I don't think so. The team's #1 priority should be strengthening the front 7. The DL, in particular, needs to add a few more playmakers, namely a legitimate pass-rushing DE and a run-stuffing, space-eating DT.

Playmakers at LB are also necessary.

Priority #2 should be improving the secondary, acquiring guys that can cover, tackle, and create turnovers.

Priority #3 should be improving the right side of the OL, at least acquiring a RT. If the right side isn't improved, Bledsoe will be on his back early and often.

Priority #4 then should be on a WR. The Boys, however, shouldn't go out of their way to grab a lead WR as teams like the Patriots have shown that you don't need a legitimate #1 to succeed. Instead, you need to have WRs that are consistent, run good routes, and can make plays. Sure, if MW performs well at the combine and falls to #11, take him. Otherwise, the team shouldn't panic to grab a WR.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike williams is slow
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only stating what the ESPN piece said. I believe that ar lead WR is just as important as improving the front 7. We don't have any depth at either spot, and don't really have a featured player that we can build an offense or defense around in that respect.

Trading La'Roi Glover would grant us the opportunity to shore up both sides of the football a lot easier. We can't wait until next year for a WR because the class coming out will be very weak. This year has a lot of very good defensive talent, so both positions should be addressed in the draft. I'd like to see us go after as many defensive free agents as humanly possible. Filling the voids in free agency will grant us the opportunity to go after a WR and/or trade down in the draft to stockpile picks (I'd rather stay where we are and grab the best guys possible, though).
roodawg06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure having mike would be great but there is no reason to waste several picks to trade up to get him we have more pressing needs DE,RT,S,CB
Cowboys73

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually need more picks then we have so I am assuming trading up for anyone is out of the question.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for sticking on topic! haha i didn't even get 1 name from anyone! cant i get 1 name, period. They don't have to be possibilities for the Cowboys, just who will be affected the most, comon
Cowboys73

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think merriman will show case his awesome physical abilities at the combine and may make him rise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Clarett looked pretty good, and the 22 reps w/ 225 wasn't bad either. If he runs under 4.5, he goes by the end of the fourth.
AmericasTeam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else practice that has been talked about or would be good for our team?
TheDoorKnob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that MW did have a bad combine so that may give him the chance to fall to us can someone let me know how he did
James Trucks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW is not doing anything at the combine except getting measured and weighed, if that. He is holding private workouts.
TheDoorKnob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that BP said that he is not going to get a cb in the first round but something wants me to get A.Rolle these last 2 days do yall think if he is avable at #11 and MW & DJ are gone sould we get him

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: