You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD: Eagles War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: FFMD: Eagles War Room Reply with quote

Eagles 2006 Draft picks

5th overall (1st round) - Mario Williams, DE NC State
76th overall pick (3rd round)
107th overall pick (4th round)
115th overall pick (4th round)
133rd overall pick (5th round)
142nd overall pick (5th round)
203rd overall pick (7th round)

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook

Last edited by Phreak on Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steegles46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Here are the positions:

Quote:
Job Descriptions

-General Manager- Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from trades to picks, but he should not let the power go to his head. The HC, and the rest of the staff should be greatly infulencing every decision he makes.

-Head Coach- Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options.

-Assistant GM- Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the onyl one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation.

-Offensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Offensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

-Defensive Coordinator- Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scout to look for help on deffense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

-Defensive scout- Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks.

-Scout- Their jobs are focused on the draft. They should help out with all decisions however, and are not just limited to helping out with the draft. They have no specific job, but they offer their opinions and advice on all matters. There may be multiple scouts on one staff.

I assume Phreak will be the GM, correct? I'll take Defensive Coordinator, if I may.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I remember correctly from looking at the thread, we are understaffed. I don't think we have enough people to even fill out every "job".

I guess I can be the Head Coach and something else if need be.

Although it would probably just be easier for everyone to do everything and for all of us to discuss it before making any decisions.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers are looking to trade down from the 5th spot if you have any interest in moving up here PM me or make a post in our War Room.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Assistant GM spot, but I think we're best off discussing with each other before doing anything major.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Packers board to show some preliminary interest in the 5th pick, just in case we decide that is a direction we want to go in and they are already on page 7 in their thread.

I think we should pick up the activity here a bit.

Maybe go to other teams forums and talk about trading up and down, nothing definite just to get some talks going.
Phreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
if I remember correctly from looking at the thread, we are understaffed. I don't think we have enough people to even fill out every "job".

I guess I can be the Head Coach and something else if need be.

Although it would probably just be easier for everyone to do everything and for all of us to discuss it before making any decisions.

I agree 100%. We can have the "jobs" but we should just do everything together. I'll edit the first post and put our picks and needs in it. If you have anything to add, just post it here.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have interest in trading down with the Eagles, if you decide to go in that direction talk to us first.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should consider the trade up to 5th although I think it might be smart and try to work something for the 4th pick first and the 5th as a second option.

I don't really think we should talk about trading down to teams just yet. We still have no idea what could drop to us at 14 and should only really entertain trading down during the actual drafing part.

I'm not sure what the Packers will want for the 5th, But I say a pick and Hood would almost certainly do it.

They raises the question how valuable is Hood to us? Do we want to trade him? If we do would his value make the pick we give up a lower one?

I'll go and try to start some talks with the Jets. Ferguson and Williams could both be there and the jets could be looking to move out.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree ninja. We should try to work out something for the fourth pick as well, but right now the fifth pick would be great for us. As I see it, Bush, Leinart, and Young are a lock for the top 3. After that it's likely D'Brick goes to the Jets, but if it's possible, I'd like for us to get D'Brick. However, if Ferguson is off the board, we can still get Mario Williams at 5. I think our first, a fourth or third rounder, and Rod Hood should do it. As for Rod Hood, he's very good, but we have Matt Ware and can find a corner later in the draft. I think we shoudl definitely consider moving up to 5 or 4.
Phreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd like to keep Rod Hood if we could. But, if we could trade him instead of our second round pick, then I'm all for it.

Second, if we're going to trade up to 4th or 5th overall, I think it should be for AJ Hawk or Mario Williams. As amazing as D'Brickashaw Ferguson is, he is strictly a LT. We already have our LT for next year (Tra Thomas). We need a RT, and D'Brickashaw can't play RT, making him useless for us his rookie season. We need to use the money we have on players who can help us now. Keep in mind, though the 4th overall pick will give us a good player, it will also give us a HUGE contract. If we're going to invest that much in a player, it should be for someone who can help us right away.

Mario Williams and AJ Hawk would both be huge upgrades to our defense, and they could start right away. I would prefer Mario over Hawk, but I'd be happy either way.

Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak, you make a very good point. I definitely would prefer the 5th pick, because the contract would be far cheaper. I agree that Mario Williams would be the pick as well. He has the size to dominate. However, I think Haloti Ngata might be worth the fifth overall pick as well.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he have thomas next year, but I think Ferguson is the best player in the draft and if you can get him a franchise LT you have to do it.

I don't think we should even consider Hawk. He is a weakside linebacker and we just drafted McCoy last year. Everyone in the know seems to be in love with McCoy and they want him to possibly start at weakside this year. I don't think we give up on him just yet, although Hawk is a great player.

Also I'm afraid if we put all our eggs in one basket going to the 5th pick for Mario. A team could just one up as at 4 and take him there. Although that would leave us with possibly Ferguson which I'm obviously not against.

As for Ngata, he doesn't even fit our scheme I don't see why we would want him.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu guys have been pondering about the 5th pick, to get it I would like a first and second and either a mid rounder or a young defensive player to improve our defense.

Note: The 2nd could move down depending on the quality of the player.

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets are shopping around John Abraham and want to see if Philadelphia is interested.

The price of Abe will not be set until we establish whether or not you are interested.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: