Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 - NFC West - Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Following Thursday's preseason opener, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll hinted that LT Russell Okung indeed has another high left ankle sprain.

"It's in that area," Carroll acknowledged. The Seahawks are familiar with Okung's high ankle sprains because he suffered one on each leg last season, the more serious to Okung's left side. It's the same ankle he injured tonight. Week 1 is still a full month away, but these can be 4-6 week injuries. It's a big concern for an offense that looked totally out of sync Thursday night.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

And that happened on one of the first plays in the game.. Too bad, Okung is one of the few Seahawks I like.

-kiltman
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see things happen like that to a guy. Feel bad for Okung; not so bad for Carroll.
DukeSF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Portis got kicked out of college for cheating on a pop quiz Rolling Eyes

It's no wonder why Pete Carroll likes him Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparent serious lower leg (knee/ankle) for the cards Ryan Williams he was carted off the field with tears in his eyes
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foreveryoung94 wrote:
Apparent serious lower leg (knee/ankle) for the cards Ryan Williams he was carted off the field with tears in his eyes

Whaaaat Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
foreveryoung94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still havnt figured out why they spent such a high pick on a back and shipped out Hightower for a sixth and a bag of balls ... i mean v. holliday

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foreveryoung94 wrote:
I still havnt figured out why they spent such a high pick on a back and shipped out Hightower for a sixth and a bag of balls ... i mean v. holliday

Williams is definitely worth the high pick. He could've been a first round pick if he stayed in school another year but VT has a RB thats a sure fire first round pick most likely next year in David Wilson.

Hightower was average at best and teams value draft picks more then players so generally a return on a traded player isn't going to get you much unless hes an absolute stud.
foreveryoung94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:

Williams is definitely worth the high pick. He could've been a first round pick if he stayed in school another year but VT has a RB thats a sure fire first round pick most likely next year in David Wilson.

Hightower was average at best and teams value draft picks more then players so generally a return on a traded player isn't going to get you much unless hes an absolute stud.
Thats all fine but that doesnt mean that it was a good move for them, they used a top pick on a player that plays the same position that was the biggest strength on the team, even though they had lots of holes to fill. Im not at all saying that he was drafted too high just saying that AZ and CAR were about the only teams I can think of that had no reason to draft a RB in the first 5 rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foreveryoung94 wrote:

He ruptured his patellar tendon and will miss the entire season. I cannot imagine what that kid is feeling right now.
foreveryoung94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:

He ruptured his patellar tendon and will miss the entire season. I cannot imagine what that kid is feeling right now.
Ya I never root for injuries of our rivals but am never really sad when they lose a player in this case I am actually really bummed for the guy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams' injury is an unfortunate one for a young stud back. I wish him the best in his recovery. Cards fans better hope Beanie Wells can hold on to the ball.

De Oppresso Liber
scraly47*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Cardinals are set to sign Larry Fitzgerald to an eight-year, $120 million contract extension that includes close to $50 million guaranteed.
Apparently Fitzgerald is comfortable with new quarterback Kevin Kolb. The guaranteed money is the most ever given to a non-quarterback, and makes Fitzgerald the league's highest-paid receiver. Arguably the game's most physically gifted player, Fitzgerald illustrated just how dominant he truly is in 2010 by putting up his usual ridiculous numbers (90 catches, 1,137 yards and six touchdowns) despite having turnover-machine Derek Anderson and rookie John Skelton throwing him the ball. Still 11 days shy of his 28th birthday, it's not outside the realm of possibility he could remain elite for the duration of his new deal.

-Lork
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:

Pretty sure Cadillac had that same injury and wasn't the same after. I feel bad for the dude.

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:

Pretty sure Cadillac had that same injury and wasn't the same after. I feel bad for the dude.

Didn't he have injuries to both legs?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
foreveryoung94 wrote:

Didn't he have injuries to both legs?

Yes, so maybe not the best example. But its very serious from what I read.

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: