Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 - NFC West - Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanut326 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Braylon Edwards signs with Seattle Seahawks


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af21fe/article/braylon-edwards-signs-with-seattle-seahawks


Carroll always getting our sloppy seconds. This is one I am actually mad over.


Me likey. Mike Rob has become a decent player for us. Braylon is next Wink
Mike Rob was a decent special team/back-up fullback before he left San Fran Wink
I hated MRob when he was here. He was a terrible "fullback". That AZ game where he couldn't punch it in from the 1 is where my hatred grew for him. A real fullback would've got that. He lost the game for us. The hype on him when he was here was when he knocked out Dawkins. He got so much love for that. He also got love for that fake punt during that epic Seattle game a few years ago.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10664
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanut326 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Braylon Edwards signs with Seattle Seahawks


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af21fe/article/braylon-edwards-signs-with-seattle-seahawks


Carroll always getting our sloppy seconds. This is one I am actually mad over.


Me likey. Mike Rob has become a decent player for us. Braylon is next Wink
Mike Rob was a decent special team/back-up fullback before he left San Fran Wink


He has improved a lot since he got to Seattle. And I don't remember him being a decent player when we played each other Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22427
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
peanut326 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Braylon Edwards signs with Seattle Seahawks


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af21fe/article/braylon-edwards-signs-with-seattle-seahawks


Carroll always getting our sloppy seconds. This is one I am actually mad over.


Me likey. Mike Rob has become a decent player for us. Braylon is next Wink
Mike Rob was a decent special team/back-up fullback before he left San Fran Wink


He has improved a lot since he got to Seattle. And I don't remember him being a decent player when we played each other Wink


Decent at special teams, anything else.....not really. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 9594
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the overlooked part of this, is the 49ers roster is to the point where we're no longer in need of "decent" players at any position. Now we're looking to upgrade "good" players for "great" players. The rest of the division can keep their "decent" players.
_________________


Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10664
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I think the overlooked part of this, is the 49ers roster is to the point where we're no longer in need of "decent" players at any position. Now we're looking to upgrade "good" players for "great" players. The rest of the division can keep their "decent" players.


We could definitely upgrade him, but he contributed to the success of Beast Mode. Replacing him won't make-or-break our running game. Also, Pete seems to like a do-it-all FB

Plus I LOVE watching the Real Rob Report.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39270
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seahawks released WR Antonio Bryant and signed K Carson Wiggs.

Bryant lasted ten days in camp, and it probably bodes poorly for the 31-year-old's NFL outlook that he was dumped for a camp kicker. The Seahawks recently added Braylon Edwards, which was probably the first solid sign that Bryant didn't have much left in the tank. He'll head back to unrestricted free agency.


roto
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3676
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the PFT link but next ex-Niner up Laughing
Report: T.O. on way to Seattle for visit
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/report-t-o-on-way-to-seattle/
Sando with more...
Quote:
Seattle keeps looking at long-shot receivers. That suggests the team isn't entirely comfortable with its situation at the position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70808/thoughts-on-seahawks-terrell-owens
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeebs


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 2492
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Sorry for the PFT link but next ex-Niner up Laughing
Report: T.O. on way to Seattle for visit
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/report-t-o-on-way-to-seattle/
Sando with more...
Quote:
Seattle keeps looking at long-shot receivers. That suggests the team isn't entirely comfortable with its situation at the position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70808/thoughts-on-seahawks-terrell-owens


3 ex-49ers in one season? Does that break some sort of record?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3676
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Sorry for the PFT link but next ex-Niner up Laughing
Report: T.O. on way to Seattle for visit
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/report-t-o-on-way-to-seattle/
Sando with more...
Quote:
Seattle keeps looking at long-shot receivers. That suggests the team isn't entirely comfortable with its situation at the position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70808/thoughts-on-seahawks-terrell-owens


3 ex-49ers in one season? Does that break some sort of record?
Not sure if three does it but Battle is still a FA after being released in February. That should do it... (sorry for the joke Arnaz, much respect!)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8232
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Sorry for the PFT link but next ex-Niner up Laughing
Report: T.O. on way to Seattle for visit
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/report-t-o-on-way-to-seattle/
Sando with more...
Quote:
Seattle keeps looking at long-shot receivers. That suggests the team isn't entirely comfortable with its situation at the position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70808/thoughts-on-seahawks-terrell-owens


came in here to post that. haha. i wish we grabbed moss last season after braylon. i know he isnt great now, but he would have been a huge upgrade to what we had out there

carroll is hilarious.

oh yeah and good thing for that logjam in seattle. nobody gave t.o. a look. well except you know who. maybe its another turn around story like mike williams. that ended well Laughing
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Sorry for the PFT link but next ex-Niner up Laughing
Report: T.O. on way to Seattle for visit
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/report-t-o-on-way-to-seattle/
Sando with more...
Quote:
Seattle keeps looking at long-shot receivers. That suggests the team isn't entirely comfortable with its situation at the position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70808/thoughts-on-seahawks-terrell-owens


came in here to post that. haha. i wish we grabbed moss last season after braylon. i know he isnt great now, but he would have been a huge upgrade to what we had out there

carroll is hilarious.

oh yeah and good thing for that logjam in seattle. nobody gave t.o. a look. well except you know who. maybe its another turn around story like mike williams. that ended well Laughing
To me it seems as if Seattle is unsure of their young guys and their WR group as a whole if they are bringing in these type of guys. With a new QB learning a new playbook this spells out trouble. He needs to get into a rhythm with his guys and how's he going to do that with a revolving door at WR? Who is his go to guy going to be?
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeebs


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 2492
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JayGlazer: He's baaaaaack! Terrell Owens has agreed to a one year deal with the Seahawks.


Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psychlone


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 3676
Location: Marin County, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
Quote:
@JayGlazer: He's baaaaaack! Terrell Owens has agreed to a one year deal with the Seahawks.


Laughing Laughing
Multiple child support orders being delivered to 12 Seahawks Way Renton, WA as we speak... Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see how TO and Moss' numbers measure up.
Quote:
Where Career Totals Rank
WR... ...............Rec....Yards....TD
Terrell Owens....6th......2nd.....2nd
Randy Moss.......9th......5th.....2nd

Both with 153 receiving touchdowns.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70876/larry-fitzgerald-rand-moss-and-t-o
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4207
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
Quote:
@JayGlazer: He's baaaaaack! Terrell Owens has agreed to a one year deal with the Seahawks.


Laughing Laughing
Multiple child support orders being delivered to 12 Seahawks Way Renton, WA as we speak... Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see how TO and Moss' numbers measure up.
Quote:
Where Career Totals Rank
WR... ...............Rec....Yards....TD
Terrell Owens....6th......2nd.....2nd
Randy Moss.......9th......5th.....2nd

Both with 153 receiving touchdowns.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70876/larry-fitzgerald-rand-moss-and-t-o


I've always loved T.O. The NFC West is going to be very interesting this year.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
niner530


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 572
Location: Yuba City, CA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
Quote:
@JayGlazer: He's baaaaaack! Terrell Owens has agreed to a one year deal with the Seahawks.


Laughing Laughing
Multiple child support orders being delivered to 12 Seahawks Way Renton, WA as we speak... Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see how TO and Moss' numbers measure up.
Quote:
Where Career Totals Rank
WR... ...............Rec....Yards....TD
Terrell Owens....6th......2nd.....2nd
Randy Moss.......9th......5th.....2nd

Both with 153 receiving touchdowns.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70876/larry-fitzgerald-rand-moss-and-t-o


I've always loved T.O. The NFC West is going to be very interesting this year.


Same here i always thought he deserved another chance, it sucks its with the Seahawks though. I think he can still be productive.

Moss and Owens in the same division and in the nfc west? Never thought i see that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group